Best line for the 2010 season

The teams in Class AAA

Best line for the 2010 season

Postby Smash » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:21 pm

Me being a fatty myself I am just wondering if there is any O or D line with a lot returning for next season
Smash
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Best line for the 2010 season

Postby tvogel47 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:59 am

bismarck high!
tvogel47
NDPreps Reserve

Postby iluvit » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:47 pm

Nick Nelson, Dan Daffinrud, Deon Paulson, and Tight End Mack Keller Offensive line

Leighton Talamadge, Nick Nelson, and Dexter Warner (started half the year) Defensive line

enough said
iluvit
NDPreps Starter

Postby iluvit » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:56 pm

Those are bismarck high player returning, by the way.
iluvit
NDPreps Starter

Postby joejack77 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:13 am

i give props to nelson and maybe deon, i dont think the other ones matter in my opinion. and nothing about centurys line. not very many leaving this year. they should be up there with bismarck for sure.
joejack77
NDPreps Reserve

Postby schmiddy101 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:45 pm

joejack77 wrote:i give props to nelson and maybe deon, i dont think the other ones matter in my opinion. and nothing about centurys line. not very many leaving this year. they should be up there with bismarck for sure.

so you dont think daffinrud or keller should not be getting so called "props"....they started as juniours blocked for the best back in the state(jake miller)....and channing mann alot....and on the defensive side nelly played both ways and leighton started the whole year at defensive end and werner will play more of a factor this year also along with eric mcdaniel bhs will dominate the trenches on both sides of the ball
schmiddy101
NDPreps Starter

Postby Smash » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:46 pm

joejack77 wrote:i give props to nelson and maybe deon, i dont think the other ones matter in my opinion. and nothing about centurys line. not very many leaving this year. they should be up there with bismarck for sure.

Joejack you are just saying century's line is as good as Bhs's because you go there
Smash
NDPreps Reserve

Postby schmiddy101 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:27 pm

Smash wrote:

Joejack you are just saying century's line is as good as Bhs's because you go there

definately
schmiddy101
NDPreps Starter

Postby joejack77 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:12 pm

ya i em saying that cuz i know these guys by playing against them and with them growing up. and i didnt say were better than theres or as good. i said we should be close. and im not trying to talk my team up. i just see all this bismarck talk and nothing really about anyone else. and mandans line should be good next year to. if they lift over the summer and i know some of them do cuz my cousin is there center.
joejack77
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Defender28 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:16 pm

BHS is not the best line in the state i was a little linebacker and fought through a double team that a mack keller and idk who the other person was at the time tried to put on me to get to jake and bring him down behind the line.

Joe does have a point though. Conrad Schwartzkopf has been a force on the century line since his freshman year. Aaron Perez has just gotten bigger and bigger, he is a great puller, strong at the point of attack, and can be nasty. Meyer Bohn initially started out his sophmore year as varsity gaurd and transitioned out to TE. He is the fastest guy but he is a much much better blocker and effective at the point of attack option then Mack will ever be. And then you have Joe. Joe Jackson is the big rotund guy of past he lost a significant chunk of flab during wrestling and gained muscle if he keeps gaining muscle it will be very interesting to watch. Cause he has the feet to hinge on the backside and hold any push in pass blocking and has a mean streak in the running game.

Century is the best line in the west... idk wat is in the east though
Defender28
NDPreps Starter

Postby iluvit » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:38 pm

Nick Nelson was voted by the coaches the best offensive and deffensive lineman last year, just think what he can do this year. Deon is a huge body at tackle and is a great blocker. Dan Daffinrud at center is faster 'then some of the kids at the skill positions and is good size for a center (5'10 230). And Mack is way better then Meyer, Mack is very versitle can block well and has good hands they just didnt need to use him, and for the new comers theres alot of people in the mix including Eric Mcdaniel, Jacob Bushaw, Casey Smart, and Seth Farsveet. But you fail to mention who else will be playing likes of luke hipel at center who is a bad football player, and by the looks of how the jv game went last year the other lineman will probably be bad as well. BHS had the best line last year and lose 2 guys hmmmmmmmmmmmm i dont see a need for debate
iluvit
NDPreps Starter

Postby goteam11 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:31 am

Defender28 wrote:BHS is not the best line in the state i was a little linebacker and fought through a double team that a mack keller and idk who the other person was at the time tried to put on me to get to jake and bring him down behind the line.

Joe does have a point though. Conrad Schwartzkopf has been a force on the century line since his freshman year. Aaron Perez has just gotten bigger and bigger, he is a great puller, strong at the point of attack, and can be nasty. Meyer Bohn initially started out his sophmore year as varsity gaurd and transitioned out to TE. He is the fastest guy but he is a much much better blocker and effective at the point of attack option then Mack will ever be. And then you have Joe. Joe Jackson is the big rotund guy of past he lost a significant chunk of flab during wrestling and gained muscle if he keeps gaining muscle it will be very interesting to watch. Cause he has the feet to hinge on the backside and hold any push in pass blocking and has a mean streak in the running game.

Century is the best line in the west... idk wat is in the east though

When did you play them? i'm not trying to put you down in any way, but im just curious whether it was towards the last half of the season? i think they started doing double teams with a receiver so that may have been the case. just wondering
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby Defender28 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:04 pm

i think it is the second game in WDA play. And it was definitely a TE cause i was walked on his inside shoulder and outside of tackle at that time.
HAHA if you really think Mack is better blocker then meyer you really need to watch film. Mack wiffed blocks all the time. Watch some film and you'll see that the only time he buried blocks was when some one was chipped or slowed so he could latch on better. Meyer was a GUARD before moving to TE and a good one at that. Mack is a better pass catcher yes but it is BEST LINE....hmmm wat does the line do... oh ya they block!
Defender28
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:37 pm

Defender28 wrote:i think it is the second game in WDA play. And it was definitely a TE cause i was walked on his inside shoulder and outside of tackle at that time.
HAHA if you really think Mack is better blocker then meyer you really need to watch film. Mack wiffed blocks all the time. Watch some film and you'll see that the only time he buried blocks was when some one was chipped or slowed so he could latch on better. Meyer was a GUARD before moving to TE and a good one at that. Mack is a better pass catcher yes but it is BEST LINE....hmmm wat does the line do... oh ya they block!

hmm defender your basing Mack Keller and whoever the offensive linemen was ( Likely Shawn Jenner because bhs's strong side of its line stays with its tight end), on that fact that you beat a double by them for a tackle for loss? hmm i beat qvale off the edge one time my senior year for a sack, he is at nebraksa now and i am at umary... but he must be bad and i must be better then him because I beat him one time even though he beasted me every other time. My point is that there is 50-60 plays on each side of the ball in any given football game, even the best players at their position that ND has ever seen (AKA BRENT QVALE) don't win every single time.
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby goteam11 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:16 pm

Defender28 wrote:i think it is the second game in WDA play. And it was definitely a TE cause i was walked on his inside shoulder and outside of tackle at that time.

haha defender28.. im pretty sure you play for century because of your posts, and looking at the roster.. are you cody willits? if you are.. id like to WATCH FILM of you getting knocked out cold at the mixer. Will you post it?
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby iluvit » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:48 pm

hahahaha i remember hearing about that
iluvit
NDPreps Starter

Postby goteam11 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:47 pm

iluvit wrote:hahahaha i remember hearing about that

haha yeah i was standing on the sideline next to some century kids and even they were like holy crap. i hope he posts it for everyone to see
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby Defender28 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:27 pm

Squeak then if you played against Qvale you know that he took plays off and didnt have the conditioning to play the full game. And kudos for that i dont think Andrew Munson had that much luck against him and he is playing DE now in college. Not D1 but all the same.
About time some one guessed who i was. And the video is out there i posted it i on photobucket for storage reason. Not really that great I was kinda hoping it was worth it but it really wasnt. Since it was a compounding of minor concussions from wrestling and what not that finally caught up but ya I am Willits.
Defender28
NDPreps Starter

Postby Defender28 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:32 pm

Offensive Line i am saying Century just has more experience and got the job down more efficently. BHS probably does have the better Defensive Line. Because I dont know who is filling in at century (weak class) and the rest of the WDA is pretty weak.
But i am sure the east will reload some huge linemen and that the best team and line will be in the east
Defender28
NDPreps Starter

Postby schmiddy101 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:00 pm

Defender28 wrote:Offensive Line i am saying Century just has more experience and got the job down more efficently. BHS probably does have the better Defensive Line. Because I dont know who is filling in at century (weak class) and the rest of the WDA is pretty weak.
But i am sure the east will reload some huge linemen and that the best team and line will be in the east

more experience i guess returing four starters from last year for a state championship team isnt a lot of experience and they were all there last year never missed a game...i believe century has conrad meyer joe jackson and aaron perez returning...but didnt they have a couple kids injured in the middle games there...oh and would you mind posting your link to that video
schmiddy101
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:23 pm

Defender28 wrote:Squeak then if you played against Qvale you know that he took plays off and didnt have the conditioning to play the full game. And kudos for that i dont think Andrew Munson had that much luck against him and he is playing DE now in college. Not D1 but all the same.
About time some one guessed who i was. And the video is out there i posted it i on photobucket for storage reason. Not really that great I was kinda hoping it was worth it but it really wasnt. Since it was a compounding of minor concussions from wrestling and what not that finally caught up but ya I am Willits.

which completely proves my point.... you seemed to base your opinion on mack keller off the fact that you beat a double team by him once... everyone takes plays off in high school football... unless you are someone who plays 5 - 10 plays a game... if you are getting 50+ snaps a game... you are going to end up takeing a play or 2 off during the game...
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby iluvit » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:53 pm

hahahaha i think you "Willits" just compared Munson and Qvale. And Munson was asked to walk on aka not good enough to get a scholorship for UND (Division 2). Qvale on the other hand got a scholorship for Nebraska (Division 1)
iluvit
NDPreps Starter

Postby Defender28 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:22 pm

Mack didnt play that many plays though. He should have been going full blast on every play to get more time. All i am saying is that Meyer is a better blocker then Mack but Mack is the better threat down field. Schmiddy who were they missing.

I am Willits you moron. I compared Squeak to Munson. And by the way Mines is D2 now. Munson got a scholarship down there too.
And Schmiddy I will try to find it if you see me in person some time i will get your number and burn you the video cause i have the mixer film along with all the other century games and some other random games from across the state from this last year
Defender28
NDPreps Starter

Postby sooner08 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:13 pm

i would have to say Fargo North with Chase Muhonen and Joe Swegarden are very good.. and Joe Swegarden as a junior made all-conference at DE
sooner08
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Kingnodoubt » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:57 pm

I'm willing to bet the Bismarck's line tears up pretty much everyone next year. North will be good as well. Century however will not be tearing up anyone. They have 2 talented players on the line and the other 3 are going to struggle. Notice the only people talking about centurys line go to century...
Kingnodoubt
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to AAA