2010 North Dakota Shrine Bowl.

The teams in Class AAA

2010 North Dakota Shrine Bowl.

Postby Stallng » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:02 pm

11-man West — Devin Barton, Carrington; Calen Beaudoin, Dickinson; Andrew Carlson, St. Mary’s; Baylee Carr, Hazen; Ryan David, St. Mary’s; Joel Deckert, L&C-Berthold; Payton DeCoteau, Turtle Mountain-Belcourt; Chase Enget, Stanley; Cody Frueh, Harvey; Bruce Govig, Century; Ben Haugeberg, Watford City; Dylan Ironheart, Devils Lake; Garret Jacobs, Century; Andrew Juve, Fosston, Minn.; Cody Kallock, East Grand Forks, Minn.; Jesse Kartes, Bismarck Century; Brock Keller, Minot; Caleb Kester, Des Lacs-Burlington; Kody Keysor, Bottineau; Calvin Krueger, Bismarck High; Lucas Lupo, Dickinson; Jake Miller, Bismarck; Michael Oberlander, Century; Derek Opperud, Williston; Kasey Schmidt, Beulah; Jared Schoch, Heart River; Keanan Serna, Beulah; Shelby Skytland, Mandan; Brent Sorensen, Hazen; Jared Swenseth, Devils Lake; Esley Thorton, Bismarck; Jared Vejtasa, Williams County; Casey Weinmann, Harvey; Michael White, L&C-Our Redeemer’s; Michael Wiest, Velva; Carson Winkels, Bismarck; Jarad Wolf, New Salem; Mark Wychor, Moorhead, Minn.; Wyatt Zietz, MInot.
Coaches — Jay Schneider (head), Devils Lake; Marty Hochhalter, Carrington; James Johnson, Des Lacs-Burlington; Tim Schaffer, Williams County.
11-man East — Justin Anderson, Langdon; Michael Bangs, Jamestown; Jake Bauman, Linton-HMB; Sam Callahan, Fargo South; Adam Coykendall, Lisbon; Jon Dinius, Langdon; Alex Feldt, Detroit Lakes, Minn.; Gerad Fugleberg, Fargo South; Tyler Gefroh, Red River; Mitch Grochow, Rugby; Jacob Grosz, Barnesville, Minn.; Jason Hagen, Oakes; Brett Harmelink, Oak Grove; Alex Hickel, Red River; Josh Hooey, Fargo South; Kyle Iverson, Wahpeton; Zac Johnson, Fargo South; Bryce Jorgenson, West Fargo; Cody Kasprick, Oakes; Derek Kohler, Valley City; Sean Mitterling, Wahpeton; Jacob Mogen, Central Cass; Ross Montgomery, West Fargo; Blake Nelson, North Prairie; Bryce O’Neill, Red River; Andrew Oppegard, Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton, Minn.; Nick Pfeifer, North Prairie; Jordan Piatz, Jamestown; Elby Pope, Red River; Trent Roemmich, Linton-HMB; Brandon Schell, Lisbon; Ger Schmidt, GF Central; Ryan Smith, Wahpeton; Cody Strom, Fargo North; Aaron Teigen, Rugby; Dillon Trosen, Cavalier; Cody Zarak, Wahpeton.
Coaches — Mike McCall (head), Wahpeton; Andy DelaBarre, Langdon; Sandy Laxdal, Cavalier; Vyrn Muir, Red River.

July 10th 4:00pm FargoDome
Stallng
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: 2010 North Dakota Shrine Bowl.

Postby Defender28 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:00 pm

why was a moorhead kid selected
Defender28
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:12 am

the shrine people of north dakota take their servives into north eastern minnesota... i know last years west team had 2 people from minnesota and i believe the one that was supposed to be on the east team decided not to come just before the game
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:37 am

I stopped reading names when I saw East grand forks...then had the same thought as the first response....why are minnesota kids playing in the North Dakota shrine game?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:27 pm

baseball wrote:I stopped reading names when I saw East grand forks...then had the same thought as the first response....why are minnesota kids playing in the North Dakota shrine game?

There are usually about 2 Minnesota kids per team. I'm not positive as to why they do that, but thats how it usually is.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby iluvit » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:57 am

West is loaded
iluvit
NDPreps Starter

Postby Defender28 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:56 pm

It is dumb they shouldnt be allowed in if they are from outside the state. I am from the west so it has minimal impact on me but i still say that it isnt right to call it the ND shrine bowl if it is MN and ND... if they want to get MN kids involved make a ND and MN game like that of the Badlands Bowl.
Defender28
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:38 pm

Defender28 wrote:It is dumb they shouldnt be allowed in if they are from outside the state. I am from the west so it has minimal impact on me but i still say that it isnt right to call it the ND shrine bowl if it is MN and ND... if they want to get MN kids involved make a ND and MN game like that of the Badlands Bowl.

Ummm.....they've been including MN kids for many, many years. Where have you been?
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Shriner » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:12 am

The Kem and El Zagal Shrine territories extend into Minnesota, to Bemidji for Kem and Detroit Lakes for El Zagal, and many members from both of the Shrine temples live in Minnesota. The bottom line about the Shrine Bowl is to provide funds for the Shrine Hospital, which offers free medical care for children. The football committees from both temples approached the coach's association several years ago to consider adding some players from Minnesota, primarily in order to gain more support and involvement from Kem and El Zagal members who were residents of Minnesota - thus to provide more funds for the hospital. That request came about partly because the temples are located in Fargo and Grand Forks, and there was not a great deal of support from Shriners in western North Dakota. The roster sizes for the Shrine Bowl were set at 25 (9 man) and 35 (11 man) years ago when the current game format was established. The roster size from North Dakota did not change, all that happened was to add three players from the Minnesota Shrine territories to each squad. It is called the North Dakota Shrine Bowl because the North Dakota High School Coaches Association administers the games (the director is not a Shriner) and the Kem and El Zagal temples sponsor (cover expenses) the event. The coach's association is in agreement with the arrangement for the addition of Minnesota players, and feels that it has added to the interest in the game and what it stands for.
Shriner
NDPreps Reserve

Postby goteam11 » Sun May 23, 2010 11:10 am

does anyone know if the Badlands bowl and Shrine bowl are played under North Dakota High School activities association rules? or montana rules? or college? thanks
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Return to AAA