Best QB's next year from East and West

The teams in Class AAA

Re: Best QB's next year from East and West

Postby billman100 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:46 pm

Steinwand rarly played quaterback last year, he is more of a reciever, running back, Max will be getting a majority, if not all the snaps this year in Minot.
billman100
NDPreps Reserve

Postby iluvit » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:46 pm

Oh yeah i forgot about max, he struggled at times last year but he will be very good for minot, and Isiah is will replace what Dante did last year, he's a very good player and athlete
iluvit
NDPreps Starter

Postby king markus » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:20 pm

the wentz baashing must stop. i personally have seen him at camps and he is recorded to be close to 6'5 and 205 pounds. though he looks skin and bones he is a very strong kid. but all must be proven next season. strength, hieght, and size mean little when you have 8 guys bearing down on you. lets see how he deals with the pressure before we bash him or make him a hero.
king markus
NDPreps Reserve

Postby iluvit » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:08 am

hahaha idk if he is 205 (he doesnt look like it at all) but he's not 6'5. you must realize chris rivinus and leighton talamadge are around 6'6, your telling me that he is an inch shorter hahahahahaha he is like 6'3 at the most. and i dont think anyone was bashing him, were just saying his height and weight, just cuz he's not like zach doesnt mean he is a bad football player. He is a very good athlete and quarterback. and just because your strong doesnt mean you weigh alot, wrestlers are an example those kids are very stong and dont weigh very much
iluvit
NDPreps Starter

Postby Caribou Lou » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:56 pm

Defender28 wrote:Omg i am messing up the age of so many ppl... i thought quite a few ppl were a year younger than me.
Bryce was could make plays if that is who the starter was. Anyone from the east know who is taking over for King in grand forks and where are him and elby pope going to school at next year?

Matt hanson is taking over for king at RR,
King is going to Bemidji State, pope is going to Umary. if you ask me neither will have a very good college career.
Caribou Lou
NDPreps Reserve

Postby purple_drank » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:54 am

the qb from north will be justis garrett, and the davies qb will be the kid who played JV for them last year, but i dont know his name
purple_drank
NDPreps Starter

Postby hotham&FOOTBALL » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:11 am

purple_drank wrote:the qb from north will be justis garrett, and the davies qb will be the kid who played JV for them last year, but i dont know his name

I thought Garrett played WR?
hotham&FOOTBALL
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Michigan12 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:50 pm

Jordan Lynch from the Jamestown Bluejays in my opinion is going to have a break out year. He is quick feet and can throw amazing. Do not be suprised if he puts his team on his back and suprises other teams and pulls off some upsets
Michigan12
NDPreps Starter

Postby 75ford » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:30 pm

purple_drank wrote:the qb from north will be justis garrett, and the davies qb will be the kid who played JV for them last year, but i dont know his name

The starting QB for Fargo Davies is a junior Matt Schumacher, he has some size and not really that quick but has some decent strength, but lacks the experience. He will continue to get better as the year goes along.
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby d-line63 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:13 am

As of the friday game against GFC, Coyle is mandans starting QB, He's capable of turning nullified plays into TD's with pure athleticism. Has a few good receiving targets and zinke at TE. Look for Coyle and Nadeau to continue fighting for the spot, in the meantime, I believe Nadeau is seeing time at db? fitting for his size, but he should still see some time tossing the rock...
It is what it is.
d-line63
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Indy5 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:53 pm

d-line63 wrote:As of the friday game against GFC, Coyle is mandans starting QB, He's capable of turning nullified plays into TD's with pure athleticism. Has a few good receiving targets and zinke at TE. Look for Coyle and Nadeau to continue fighting for the spot, in the meantime, I believe Nadeau is seeing time at db? fitting for his size, but he should still see some time tossing the rock...

Didn't Nadeau put up almost as good of stats as Hanson and Thorton last year?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby papabutch74 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:51 pm

Indy5 wrote:
d-line63 wrote:As of the friday game against GFC, Coyle is mandans starting QB, He's capable of turning nullified plays into TD's with pure athleticism. Has a few good receiving targets and zinke at TE. Look for Coyle and Nadeau to continue fighting for the spot, in the meantime, I believe Nadeau is seeing time at db? fitting for his size, but he should still see some time tossing the rock...

are you telling me youre compairing nadeau to thorton? thorton's probably the best quarterback in how many years that nd's seen in high school football? as well as bhs did not pass near that much last year.. if thorton wouldve thrown the ball more he wouldve blown every other quarterback in the state out of the water
papabutch74
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:00 pm

papabutch74 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

are you telling me youre compairing nadeau to thorton? thorton's probably the best quarterback in how many years that nd's seen in high school football? as well as bhs did not pass near that much last year.. if thorton wouldve thrown the ball more he wouldve blown every other quarterback in the state out of the water

I'm not comparing him to Thorton. I know Esley was up and away the best QB in ND last year. I was just asking if Nadeau had similar stats because I thought I had heard that. I don't follow AAA all that closely.

And if he did have similar stats, it would seem odd for him to be losing his job this season.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:56 pm

Devin worked hard and won the battle. He would have had 3 touchdowns in the first game of the season but two of them were dropped. Coyle is one of the 5 best quarterbacks in the state, and I would venture to say that Nadeau is as well. It is difficult to have 2 people play quarterback.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby d-line63 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:16 pm

I wouldnt compare Nadeau, or anyone else in the qb position this year to Thorton, but yes, If i recall correctly, Nadeau led the QB stats by quite a decent margin basically the entire season last year, Coyle just shows a better ability to adapt to situations and was more willing to put in time during the off-season. Plus the kid has great accuracy for the short and long pass...
It is what it is.
d-line63
NDPreps Rookie

Postby DSCP1 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:45 am

I really dont think you can say Coyle is one of the top 5 quarterbacks in the state right now, he struggled in both of his starts. And from my understanding because of his play he was taken out and Nadeau was put back in for the start
DSCP1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:25 pm

How can you say he struggled against GFC? I was not in Fargo so I can't comment on that game. I do not believe Nadeau has started this season so I am confused as to what you are attempting to say in your final sentence.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:09 pm

balla45 wrote:How can you say he struggled against GFC? I was not in Fargo so I can't comment on that game. I do not believe Nadeau has started this season so I am confused as to what you are attempting to say in your final sentence.

Maybe he means that he thinks Nadeau is starting this week.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby DSCP1 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:41 pm

He struggled against a very poor GFC team without there best player in Parks, because he went 4 - 10 with an interception and 0 touchdowns and to the Trey thing, i meant Coyle was replaced in the middle of the game by him i didnt mean to say he started, my fault
DSCP1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:13 pm

I see that you were not at the game against GFC. Devin had 1 touchdown, and would have had 3, but Janz dropped his first 2 would-be touchdowns.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wild Wolves » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:03 am

I got to the game late and Nadeu played the final 2 minutes and change. Looked comfortable and drove the team down for a score. I also noticed Coyle limping after a catch and then didn't return. any update?

seperate note: Neal and Larson are good athletes. And why didn't Boe play?
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby DSCP1 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:10 pm

But back to the topic, i think Neal from south is the best quarterback in the state and i dont think theres much else besides that, maybe the Ruff from West but besides that theres not much
DSCP1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fightingsioux » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

top 5 quarterbacks in the state are
1- Neal
the rest are in no order
Ruff
Coyle
Gibson
Wentz
fightingsioux
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DSCP1 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:17 pm

deffinatly i would agree, but i dont think either Coyle, Gibson, or wentz have shown there potential, Coyle went 4 -10 with an interception and was replaced the second game, Gibson went 3 - 12 with 2 interceptions (but went 4-4 wit a touchdown against a weak davies), and wentz who was 4-14 with 2 interceptions and i heard he was sidelined against century.

But if i had a choice it would be

Neal 1
Ruff 2
Gibson 3
wentz 4
coyle 5
DSCP1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:52 pm

By numbers, I find it hard to put Coyle at 5. Probably tied with Gibson at this point as Wentz struggled in his first outing and followed that up by getting hurt. Gibson had one game better than Coyle and one game worse so I would call those two even at 3rd at this point.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to AAA