Bismarck '10?

The teams in Class AAA

Re: Bismarck '10?

Postby tvogel47 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:46 pm

well I don't compare myself to winks or miky..and yea I've been working out and getting ready for next year we will have to work hard but I believe we will get it done.
tvogel47
NDPreps Reserve

Postby squeak63 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:49 pm

tvogel47 wrote:well I don't compare myself to winks or miky..and yea I've been working out and getting ready for next year we will have to work hard but I believe we will get it done.

thats perfectly fine, being cocky on a message board though is not sending a good message to YOUR team or the community, if i am a junior on your team by your statements i would have the idea in my head that next year is going to be a cake walk to a state championship which it is not going to be
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby iluvit » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:16 pm

I agree with squeak on that one. Come vogel your better then that and dont listen and dont listen to what this "goteam11" has to say all of his post on this topic have been nagative of coarse he's going to say something negative to you.
iluvit
NDPreps Starter

Postby goteam11 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:54 pm

iluvit wrote:I agree with squeak on that one. Come vogel your better then that and dont listen and dont listen to what this "goteam11" has to say all of his post on this topic have been nagative of coarse he's going to say something negative to you.

Im just stating my opinion. some of it is negative yes, but not all of it. Tvogel47 is bragging about how good he is, yet he is basically unproven. He didnt play at all as a sophmore, and didnt start till midway through his junior year. explain to me how you think he would have been all state if he started all year. who's spot would he have taken?
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby iluvit » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:42 pm

Okay thats fair what you say about vogel. But when I say your being negative I'm talking about every post that youve made on this topic saying Jordan klienjen has shaky hands and dakota being too small???? If you had any idea about those 2 statements you would know obviously Jordan is not the fastest guy ever, but the one thing he does have is hands. And as far as dakota goes, is alex deyle any bigger then dakota? There about the same size and alex started corner and played a lot of wide reciever. So it would be apperciated if you would stop being so bias against the 2010 class.
iluvit
NDPreps Starter

Postby goteam11 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:57 pm

iluvit wrote:Okay thats fair what you say about vogel. But when I say your being negative I'm talking about every post that youve made on this topic saying Jordan klienjen has shaky hands and dakota being too small???? If you had any idea about those 2 statements you would know obviously Jordan is not the fastest guy ever, but the one thing he does have is hands. And as far as dakota goes, is alex deyle any bigger then dakota? There about the same size and alex started corner and played a lot of wide reciever. So it would be apperciated if you would stop being so bias against the 2010 class.

I was saying he has shaky hands in response to schmiddy's post about him catching his one varsity pass.( which he bobbled and caught as he went to the ground)

also, deyle has about two inches on Dakota. deyle is also faster. i stated that dakota green could also play corner in an earlier post. If i am being bias against the 2010 class there is a reason, you just flat out can compare them to the 2009 class.
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby iluvit » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:04 am

Im assuming that you ment "cant compare" and you might be right. But would you not agree that matching what they did last year is a little extreme? I mean the 2009 team broke 8 school records in a school that has a history of great football teams!!! I mean we are talking about the great bismarck high and all its history and they broke 8 records. They are probably arguably the best team Bismarck has ever had (either them or the 2001 Demons). But it doesnt mean the Demons wont be one of the top if not the top team next year. It just seems like (I'm speaking in the future tense) whatever the '10 accomplishes it will always be compared to last years team and "wont be good enough" in the eyes of people like you, which isnt fair. I also never said Dakota will be better then Deyle, i said he is big enough to play corner or reciever and you said he wasnt. I really dont think 2 inches is that big of a deal.
iluvit
NDPreps Starter

Postby luvsports » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:02 am

I agree - comparing next year's team to the team from this year is not fair. Yes, this years seniors had a great year and accomplished some great things. Time to move on... this years junior class needs to stay motivated and work hard and push the underclassmen - continue the Demon tradition!
luvsports
NDPreps Starter

Postby goteam11 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:50 am

iluvit wrote:Im assuming that you ment "cant compare" and you might be right. But would you not agree that matching what they did last year is a little extreme? I mean the 2009 team broke 8 school records in a school that has a history of great football teams!!! I mean we are talking about the great bismarck high and all its history and they broke 8 records. They are probably arguably the best team Bismarck has ever had (either them or the 2001 Demons). But it doesnt mean the Demons wont be one of the top if not the top team next year. It just seems like (I'm speaking in the future tense) whatever the '10 accomplishes it will always be compared to last years team and "wont be good enough" in the eyes of people like you, which isnt fair. I also never said Dakota will be better then Deyle, i said he is big enough to play corner or reciever and you said he wasnt. I really dont think 2 inches is that big of a deal.

he probably will play corner next year. i do not think he will play receiver though ( played against him in practice, not so sure how he is as a receiver and if he could make an impact.)

Deyle is 2 inches taller, can jump higher, and has longer arms. all together that probably equals about a foot. that is a big difference.
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby DSCP1 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:27 pm

Alright welll after all this reciever agrument lets go back to quarterbacks, if you guys could i would like just the quarterback that you think it will be next year and maybe a reason why. And when i make my statements it will be on what has been said on this topic. First you have Tyson Gibson (A senior next year, coaches kid, played a little linebacker but not the whole year, has a strong arm, big in size when it comes to quarterbacks, and not extremely moblie.) Then you have Ben Joliffe (A shopmore, Im assuming the brother of Nick Joliffe or maybe a cousin, not a very strong arm, much smaller then Gibson, has potential to do what esley did, and a little bit more moblie then Gibson.) So whos it gonna be Ben or Tyson??????
DSCP1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby iluvit » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:14 pm

Easy choice Tyson Gibson
iluvit
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:04 pm

i am just a little curious to what bismarck's sophmore class for next year is going to be like. obviously ben is gonna end up being a good player some day and maybe even make an impact next year but what are the rest like... i know from visiting with the freshmen coaches they thought there were a couple of kids who were the real deal... i just dont know names positions size or anything for that matter i just know there are a couple of potential "studs" in that class
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby ThunderDMN » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:29 pm

Yes, there are. I just am not sure if any of them will be good enough to play varsity next year though. However, when that classes junior year comes around they should be could, and then of course the same for there senior year.
ThunderDMN
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fooballguy1 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:40 am

To answer your Question squeak. i do believe Ben Joliffe's class will be the next great BHS team. the upcoming sophmores for the demons are very good. they have alot of dedicated players that ive seen working out quiet often. of course they have joliffe but also a runningback, layne johs. this guy is a very built athlete. hes very strong and very fast. you will probably here of him this spring during track. another player is tyler unruh. hes 6'2 very fast and can jump. he plays WR. i was able to see one freshman game this year and they dominated. they had everything. linebackers are good. the O line is good and the secondary was good. i think when these sophmores mature a little more they will make the demons again a very surperior football team.
fooballguy1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ThunderDMN » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:46 pm

I would have to agree with that, i know that they have a bunch of kids who are very dedicated to the weight room and getting better. I think that might be as good as this years seniors, but that is to hard to tell for because no one knows how they are gonna develope. However, I also saw a couple of there games this year and was very impressed. I think they only lost one game to century, I was at that game and it was deffintly theres to win. So BHS was the better team.
ThunderDMN
NDPreps Reserve

Postby iluvit » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:48 pm

Not one sophmore will start next year, maybe Layne Johs as an outside linebacker but besides that not one will start.
iluvit
NDPreps Starter

Postby ThunderDMN » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:59 pm

or Tyler Unruh at a wide reciever but i doubt Layne Johs will start at an outside backer. plus next years junior class is good.
ThunderDMN
NDPreps Reserve

Postby iluvit » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:42 pm

No, not unruh at reciever. The kids a good basketball player but not football. He practiced with varsity for the playoffs last year and couldnt catch any of Tysons, Esleys, or even bens passes. Also average speed and cant run a route to save his life. It wasnt good and how are the juniors next year good??????? They lost to Century, Minot, Mandan, and tied Williston they have about 5 solid players (kip jangula, reed hendrickson, jared haug, dexter werner, and matt burquist) and thats it. The 2012 class will definatly have the help the '11 class as far as skill positions go but next year it will be mostly seniors starting besides some of the 5 juniors that i listed and maybe johs
iluvit
NDPreps Starter

Postby iluvit » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:47 pm

On my last post i meant to say "have to help the '11 class" instead of "have the help the '11 class". Another thing footballguy1 are you saying next year the demons wont be a superior team?
iluvit
NDPreps Starter

Postby o.g.mr.17_5 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:16 pm

I find these threads very funny coming from former lineman and kids who don't have a clue. For such a diehard bismarck fan and somebody who clearly knows the system in and out. What is Bismarck high and most high schools known for? Ohh i dont know having their underclassmen run the same offense and defensive packages as the varsity? Tyson Gibson will start guranteed. Gibson brought in the some spread looks because of Esley, and thats all the JV ran was the same exact stuff. Tyson is better than an average QB, however, his problem will be everybody will compare him to Esley it's not fair, but thats what will happen. Sure they will run the ball more like they did before Esley became quaterback. Guranteed they throw more than they did when they had other QB's in the system, some who remain nameless. Kleinjan will be fine, "he's not a spread receiver". I'm sure if he could make plays in JV games he will be fine next year. Some kids lift and just dont have the talent...I don't get why there is this hunch Joliffe will start. Basically offense stays the same, Tyson starts, and Bismarck should be a preseason number one. Let's face it the talent in North Dakota across the state is getting waterdowned.
o.g.mr.17_5
NDPreps Rookie

Postby NDSportsFan » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:58 am

o.g.mr.17_5 wrote: Let's face it the talent in North Dakota across the state is getting waterdowned.

Until population and enrollment number start to increase you could make that argument. Competition will bring out better players. Still for our size of state we have a lot to be proud of.

And Bismarck has the tradition and numbers to "reload" each year now. When high school teams develop a winning tradition it's easier to get people out, they want to associate with a winner. Schools that struggle have a harder time getting those kids who aren't sure if they want to play, to go out. Perhaps the best "motivational" speech I ever heard was by a teacher back in my small high school who met with all the male high school student and basically said that in the future you'll never remember all those great times you had in English class, or hanging out in study hall, but you'll remember almost everything about playing football, good or bad.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ThunderDMN » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:09 pm

iluvit wrote:No, not unruh at reciever. The kids a good basketball player but not football. He practiced with varsity for the playoffs last year and couldnt catch any of Tysons, Esleys, or even bens passes. Also average speed and cant run a route to save his life. It wasnt good and how are the juniors next year good??????? They lost to Century, Minot, Mandan, and tied Williston they have about 5 solid players (kip jangula, reed hendrickson, jared haug, dexter werner, and matt burquist) and thats it. The 2012 class will definatly have the help the '11 class as far as skill positions go but next year it will be mostly seniors starting besides some of the 5 juniors that i listed and maybe johs

iluvit, i ment to say that like this years junior class will be good meaning nexts years senior class. also Brett Gehring is pretty good.
ThunderDMN
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DemonMan3 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:00 pm

yes bhs should continue for the next years to be a pretty solid title contender, chaNning will be a great RB next year and they have help from underclassmen. bismarck has big shoes to fill in some positions, but so do a lot of other teams, and this next years team will get unfairly compared to this years team a lot. of course they will not be as dominant as this year, but they should still be the number one team in the state. im impressed with both their upcoming senior classes and upcoming junior class. i have heard things about there sophmore class and it will be interesting to see how the kids in that class develop, obviously if ben jolliffe gets some more size on him that sophmore class will have a Great qb just like this years senior class did with esley.
DemonMan3
NDPreps Rookie

Postby iluvit » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:44 pm

Agree with DemonMan3 and yeah i forgot about brett he's alright
iluvit
NDPreps Starter

Postby DemonMan3 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:03 pm

Also Tyler Unruh should not be talked about for being a Varsity starter at WR.
DemonMan3
NDPreps Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to AAA