Fargo Davies

The teams in Class AAA

Fargo Davies

Postby Tex » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:25 am

Any guess on who might be in the running for the head coaching job?
Tex
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Fargo Davies

Postby squeak63 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:50 am

this is just what i have heard through roomers so it could be true and it could be false... i have heard that feeney want's to coach there... now like i said this could be false because i can't figure out why he would want to
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Tex » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:20 pm

It makes sense, most of the ball players at South live in the area that will become Fargo Davies. Is there anyone on his staff that might try to get the job? It will be interesting to see who applies.
Tex
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Home Run » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:43 pm

Props to Coach Feeney as his name wasn't one of the list of candidates at Davies High School. It sounds like he is going to stick with his South program and keep it strong. Fargo South football will stay on the map due to this news heard today.
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:08 am

i guess the rumor mills were wrong
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby bruins44 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:28 pm

Home Run wrote:Props to Coach Feeney as his name wasn't one of the list of candidates at Davies High School. It sounds like he is going to stick with his South program and keep it strong. Fargo South football will stay on the map due to this news heard today.

I would not be too sure that Feeney will stay at South... stay tuned
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Home Run » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:05 pm

Bruins44,

Was Coach Feeney a late applicant who wasn't included in the list released by the Fargo Forum? No sarcasm, but you are usually in the know so I am curious to what you "know".

Thanks for any additional light that you are willing to shed on the subject.
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby bruins44 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:19 pm

No Kevin did not apply for the Davies job...
Lets just say that there are a few opportunities he is looking at. Kevin is too good of a coach and too young to quit coaching but he also is a competitor and wants to win, with that being said South might not give him that chance. College might be in his future or another H.S. We will see. Thats all I can say
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Home Run » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:45 am

Thanks Bruins44. I agree that he is an outstanding coach. I appreciate the information and your ability to keep us informed within reason. Of course, I will be watching to see how this whole thing plays out as I agree that he is an outstanding coach to say the least.
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby Home Run » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:29 pm

Okay, I know I should be respecting privacy and wait like everyone else, but do you think that Coach Feeney may have a collegiate job lined up at Moorhead State or possilby even NDSU? I know this is a big jump from high school, but if anyone can make this type of leap/splash it would be him. Again, my speculation is not meant to ruffle any feathers, but "curiousity killed the cat" which it might do to me with some posters in this post.
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby MARKWALD23 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:15 pm

Fargo Davies on Tuesday announced the hiring of Fargo South assistant Jason Thielges as its head football coach. I got this from Inforum.com
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wild Wolves » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:44 pm

Is this JO Thiegles from Enderlin?
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:46 pm

Wild Wolves wrote:Is this JO Thiegles from Enderlin?

Yes it is...
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bruins44 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:16 pm

This was just posted at IN-Forum.com
Kevin Feeney will be the next head football coach at Moorhead High School, according to sources close to the situation.

Feeney has been the head coach at Fargo South for the last six seasons. He posted a 64-8 record over that span and appeared in six state championship games, winning three titles.

Feeney will replace Rick Eidness, who was 30-29 in six seasons with the Spuds.

Neither Feeney nor Moorhead activities director Don Hulbert would confirm or deny the report, but the Spuds are planning a press conference Tuesday afternoon.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Home Run » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:32 pm

Bruins 44,

I certainly hope this isn't the move that you were referring to in an earlier post. Coach is too good to be making a lateral move at best. He is a great coach who should be moving to the metro in Minnesota if he is going to cross the border. Moorhead and outstate teams just can't compete against these big schools from the Metro. I must be in a bad mood tonight; sorry for the negativity in my posts. I just really wish Coach would stay and keep South football at or near the top each and every year.

Nevertheless I wish Coach well if his future does end up at Moorhead High School.
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wild Wolves » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:24 am

I would not look at this as a lateral move. He will be the only show in town as far as HS FB goes. He will have an opportunity to compete for conference championships and to make some waves at the state level every year. The spuds will improve quickly and they will be a dominate team in MN within the next 5 years. I would hardly call it a lateral move. Moorehead State job would have been a step back. Sorry Dragons fans. In HS you can build a program that feeds itself, in college you have to go get talent.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Riders00 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:08 pm

No offense, but because he won 3 out of 6 State championships at the biggest school in North Dakota you think he will make a team that has had three straight losing seasons dominate in Minnesota 5A? Minnesota 5A has some real talent, guys like Michael Floyd, Broderick Binns, Seantral Henderson...NFL players like John Carlson, Ryan Harris, Trevor Laws (all Notre Dame alumni from the same class actually). I really doubt Moorhead State is gonna be competing with Eden Prarie or Cretin anytime soon.

And lets get real, it's Fargo-Moorhead, he won't even be moving to take the job.
Riders00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DSCP1 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:29 pm

THis is a little of what was just posted but does anyone know how the slipt between davies and south will work and if the 2 junior quarterbacks for south last year will split? Meaning one will go to davies and the other go to south
DSCP1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:32 pm

No because ALL of the seniors will play for South...Davies will have varsity with juniors, sophs, and freshmen.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby DSCP1 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:13 pm

Oh alright thanks
DSCP1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby purple_drank » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:41 pm

Davies won't be good next year, they will have all juniors. Both South's QB's (larson and neal) both HAVE TO stay at South
purple_drank
NDPreps Starter

Postby DSCP1 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:09 pm

whos gonna be davies quarterback?
DSCP1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby purple_drank » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:21 am

DSCP1 wrote:whos gonna be davies quarterback?

You would have to find out who played QB for their JV team last year, if anyone knows that
purple_drank
NDPreps Starter

Postby DSCP1 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:19 pm

does anyone know that? lol
DSCP1
NDPreps Reserve

Return to AAA