NDPreps Starter

Re: AAA Playoff Picture

Postby Caribou Lou » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:55 pm

obviously High and south win, minot, and century also
Caribou Lou
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wild Wolves » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:08 pm

Have all of these teams already played except CHS and RR?
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Jarudy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:32 pm

Bismarck
West Fargo
South
Century

South/Century game could be a good one
Jarudy
NDPreps Starter

Postby papabutch74 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:28 am

Wild Wolves wrote:Have all of these teams already played except CHS and RR?

chs and red river played early this season didnt they?
papabutch74
NDPreps Starter

Postby goteam11 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:00 pm

papabutch74 wrote:
Wild Wolves wrote:Have all of these teams already played except CHS and RR?

chs and red river played early this season didnt they?

no they have not. their preseason games were against south, north, west, and jamestown.
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:47 am

I can see Bismarck/Century for the state title, why don't they just move the title game back to Bismarck this year...
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby SouthPlaya72 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:57 am

because who wants to play in the cold weather...think before you talk and south pretty much destroyed century in the first game of the year and they have gotta so much better the second half of the season on offense and D. So once again for the third straight year south and BHS in the ship
SouthPlaya72
NDPreps Reserve

Postby squeak63 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:20 pm

SouthPlaya72 wrote:because who wants to play in the cold weather...think before you talk and south pretty much destroyed century in the first game of the year and they have gotta so much better the second half of the season on offense and D. So once again for the third straight year south and BHS in the ship

don't count your chickens before they hatch... century has gotten a lot better as the season has wore on also and also another thing about this game when/if it happens is that south has knocked century out of the playoffs the last 2 years... now for guys like emil and govig who played both of those years there may be a little bit of revenge factor for century (alot of bhs last year) where south players may be a little overconfident and looking past century... i am just saying because i know what it is like to end your season with a loss to south 2 years in a row and i know how bad you want to win your senior year because of it
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby FSHBruins10 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:56 pm

its all about the homefield advantage for south during the playoffs. it will be loud for south every game played in the FFD. the south players arent the only ones who remember last years championship game. student section for south will be going absolutely haywire the entire tournament
Strive for Excellence
122 State Championships and counting...
BRUIN PRIDE
FSHBruins10
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:45 am

squeak63 wrote:i am just saying because i know what it is like to end your season with a loss to south 2 years in a row and i know how bad you want to win your senior year because of it

South has lost to Red River in State hockey the last 3 years. Didn't help them last year.

FSHBruins10 wrote:its all about the homefield advantage for south during the playoffs. it will be loud for south every game played in the FFD. the south players arent the only ones who remember last years championship game. student section for south will be going absolutely haywire the entire tournament

Unfortunately for South, student sections don't win championships. If only they did, they might have a shot at it just because their school is so big. Unfortunately again, South doesn't really have much school spirit. They have very low turnout at games for how immensely large their school is.
Also, if this game is at the Fargodome (which it is, isn't it?) South actually loses their home field advantage. I know last year that the semifinal game was played outside during extremely cold temperatures, South had pretty much a heated house, whereas Century played without any artificial warming. That means, South is actually losing its homefield advantage compared to last year.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:46 am

HockeyHigh wrote:
squeak63 wrote:i am just saying because i know what it is like to end your season with a loss to south 2 years in a row and i know how bad you want to win your senior year because of it

South has lost to Red River in State hockey the last 3 years. Didn't help them last year.

I'm not trying to so its a for sure thing i am just saying that there should be a little extra motivation for the century seniors and in a game where the talent level and each team is a little more evened out rather then the last 2 years when south just was flat out better then century that little extra motivation may be what century needs to get over the top...also there is the factor that south players may be a little overconfident and looking towards the state championship rather than the task at hand...
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Stallng » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:37 am

Bismarck and South for the ship.
Stallng
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby goteam11 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:00 am

FSHBruins10 wrote:its all about the homefield advantage for south during the playoffs. it will be loud for south every game played in the FFD. the south players arent the only ones who remember last years championship game. student section for south will be going absolutely haywire the entire tournament

last year in the championship game the BHS student section was made up by about 15 people. they still one. While the student section does have some effect, it isn't that much.
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby unocero14 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:32 pm

SouthPlaya72 wrote:because who wants to play in the cold weather...think before you talk and south pretty much destroyed century in the first game of the year and they have gotta so much better the second half of the season on offense and D. So once again for the third straight year south and BHS in the ship

It's bcuz South played against a weak EDC...South does have a chance to get upset and whoever BHS plays is going to get destroyed
unocero14
NDPreps Starter

Postby unocero14 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:35 pm

Yeah thats right if its cold outside...(Fargo South) move there game to the dome, only if WF or North or RR or GFC could do that, but they don't...they men
unocero14
NDPreps Starter

Postby squatch » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:52 am

[quote="unocero14"]East #4 North vs West #1 Bismarck
West #3 Minot vs East #2 West Fargo

West #4 Dickinson vs East #1 Fargo South
East #3 Red River vs West #2 Century

Bismarck biggest blow out
Minot wins by 6+
Fargo South wins by 12+
Century wins by 14+
squatch
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr. All Day » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:21 pm

south isnt the only ones who have gotten better if kartes plays in the dome look out and there defense has gotten alot better and there offense also has improved so im pretty sure it should be bismarck and century in the ship
Mr. All Day
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Favrefan4ever » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:17 pm

unocero14 wrote:

Yeah thats right if its cold outside...(Fargo South) move there game to the dome, only if WF or North or RR or GFC could do that, but they don't...they men

south is trying to get the semi game moved outside if they make the semis
and WF and North do get to play in the dome
what about semis last year it was like 0 degrees outside and south played outside
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"-Steve Prefontaine
Favrefan4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby papabutch74 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:29 pm

Favrefan4ever wrote:
unocero14 wrote:

what about semis last year it was like 0 degrees outside and south played outside

i do believe we talked about that last year? south played outside because the dome was being used for seseme street on ice i do believe lol
papabutch74
NDPreps Starter

Postby theman » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:10 am

squatch wrote:
unocero14 wrote:East #4 North vs West #1 Bismarck

Minot wins by 6+
Fargo South wins by 12+
Century wins by 14+

Why are so many people picking minot over West Fargo?
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:17 am

theman wrote:
squatch wrote:
unocero14 wrote:East #4 North vs West #1 Bismarck

Minot wins by 6+
Fargo South wins by 12+
Century wins by 14+

Why are so many people picking minot over West Fargo?

It might be because Smart is coming back this week with 2 weeks off with an ankle injury. But I got to go with the home team. Minot has not played good this year on the road.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mr. All Day » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:20 pm

it should be a very good playoff all the teams have improved, but im saying that it is going to be BHS vs CHS state ship
Mr. All Day
NDPreps Reserve

Postby unocero14 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:50 pm

Favrefan4ever wrote:
unocero14 wrote:

WF does once a year, and usually never get there games moved to the dome
North does there one a year and then get the extra one when they play South
South does whenever they want too
....wow South did play outside with a heater on their sidelines and it was bcuz the dome was being used for other reasons
unocero14
NDPreps Starter

Postby FSHBruins10 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:46 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:

Unfortunately for South, student sections don't win championships. If only they did, they might have a shot at it just because their school is so big. Unfortunately again, South doesn't really have much school spirit. They have very low turnout at games for how immensely large their school is.
Also, if this game is at the Fargodome (which it is, isn't it?) South actually loses their home field advantage. I know last year that the semifinal game was played outside during extremely cold temperatures, South had pretty much a heated house, whereas Century played without any artificial warming. That means, South is actually losing its homefield advantage compared to last year.

when the game is important and big the students show up and are loud. take a look at state soccer and every home volleyball game. all football home games have been well attended for high school in north dakota from south. student sections dont win games, but they sure do affect it by pumping up the players. I wouldnt have said what i said if i didnt believe it because its true. attendence will be turning out in big numbers for the semis and finals.
Strive for Excellence
122 State Championships and counting...
BRUIN PRIDE
FSHBruins10
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to AAA