EDC Season Extension News?

EDC Season Extension News?

Postby LuvnBaseball » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:52 am

I am hearing the ND HS season may be extended 2 weeks due to the weather. Anyone have or heard of any definitive words on it yet? :?: :?:
LuvnBaseball
NDPreps Reserve

Re: EDC Season Extension News?

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:03 pm

Its being brought up at the NDHSAA meeting on Tuesday.

It'll be interesting to see what may come of this.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11644
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:26 pm

You can read the letter sent to the Board to discuss tomorrow which was written by West Fargo's AD.

its point 13 in the meeting...

http://www.ndhsaa.com/board_meeting_4_23_13/
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby utilityman » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:36 pm

I'd hate to see it extended 2 weeks, I've always felt that Legion ball was better than HS ball especially in ND. This will just make for a nightmare on legion teams schedules. Instead I would recommend playing each team 1 game instead of 2. If it's normally a 20 game EDC schedule, make it 10. Fargo has lots of fields, have a Fri, Sat deal where teams can get together and get 4-5 games in in a weekend back to back weekends. You can still play on a Tues for 2 weeks and that should get it all done.

I don't know, sounds a little radical I know but why mess the legion season up too? Maybe a majority of people rate the HS season more important than legion? I know the people I talk to like legion ball a lot better. It would just seem odd to playing for a HS championship 2 weeks after schools done IMO.

Gotta love ND weather.
utilityman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:03 pm

Its sounding like its just going to be discussed. There's too many things that rescheduling the season another week or two would affect.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby southpaw32 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:44 pm

I understand that legion ball probably is better quality. But this is not about the fans, it's about the kids.
There are 4 high school teams in Fargo. And 1 legion team, 2 if you count the Jets. So look how many more kids are affected. There are many kids who get playing time on their high school team that either don't have the skill or time or money to play post 2. Let them have their time to enjoy being apart of a team. And how about the seniors. This is their last time to represent their school. Plus, do you think Jack Williams will be playable by June 14th? If it floods like they think, Jack will be a mess. I guess I'm always for more kids playing baseball, then less.
southpaw32
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:27 pm

btw...the extension of the season went to a vote today and it was denied by a 11-0 vote...but they will look into future issues with this
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby baseballdad » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:12 am

southpaw32 wrote:I understand that legion ball probably is better quality. But this is not about the fans, it's about the kids.
There are 4 high school teams in Fargo. And 1 legion team, 2 if you count the Jets. So look how many more kids are affected. There are many kids who get playing time on their high school team that either don't have the skill or time or money to play post 2. Let them have their time to enjoy being apart of a team. And how about the seniors. This is their last time to represent their school. Plus, do you think Jack Williams will be playable by June 14th? If it floods like they think, Jack will be a mess. I guess I'm always for more kids playing baseball, then less.

Maybe Fargo should have more than 1 legion team. I think if it floods are the optimal words.
baseballdad
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:42 pm

baseballdad wrote:
southpaw32 wrote:I understand that legion ball probably is better quality. But this is not about the fans, it's about the kids.

Maybe Fargo should have more than 1 legion team. I think if it floods are the optimal words.

It's ridiculous that Fargo's legion team doesn't dominate given how much bigger they are than the other towns, especially like Dickinson, Williston (granted both are getting big), and Jamestown
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby TTCoach » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:09 am

Indy5 wrote:
baseballdad wrote:

It's ridiculous that Fargo's legion team doesn't dominate given how much bigger they are than the other towns, especially like Dickinson, Williston (granted both are getting big), and Jamestown

What about the bombers? They are just a younger team that takes in quite a few players also. I think most of the kids are getting a chance to play if they want to. In the summer so many kids would rather go to the lake rather than make a commitment to play baseball all summer. Being a coach I see that all the time. It is nothing new.
TTCoach
NDPreps Rookie

Postby LuvnBaseball » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:36 pm

I actually like how they did it when we lived in the south...baseball was played in the fall. BUT, I know the football athletes did not like it, but they were able to start summer baseball prior to school getting out and have a longer, more competitive season.
LuvnBaseball
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Class A