DGF
Davies
Oak Grove-PC
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: Fargo, West Fargo, Moorhead

Postby DSCP1 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:11 am

No shanley is not better then West fargo, because heres some logic

Shanley barely beat Detriot lakes on a last second touchdown and the score was something like 23 to 21

Bismarck killed Detriot lakes 49 to 7, and i believe their first team offense score every time

Bismarck lost to west fargo 6 to 0

Which means west fargo 99% of the time would beat shanley......... numbers dont lie
DSCP1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Riders00 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:43 pm

Using comparative scores is like citing wikipedia in a research paper. But I agree West Fargo is definitely above Shanley. I'm not trying to disrespect AA football, but it's not just a coincidence that when Devil's Lake and Shanley moved down they became top teams in AA after struggling in AAA.
Riders00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:14 pm

Riders00 wrote:Using comparative scores is like citing wikipedia in a research paper. But I agree West Fargo is definitely above Shanley. I'm not trying to disrespect AA football, but it's not just a coincidence that when Devil's Lake and Shanley moved down they became top teams in AA after struggling in AAA.

Shanley also developed into a much better team last year(first year in AA) than the year before. They are now a much better team this year than last year.

Devils Lake was better in their first AA year than their last AAA year as well. So yes, it is a coincidence, even though you are partially right. Neither team would have made it to state in AAA like they did in AA. I'm not trying to say AA is as good as AAA. It obviously isn't. But there was a little bit of coincidence.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:53 pm

Indy5 wrote:
Riders00 wrote:Using comparative scores is like citing wikipedia in a research paper. But I agree West Fargo is definitely above Shanley. I'm not trying to disrespect AA football, but it's not just a coincidence that when Devil's Lake and Shanley moved down they became top teams in AA after struggling in AAA.

Shanley also developed into a much better team last year(first year in AA) than the year before. They are now a much better team this year than last year.

Devils Lake was better in their first AA year than their last AAA year as well. So yes, it is a coincidence, even though you are partially right. Neither team would have made it to state in AAA like they did in AA. I'm not trying to say AA is as good as AAA. It obviously isn't. But there was a little bit of coincidence.

However, I do think Shanley would make the playoffs in AAA this year
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Indy5 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:37 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

However, I do think Shanley would make the playoffs in AAA this year

I agree with that. I can't believe there are 4 teams in the east in AAA better than the best AA team.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby sooner08 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:40 am

I would go in this order

South
West Fargo
North/Moorhead
Shanley
Davies
Dilworth
Oak Grove

i dont really think you could put shanley up that far. yes they are state champs but of AA not AAA. i guess Moorhead im not really sure of so thats why i put North and Moorhead together
sooner08
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:23 am

sooner08 wrote:I would go in this order

South
West Fargo
North/Moorhead
Shanley
Davies
Dilworth
Oak Grove

i dont really think you could put shanley up that far. yes they are state champs but of AA not AAA. i guess Moorhead im not really sure of so thats why i put North and Moorhead together

I've seen all these teams play this year (with the exception of Dilworth)...Shanley is better than North and Moorhead
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby secondwind » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:39 pm

South
Shanley
W. Fargo
Moorhead
North
Dilworth
Davies
Oak Grove

Generally, Shanley would not be this high because of sheer program numbers but this season is an exception with all the talent they have. They would be, without a doubt, in top 3 teams in EDC this season and guarantee they could play right with South/WF with game going either way,
secondwind
NDPreps Starter

Postby EDC » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:23 pm

Too bad that we will never know. Why doesn't Moorhead play the Fargo teams? Don't forget that Shanley beat South some 7-8 years ago. I think that Shanley would hang with WF and South this year and on a good night beat them. Moorhead and Detroit Lakes had a tough scrimmage pre season. Detroit Lakes got pumped by Bismarck but beat Red River.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to AAA