Bismarck '10?

The teams in Class AAA

Re: Bismarck '10?

Postby goteam11 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:55 am

schmiddy101 wrote:I believe I am not going to change my point of view
first leighton is definately in shape enough to play both ways... He is also has more than average speed because he is a long strider.... Kleinjan is definately not slow he has average speed and is fast enough to play receiver oh and he has caught every ball that has been thrown to him in varsity action.... What other position do you think Dakota could play because at tailback we have Channing and Lange so the only place left is receiver he has solid hands I could see them throwing quick passes out to him and having him make 1 guy miss... Parker fisher this kid has speed average hands and isn't afraid to go over the middle and make a play and that comparison does nothing because as you can remember Kruger was used more on defense his sophmore year baumy had drop issues as in the state championship he dropped a ball early and never got another chance ploof was solid Johnson was used more on defense and hruby was used in like reverse pass situations like against minot in the semi-finals so I can agree with some of what you say
squeak how did I shoot myself in the foot I was just stating opinion about what I think...so please quit critisizing my opinion....and Channing won't need the ball that many times for bhs to be effective on offense and if they do get it to him that many times it can be in many ways like you do in the spread offense it will be the use of quick passses out to him or they will spread other teams out to run draws with Channing or Lange or run sweeps with them to get them in space so please quit criticizing my opinion and let me think about what I think bhs will do next year on offense because isnt this site for peoples opinions on different things and this is my opinion

oh dang schmiddy, you got me. Kleinjan did catch the 1 ball that was thrown to him in varsity action, my bad.

How can you say that Fischer isn't afraid to go over the middle and make a play? He hasnt been thrown to in a varsity game, especially over the middle. (varsity is ALOT different than JV, sophmore, or freshman.)

Dakota Green could play cornerback.

By saying Leighton has more than average speed... are you saying that he is fast? the kid plays Defensive end for gods sake.. how fast can he be?
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby schmiddy101 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:17 am

You can't compare esley to joliffe when esley was a sophmore because esley had some varsity experience as a freshman because in the state championship the year before esley got key reps on defense when Johnson got hurt
schmiddy101
NDPreps Starter

Postby fooballguy1 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:17 pm

Wow schmiddy are you really saying joliffe cant compare to esley becuase esley as a freshman had key DEFENSE varstiy reps? i mean come on. yeah i mean it is varsity play. i will give you that but if that is your reason joliffe cannot compare with esley becuase esley as a freshman had a small amount of reps on defense. now if you were talking a bout OFFENSE you may be correct but your not.
fooballguy1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby schmiddy101 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:41 pm

goteam11 wrote:
schmiddy101 wrote:I believe I am not going to change my point of view
first leighton is definately in shape enough to play both ways... He is also has more than average speed because he is a long strider.... Kleinjan is definately not slow he has average speed and is fast enough to play receiver oh and he has caught every ball that has been thrown to him in varsity action.... What other position do you think Dakota could play because at tailback we have Channing and Lange so the only place left is receiver he has solid hands I could see them throwing quick passes out to him and having him make 1 guy miss... Parker fisher this kid has speed average hands and isn't afraid to go over the middle and make a play and that comparison does nothing because as you can remember Kruger was used more on defense his sophmore year baumy had drop issues as in the state championship he dropped a ball early and never got another chance ploof was solid Johnson was used more on defense and hruby was used in like reverse pass situations like against minot in the semi-finals so I can agree with some of what you say
squeak how did I shoot myself in the foot I was just stating opinion about what I think...so please quit critisizing my opinion....and Channing won't need the ball that many times for bhs to be effective on offense and if they do get it to him that many times it can be in many ways like you do in the spread offense it will be the use of quick passses out to him or they will spread other teams out to run draws with Channing or Lange or run sweeps with them to get them in space so please quit criticizing my opinion and let me think about what I think bhs will do next year on offense because isnt this site for peoples opinions on different things and this is my opinion

oh dang schmiddy, you got me. Kleinjan did catch the 1 ball that was thrown to him in varsity action, my bad.

How can you say that Fischer isn't afraid to go over the middle and make a play? He hasnt been thrown to in a varsity game, especially over the middle. (varsity is ALOT different than JV, sophmore, or freshman.)

Dakota Green could play cornerback.

By saying Leighton has more than average speed... are you saying that he is fast? the kid plays Defensive end for gods sake.. how fast can he be?

so where is all of your comments about 2007 at because i guess you cant say anything else about it because i was right about everything i said...jordan kleinjan since he only has 1 catch is the only returning receiver with a varsity catch...dakota green i was thinking the topic of offense not defense so that ios why i mentioned his name at receiver...and yes jv ball is different then varsity ball nd if he did it in jv he will more than likely do the same thing in varsity... and how isnt leighton fast he got to the quarterbac the fastest of the d-lineman this year besides maybe skye who came off the edge every play with usually no one in his way ...and yes he is fast because he is a longnstrider and takes half the strides it would take a 5 11" kid to do which you could say will be the average size of a cornerback...

fooballguy1 wrote:Wow schmiddy are you really saying joliffe cant compare to esley becuase esley as a freshman had key DEFENSE varstiy reps? i mean come on. yeah i mean it is varsity play. i will give you that but if that is your reason joliffe cannot compare with esley becuase esley as a freshman had a small amount of reps on defense. now if you were talking a bout OFFENSE you may be correct but your not.

and yes i made that comparison because when esley was a freshman he played quarterback for sophmore jv and backed up for varsity so yes he did have a lot of experience playing quarterback and that showed the coaches that they needed to get their atheletes on the field and they did that when they put him in as a freshman in the state championship game and yes i made that comparison
schmiddy101
NDPreps Starter

Postby fooballguy1 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:16 pm

Joliffe played sophomore ball this year and from what i heard he did very well at that level. The reason joliffe didnt play jv is becuase they had gibson a junior of course. look at who was in front of esley compared to joliffe. esley didnt have a back to back state championship class in front of him. im not saying joliffe is as good as esley when esley was a sohpmore cuz he probably isnt but not many people no this but esley didnt start playing quarterback until a freshman. i have a feeling joliffe will come next year a very much improved player.
fooballguy1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby schmiddy101 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:59 pm

fooballguy1 wrote:Joliffe played sophomore ball this year and from what i heard he did very well at that level. The reason joliffe didnt play jv is becuase they had gibson a junior of course. look at who was in front of esley compared to joliffe. esley didnt have a back to back state championship class in front of him. im not saying joliffe is as good as esley when esley was a sohpmore cuz he probably isnt but not many people no this but esley didnt start playing quarterback until a freshman. i have a feeling joliffe will come next year a very much improved player.

that is your opinion and im not going to disagree with your opinion i was just trying to make a point
schmiddy101
NDPreps Starter

Postby Deuce » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:01 am

If Gibson wasn't planning on playing his son his senior year, Tyson would already be playing another position. Head coaches don't usually groom their kids to ride the pine. What other position would or does he play?
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fooballguy1 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:24 am

Linebacker.
fooballguy1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby schmiddy101 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:28 am

Deuce wrote:If Gibson wasn't planning on playing his son his senior year, Tyson would already be playing another position. Head coaches don't usually groom their kids to ride the pine. What other position would or does he play?

He would play linebacker on defense and that's about it and I'm not sure that he would do anything on offense
schmiddy101
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:54 pm

fooballguy1 wrote:Joliffe played sophomore ball this year and from what i heard he did very well at that level. The reason joliffe didnt play jv is becuase they had gibson a junior of course. look at who was in front of esley compared to joliffe. esley didnt have a back to back state championship class in front of him. im not saying joliffe is as good as esley when esley was a sohpmore cuz he probably isnt but not many people no this but esley didnt start playing quarterback until a freshman. i have a feeling joliffe will come next year a very much improved player.

i like this point...never really thought about it but when you do look at what esley had infront of him at quarterback when he was a freshmen... bhs's backup quarterback when he was a freshmen was johnson... there is no doubt in my mind that if bhs starter went down esleys freshmen year would have johnson not esley... now who else does that leave to start in the JV games??? the 08 classes quarterback was johnson and hasuar (both were starting vasity players at different positions), the 09 classes starting quarterback was jacobson who quit his sophmore year along with all but 12 sophmores, so that leaves you to drop to the 10 class where esley was the obvious choice... keep in mind esley also started every sophmore game his freshmen year much like joliffe did... and also i am willing to guess that joliffe got plenty of JV reps last year being that there JV team blew away every team they played much like their varisty team did, reps are reps and all in all Joliffe likely got more game reps at quarterback last year than tyson did... agree to disagree
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby schmiddy101 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:53 pm

Joliffe got one series on jv throughtout all 3 of the jv games (which he didn't do to well I believe he got sacked after a bad snap) and he got 1 varsity series where he took a couple kneel downs... that is definately not a lot of experience on jv but he got a lot on sophmore
schmiddy101
NDPreps Starter

Postby Snapalopes » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:46 pm

haha okay, if smiddy is aaron schmidt you are clueless aaron, okay all the recievers you named, are not as good as you say they are, kleinjan is not strong enough and to lazy, dakota green. = not good. and dwayne liggens will be the best reciever on the team, with some good coaching, which im sure kolsrud will give him. okay so we have dwayne being a dominate reciever with some work. and then we have devin schirado if he plays, a junior. also the sophmore class will have recievers that will get time. such as tyler unruh should get some time at reciever also.

This time the post was edited for name calling. Next time deleted.
Snapalopes
NDPreps Reserve

Postby schmiddy101 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:39 am

wow this isnt aaron schmidt why would anyone want to be that kid.......wow okay kid i never said parker was cool and yeah i bet he is playing next year...kleinjan is definately not lazy....dakota green will be an alright receiver he will get playing time and they will use his speed....dewayne liggins will be a good receiver but if he will be able to use his athletic ability..and get him to learn all the plays...but he could also be a valuable tool on defense at cornerback......devin i bet wont play because he will play basketball....and i bet unruh plays nothing more than possibly jv.....and i bet this aaron schmidt creature doesnt even know anything about what north dakota preps is
schmiddy101
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:04 am

schmiddy everyone knows who you are just like everyone knows who i am ... you don't have to hide behind your name anymore...if you didn't want people to know who you were you shouldn't have made your name so obvious
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby ThunderDMN » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:13 am

also parker fisher is not even playing next year, so there goes that aaron.
ThunderDMN
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tvogel47 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:02 pm

okay serious guys grow up, Bismarck will be a top team next year and who care who is at qb. it takes more than a qb to win!
tvogel47
NDPreps Reserve

Postby iluvit » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:56 pm

Okay Im gonna put an end to this all first parker is playing i no him personally he told me hes playing next year. Secondly Ben doesnt compare to esley you have to realize you all r assuming he will be 165 pounds or whatever (thats still undersized but playable) he might not gain 25 pounds over the summer. Elsey was about 175-180 when he took the job, some of the reason why he got the job is because tyler johnson was all state saftey the past year and they wanted to keep him there. Tyson started one game at linebacker so how is he an accomplished linebacker???? They have other people that can fill that spot probably just as well as Tyson could. Tyson is starting at quarterback no if ands or buts about it. He has better arm strength, knows the offense more, and will be the leader of the Demons in 2010. Jordan Klienjen will be the the main reciever kind of like what nick jolifee was last year. Also people like Dakota Green, Dewayne Liggens, Leighton Talamagde, Nathan Diectert, and maybe Parker but probably not. Also Devin sharado is smaller then jordan is, so who ever mentioned that Jordan wasnt big enough to play but devin is. That just being foolish, come on now. For the offense, I dont know if they will keep the same stuff, i think they will only because the reason the Demons were so good last year (yeah the had amazing talent and all) is because that all the different formations and plays Coach Gibson threw at other teams made them respect both the run and the pass and they didnt know what was coming. And squeak times have changed now more and more teams are running spread and not just handing the ball of 30 or 40 times a game. Channing is deffinatly going to be the face of Bismarck High Football. Im not saying they will throw the ball just as much times as they'll run it but they'll keep the spread offense, they just wont run it as much as the '09 team did.
iluvit
NDPreps Starter

Postby tvogel47 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:21 am

I don't know where they got ban from. for one he is to small, he will get killed.
tvogel47
NDPreps Reserve

Postby squeak63 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:04 am

iluvit wrote:Okay Im gonna put an end to this all first parker is playing i no him personally he told me hes playing next year. Secondly Ben doesnt compare to esley you have to realize you all r assuming he will be 165 pounds or whatever (thats still undersized but playable) he might not gain 25 pounds over the summer. Elsey was about 175-180 when he took the job, some of the reason why he got the job is because tyler johnson was all state saftey the past year and they wanted to keep him there. Tyson started one game at linebacker so how is he an accomplished linebacker???? They have other people that can fill that spot probably just as well as Tyson could. Tyson is starting at quarterback no if ands or buts about it. He has better arm strength, knows the offense more, and will be the leader of the Demons in 2010. Jordan Klienjen will be the the main reciever kind of like what nick jolifee was last year. Also people like Dakota Green, Dewayne Liggens, Leighton Talamagde, Nathan Diectert, and maybe Parker but probably not. Also Devin sharado is smaller then jordan is, so who ever mentioned that Jordan wasnt big enough to play but devin is. That just being foolish, come on now. For the offense, I dont know if they will keep the same stuff, i think they will only because the reason the Demons were so good last year (yeah the had amazing talent and all) is because that all the different formations and plays Coach Gibson threw at other teams made them respect both the run and the pass and they didnt know what was coming. And squeak times have changed now more and more teams are running spread and not just handing the ball of 30 or 40 times a game. Channing is deffinatly going to be the face of Bismarck High Football. Im not saying they will throw the ball just as much times as they'll run it but they'll keep the spread offense, they just wont run it as much as the '09 team did.

the type of offense you run largly has to do with who you have playing for you...take williston for example so were not only talking about bismarck... williston had a I back style formation untill the 2008 season... i can remember the playing in the 06 season when williston's line would just plain old beat up on people... they were big physical and could get tons of push... they just didn't have a good enough defense to let there offense keep them in the game... then in 08 guys like hanson, skadland, egge, oyloe, jorgenson, qvale(even though qvale had been playing since he was in the 4th grade or somethin like that) rolled along... there interior linemen werent big and weren't physical, so what would you as a coach do if you had a quarterback like hanson, awesome skill players, and 2 of the top 5 (probably the 2 best) tackles in the state? seems like an easy choice to me. i agree with the fact that teams have to adjust and i am not saying that the spread offense and some of the things bhs did last year completly wont be there (maybe schmiddy has changed my opinion on that somewhat) but when i look at bhs's offense i see the best running back in the state, 3 of 5 returning offensive linemen ( 2 of which are much better at run blocking then pass blocking), a tight end, and a full back that has proven himself to be a very good linebacker which if you take bhs's last 3 fullbacks , samualson, ingmenson, and winkles, that equation works out pretty well. every other position on the offensive side of the ball is completly unproven thats why i believe bhs is going to have more of a conservitive run to set up the pass offense, rather then a pass to set up the run offense. i also have never tried to imply that bhs would go back to the good old days of derek Kinnischtzke, and weston dressler styles of football where they ran 40 times a game, i think they will go back to the style of offense that they had in 08, that in mind if here is my official opinion on quarterback, if you stay with the spread offense you had last year you start tyson, if you go back to the type of offense you had in 08 you start ben. Thats just my opinion it'll probably end up being wrong.
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:35 am

and i would also like to put in my 2 cents on tvogel47, if you are who your name implys that you are be humble man, you were blessed with a great senior class to learn from last year and now its your turn to TAKE the reighns and be the leader of this football team, they will not just be handed over to you, you need to take them, if tvogel47 is not tyler vogel then let it be known on this site or change your name because you are really making your friend look bad
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby tvogel47 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:46 pm

yes i know this and i think you should shut up and stop talkin about our qb, he will do fine and yeah i took the starting job away from a senior so we are a good junior class!
tvogel47
NDPreps Reserve

Postby goteam11 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:08 pm

tvogel47 wrote:yes i know this and i think you should shut up and stop talkin about our qb, he will do fine and yeah i took the starting job away from a senior so we are a good junior class!

haha wow vogel. you sure are cocky. were you all state last year? all region? if not, stop talking how "good" you are. your not gonna try and compare your class to last years senior class are you?
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby tvogel47 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:01 pm

okay well if I would have started all of the games yes I would of and yes I am cocky and I can be....so let's not say our junior class is junk because we have nelly me of channing dion dano and mack...
tvogel47
NDPreps Reserve

Postby squeak63 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:12 pm

tvogel47 wrote:yes i know this and i think you should shut up and stop talkin about our qb, he will do fine and yeah i took the starting job away from a senior so we are a good junior class!

ok vogel, if this is actually vogel which i am not conviced it actually is yet, you took a starting job away from a senior, you are likely the best player on your defense, your quaterback will do fine next year whoever it ends up being, you are going to be a 2 way starter for the preseason favorite next year, you will probably be a team captain, you will likely have a good enough team to run the table next year, let me give you a little history, my senior year i thought those very same things, then we lost to west fargo... i believe you were there so you remember how we played that game, we played like it was all just going to be handed to us on a silver platter, let me tell you what i learned from that game, be humble but also be confident and work hard because its not all going to be easy, but i guess you are the leader now you are the captain so it is your choice to decide where you want your team to be next year,
just for the record whoever ends up starting at quarterback i think will be just fine its just a question of who it will be, and i don't think you realize that in my post i was trying to talk to up... putting your name in with people like samuelson, ingmenson, and winkles is regarding someone pretty highly
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:14 pm

tvogel47 wrote:okay well if I would have started all of the games yes I would of and yes I am cocky and I can be....so let's not say our junior class is junk because we have nelly me of channing dion dano and mack...

nobody every said your junior class was junk... i believe i noted every player you just stated in my ragards to what bismarck high is going to have next year
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to AAA