2013 Scores

Re: 2013 Scores

Postby LuvnBaseball » Tue May 21, 2013 2:03 pm

In the first game, Mahoney started pitching but pulled a muscle in his back on the second or third batter; likely because he did not have a mound to warm up on, or a catcher to warm him up prior to the game. I heard him say once he started to throw harder it got tight in the cold rainy weather. He got through the first with no runs, but walked and hit 2 guys in the second. When coach came out, after seeing he was struggling with his back, Regimbal came in and unfortunately for RR, Davies started hitting the ball. Later, Baudin came in and gave a 3-run homerun up to his first varsity batter, felt for the kid since he looks like a good pitcher. But, I believe it kind of took the wind out of the sails when the starter had to leave after 1 1/3 innings. That said, Linsteadt had 14 strikeouts through 6 and Quinlan got 2 more in relief after giving up a bases loaded double to Mahoney which scored 3 runs. The pitching of Davies was great that day, and that is why we play the games versus compare on paper.

Honestly, Red River's issue has been a lack of timely hitting and far too many runners left on base all year. There are a couple of kids with great batting stats for the year, but the team overall just does not hit consistently enough; that said, when they get hot, they get real hot. It also seems, when a starter leaves the game with runners on, the relief pitchers just do not shut them down and runs end up scoring. RR just needs better hitting and mental toughness and I think they could do very well, but we will see how that works out. I just hope to see some good, competitive games this week!
LuvnBaseball
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Class A