Bismarck '10?

The teams in Class AAA

Re: Bismarck '10?

Postby DemoNation » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:34 pm

DemonMan3 wrote:Also Tyler Unruh should not be talked about for being a Varsity starter at WR.

I agree with this. I know the upcoming sophmore class and Unruh is a better safety then he is WR. However that does not mean he will start at safety. To tell you the truth I will be surprised if he even gets JV time. The star of the freshmen team was Layne Johs, who is a fast hard running RB. He will get JV time and he and Ben Jolliffe will be the studs of the class. Layne might however get a little too big for a RB as he gets older.
DemoNation
NDPreps Rookie

Postby iluvit » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:16 pm

I agree with that but he'll most likely start JV at wideout but maybe not Jaxon Fitterer should start J.V. saftey and wideout and besides him they dont have much. (and i forgot fitterer as well as far as the "good" juniors go)
iluvit
NDPreps Starter

Postby DSCP1 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:39 pm

Who all started last year that will be coming back this year, how do those kids look???
DSCP1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby papabutch74 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:12 pm

Ok kleinjan does have good hands. But not that varsity experience there's very few receivers that have the experience dakota greens very agile but lacks size. Channing could play wideout. He can burn by anyone. Dillon Lange at halfback and Kip at fullback and Tyson at qb. Not nearly as much throwing. About 85% running I'd say like before esley
papabutch74
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:10 pm

IMO channing and dillon will be used next year like jake and channing were this year
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby sendempackin » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:41 pm

i personally know layne johs will be the best running back in the state
sendempackin
NDPreps Reserve

Postby squeak63 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:49 pm

sendempackin wrote:i personally know layne johs will be the best running back in the state

its gonna be hard for him to be the best running back in the state when he has 2 guys who are better then him on the same team as him
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby iluvit » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:23 pm

hahaha agree with squeak
iluvit
NDPreps Starter

Postby schmiddy101 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:06 pm

sendempackin wrote:i personally know layne johs will be the best running back in the state

Send em packin do you have any idea about what your talkin about...the only way johs will get in is if bhs is blowing out teams...have you seen any of the bhs games he didn't even get any reps at all when they were beating Williston by 63 and he still never got in...and l bet he will get very few reps at tailback this year because of Channing and Dillon.....so you pretty much have no idea what your talkin about and plus channning was one of the best backs in the west last year.... after Jake so I'm pretty sure johs will have to be pretty amazing to be better than Channing.....which you can't judge by freshman stats so you can't bring up his freshman stats...once he gets into varsity action in 2 years (when he is a junior) we will see but if your talkin about this next year(which you probably are) he will not be the best back in the state
schmiddy101
NDPreps Starter

Postby iluvit » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:08 pm

Back to things that matter, i believe BHS will win it all next year, limeman are the single most important pieces to a football team, having other guys is just an excessory (i probably spelled that wrong) and BHS has 4 out of the 6 guys coming back (Tight end) and a great running game. And Tyson as their quarterback, I believe Bismarck High will go undefeted once again.
iluvit
NDPreps Starter

Postby purple_drank » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:44 am

Does anyone know the schedule for next year?
purple_drank
NDPreps Starter

Postby crazymonkey2 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:25 pm

iluvit wrote:Back to things that matter, i believe BHS will win it all next year, limeman are the single most important pieces to a football team, having other guys is just an excessory (i probably spelled that wrong) and BHS has 4 out of the 6 guys coming back (Tight end) and a great running game. And Tyson as their quarterback, I believe Bismarck High will go undefeted once again.

I doubt it the QB is one of the most important players and Tyson needs to prove himself to give BHS a chance to take state
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed
--Michael Jordan
crazymonkey2
NDPreps Reserve

Postby iluvit » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:50 pm

A quarterback is not more important then lineman, which would you rather have a decent quarterback with all day to throw or a great quarterback with a bad line? For example would you take tre nadeu with BHS line or Esley with mandans line? Garuntee tre nadue with BHS line will win every time! A great quarterback cant show his skills without time to throw. And I agree he needs to prove himself but you dont need an outstanding athletes to win state, you do need a good line to win state. And that is why Bismarck and South are good every year because they can block.
iluvit
NDPreps Starter

Postby schmiddy101 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:01 pm

all we know is that tyson will have a tough job replacing the AAA senior athlete of the year and the gatorade player of the year
schmiddy101
NDPreps Starter

Postby iluvit » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:54 pm

yes he will, thats kinda obvious schimmdy
iluvit
NDPreps Starter

Postby DSCP1 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:09 pm

And to top it all of his dad is the head coach, at least thats what i saw earlier in this post, is that even true or were people just asuming
DSCP1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby schmiddy101 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:49 am

iluvit wrote:yes he will, thats kinda obvious schimmdy

well no one has said it so I thought I would mention it

DSCP1 wrote:And to top it all of his dad is the head coach, at least thats what i saw earlier in this post, is that even true or were people just asuming

and yes his dad is the head coach
schmiddy101
NDPreps Starter

Postby oldcoach2 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:29 am

Bismarck will be in the hunt next year, returning running game, strong work ethic @ QB and great line.
D might be the ? mark.
But BHS always finds a way. I would bet that they are in the title bout the next 4 to 5 yrs alot of talent coming at BHS. the question will be if the the coaches can put the kids in the right places to be sucessful. BHS tends to play alot of kids both ways and that could hurt them in the long run
oldcoach2
NDPreps Reserve

Postby goteam11 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:53 am

oldcoach2 wrote:Bismarck will be in the hunt next year, returning running game, strong work ethic @ QB and great line.
D might be the ? mark.
But BHS always finds a way. I would bet that they are in the title bout the next 4 to 5 yrs alot of talent coming at BHS. the question will be if the the coaches can put the kids in the right places to be sucessful. BHS tends to play alot of kids both ways and that could hurt them in the long run

in the playoffs bhs played thornton, miller, winkels, krueger, jolliffe, and deyle both ways and still easily on the championship. Coach Gibson knows when and when not to play certain players. they will be fine.
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby oldcoach2 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:17 pm

I agree that Gibson is a good coach

BUT it will be a long time before BHS has the level of talent that they had this year, they will need to spread the work load in order to continue their success

That is what I meant when refering to playing both ways, that will mean developing more kids for given positions
oldcoach2
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to AAA