Kevin Feeney off to Minnesota

The teams in Class AAA

Kevin Feeney off to Minnesota

Postby DSCP1 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:10 pm

Kevin Feeney, Fargo Souths ex football coach, has agreed to contiune his career to Moorhead High School! :shock: Wow............ Thoughts?
DSCP1
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Kevin Feeney off to Minnesota

Postby Home Run » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:11 pm

Here is what I posted in the Davies thread:

"Coach is too good to be making a lateral move at best. He is a great coach who should be moving to the metro in Minnesota if he is going to cross the border. Moorhead and outstate teams just can't compete against these big schools from the Metro. I must be in a bad mood tonight; sorry for the negativity in my posts. I just really wish Coach would stay and keep South football at or near the top each and every year.

Nevertheless I wish Coach well if his future does end up at Moorhead High School."
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:49 am

i am curious how has moorhead high school been over the years??? what class are they in in minnesota??? is he maybe trying to build another team to show how good of a coach he really is so he will be in line for a college job someday?
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Deuce » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:06 am

Chaning to a metro school would have much greater impact on his family than taking the job at Moorehead so maybe it was just time for a change and didn't want to have to uproot everything.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bruins44 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:04 pm

Deuce wrote:Chaning to a metro school would have much greater impact on his family than taking the job at Moorehead so maybe it was just time for a change and didn't want to have to uproot everything.

I agree, he wont have to move to another town, his wife wont have to find another job and his kids wont have to go to a new school, all positives! Moorhead will give Kevin a chance to develop a winner.
I dont think South will be a top ND team anymore because of the split with Davies, one of the big reasons he is leaving. I believe that Kevin would have stayed at South if it wasnt for the split South will go thru next year.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Home Run » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:19 pm

Here is the information on Moorhead football for the past 5 years:

2009 Season: 3 - 6 (Quarterfinal Loss)
2008 Season: 4 -6 (Semi-Final Loss)
2007 Season: 4 - 5 (Quarter-Final Loss)
2006 Season: 7 - 4 (Loss Section Finals)
2005 Season: 6 - 4 (Semi-Final Loss)

Overall 24 - 25 while playing in one of the weakest large (5A) school football programs in the state. To be honest, St. Cloud Tech is an okay football program while Brainerd has some bright spots, but in comparison to the Metro teams like Eden Prairie, Cretin Derham Hall, Rosemount, Wayzata; I just don't see a chance of state championship teams. I got to believe that Coach expects this. However, Coach is exactly that a great coach so perhaps he will work some "magic" and turn things around over there.
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby Home Run » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:21 pm

By expect this, I mean expects state championship style football. I reread my post which was written poorly. Sorry about that.
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby Home Run » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:31 pm

Okay, last post for awhile as I seem to be dominating the message board. However, I have a question which I can't believe hasn't been asked yet, "Who takes over for Coach now that he is gone?" Some serious big shoes to fill!
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby i am legend » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:46 pm

do you think that Davies has alot to do with this?
i am legend
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bruins44 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:22 pm

i am legend wrote:do you think that Davies has alot to do with this?

I think it had alot to do with it. I think Kevin would have left at some point but the Davies/South split made the move quicker.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby october23sp » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:03 pm

Kevin Feeney may be Absolutely uncalled for shot at a coach. You can take a vacation for a while. He realises he won't be as good with Davies around so he just leaves. At least his last game in ND will be a loss.
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

Postby Home Run » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:55 pm

Again, Coach Feeney. Great coach with a lot of class. I know many of you know this and agree so I wanted to put this up in regards to that last post. Totally uncalled for.
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby DSCP1 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:10 am

Idk about a lot of class but he is a great coach
DSCP1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Home Run » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:03 am

Good thing I do know then : )
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby schmiddy101 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:57 pm

Feeney can win with class (anyone can), but when he loses he has zero class.
schmiddy101
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:03 pm

if you ask me any coach who is used to winning like feeney is isn't going to be happy directly after a loss when they thought they were the better team, when you have had teams like feeney has had over the past 5-6 years you always think your the better team because you normally are especially in a big game... i don't know if i could name a coach who in the heat of the moment has never let their emotions get the best of them... i could name many instances where very well respected coaches in this state have let their emotions get the best of them after a loss and that just happens its nothing against the coach. i have gotten the chance to get to know coach feeney through the years from working camps and talking to him after games and when you get a chance to talk to him after his emotions have cooled off you learn that he is very humble and does have a lot of class
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Dawg245 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:21 am

Whenever I had a conversation with Coach Feeney, he was always a nice guy that showed a lot of respect.(usually after we got done losing to him is when i talked to him) I'm sure if my team were to beat his, he would still show respect. I don't know how anyone can bash him after what he's done for Fargo South.
Dawg245
NDPreps Starter

Postby Defender28 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:29 am

I hated playing Feeney teams he had some new wrinkle that wasnt on film and just prepared his kids to expect to win not to play to win but expect to win. I loved playing the Fargo South games cause they were the most competitive games of the year cause everyone wanted to knock them down cause they were on top for so long but like i said Feeney is a genius that can win. I think Davies had an affect cause his program was fragmenting but I still think South will be tough. It is a huge school there will always be talent to be had at a school of that size. I think the job at moorehead might possibly give him a sense of challenge and all athletes love to compete and overcome such obstacles. So ya his work is cut out but if anyone can get that school to be a force in 5A football Feeney could possibly be a perfect fit
Defender28
NDPreps Starter

Postby thecook » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:49 am

I don't expect him to stay at Moorhead high very long. i think he's just going to put his name out there in Minnesota and try and get a really well put coaching job.
thecook
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:07 pm

I wouldn't know for sure, but don't Minnesota schools have a higher pay scale for teachers also? I'm just saying.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:11 pm

NDSportsFan wrote:I wouldn't know for sure, but don't Minnesota schools have a higher pay scale for teachers also? I'm just saying.

It is higher in rural areas but Fargo and Moorhead are very similar. Benifits and retirement are good in Minnesota.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to AAA