2010 defenses best to worst

The teams in Class AAA

Re: 2010 defenses best to worst

Postby bigfella285 » Mon May 10, 2010 12:26 pm

what does the bismarck schools have for starting players for defenses?
bigfella285
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Defender28 » Wed May 12, 2010 11:36 am

iluvit wrote:Has it ever occured to you century guys that most people that go on here might not be bismarck guys?? I mean of coarse people are going to talk about them, they won every game this year badly, and won everygame last year (except for one at west fargo). I mean the best team is going to be talked about, Im a freshman so when my time is up to play i probably wont talk at all on here but regardless i just feel like for century people if the spotlight isnt on them they cry about it. dont mean to be offensive its just how it is

If you're a freshman how can you argue schemes and such with us and how were you on the sideline when i got knocked out... Iluvit do you realize the biggest loss we took was to BHS ok so they are number 1 in state... second loss was to Fargo South ok they are number 2 in the state but we did work against everyone else and yet we remained at either the 4 or 5 seed all season we were overlooked. Minot and Mandan were ranked over us at points during the year. So the complaining is more resentment on our behalf which i admit sometimes comes out in the comments but Century has been a consistent fixture in the semis of the playoffs in recent history and considering the age of the school isnt doing too bad for itself.
Defender28
NDPreps Starter

Postby iluvit » Sat May 15, 2010 4:08 pm

Sorry i was in the stands (not the sideline) and im going to be a freshman next year, should have clarified that i guess, but im not saying that you guys were a bad football team cuz you were. You guys should have been number 3, but im mostly talk about Century parents, not the players again should have been more clear
iluvit
NDPreps Starter

Postby Defender28 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:58 pm

iluvit wrote:Sorry i was in the stands (not the sideline) and im going to be a freshman next year, should have clarified that i guess, but im not saying that you guys were a bad football team cuz you were. You guys should have been number 3, but im mostly talk about Century parents, not the players again should have been more clear

Just stop. You have no idea what your talking about. There is sports politics and biases and underlying messages that pass through at the varsity level that you cant understand till you experience it. You have only just scratched the surface. Parents would complain that their ice cream was to hot if they thought it served some selfish reason to themselves or their kids. One thing is never listen to the parents or talk about sports with the parents cause they will have a narrowed vision of reality. The media is driven by most of the same party as well. Listen to the dialogue on the radio or TV at news time or area sports wrap up sportscasters will have biases that will come out. It is best to look at the material but not take any of it to mind or heart. Most athletes have a clear concept of reality and where they fit in the scheme of things so talk to them directly most of the time and use your brain and common sense to sift through all the BS
Defender28
NDPreps Starter

Postby Schmidty22 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:46 am

squeak63 wrote:
Defender28 wrote:It also takes alot of pride to go to century and put with all the crap that everyone says. So kudos to you joe for speaking your mind. If you havent notice Century guys dont make topics to try and talk themselves up

probably one of the funniest things i have heard on this message board in a while.... you ever looked at the track or basketball forums on this site? or even football a couple of years back? century people come on here and talk themselves just as much as the kids from bismarck high or any other school does. you don't think that the post's about Jesse " The BIrd Man" Kartes being the best 3 point shooter in the wda when he shot 26% from 3 was talking themselves up, or the post's about cenutry athletes winning state in every event in track is talking themselves up? I realize that these are different sports but it still happens on this site.

listen here dude we have the right to talk up our school just as much as you do you don't have to criticize us just because we have school spirit.
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:11 pm

Top 5 defenses in the state would be:

1. West Fargo
2. Bismarck
3. Century
4. Fargo South
5. Mandan/Minot
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby papabutch74 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:26 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Top 5 defenses in the state would be:

1. West Fargo
2. Bismarck
3. Century
4. Fargo South
5. Mandan/Minot

as of right now.. i agree.. i watched the bhs west fargo game and i wasnt super impressed yet with either defense, many missed tackles, but thats what you get from a young seconday and linebackers such as bhs, wait for the season to continue and they will grow and adapt and i say theyll definately be top come end of the season due to offensive lines having to block the 3 bismarck has up front
papabutch74
NDPreps Starter

Postby 10-4rd » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:51 pm

How about RRHS win over Williston. that game was pearly D. I cant recall the stats exactly but that performance in my mind deserved a spot of this list
10-4rd
NDPreps Rookie

Postby goteam11 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:00 am

10-4rd wrote:How about RRHS win over Williston. that game was pearly D. I cant recall the stats exactly but that performance in my mind deserved a spot of this list

You have to take into account they are playing williston. I played last year and I don't even know a single players name on the williston roster. we will see how they do against say.. south or west fargo.
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby Thirty » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:52 pm

10-4rd wrote:How about RRHS win over Williston. that game was pearly D. I cant recall the stats exactly but that performance in my mind deserved a spot of this list

You have to take into account they are palying williston. I play for williston this year and I don't even know any of my teammates' names. we will see how they do against say.. south or west fargo.
Thirty
NDPreps Starter

Postby 10-4rd » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:17 pm

well they just played jamestown and held them to 43 yards and only one first down. even though it is jamestown that is a pretty impressive showing from the RR defence
10-4rd
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:35 pm

10-4rd wrote:well they just played jamestown and held them to 43 yards and only one first down. even though it is jamestown that is a pretty impressive showing from the RR defence

I'm not sold on Red River until they play someone better than Williston and Jamestown
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby bighouse » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:56 am

joejack77 wrote:wda
1. bismarck
2. century
3. minot
4. Mandan
5. Dickinson
6. Williston
and maybe flip century and bismarck.centurys better against the run. and maybe move mandan up 1 spot. idk for sure tho. idk about the east.

:lol: thats funny cause dickinson has the second ranked D in the state.
bighouse
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:34 pm

bighouse wrote:
joejack77 wrote:wda
1. bismarck
2. century
3. minot
4. Mandan
5. Dickinson
6. Williston
and maybe flip century and bismarck.centurys better against the run. and maybe move mandan up 1 spot. idk for sure tho. idk about the east.

:lol: thats funny cause dickinson has the second ranked D in the state.

he posted that Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:10 pm...long time ago
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Previous

Return to AAA