Saints moving back to AAA

The teams in Class AAA

Saints moving back to AAA

Postby Football Freak » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:35 am

will they be back up to AAA after their successful season.
Football Freak
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Saints moving back to AAA

Postby Jarudy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:51 pm

No. Plain and simple.
Jarudy
NDPreps Starter

Postby John Cena » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:56 pm

Is this a joke? The Saints can barely keep their head above the water in AA. Sticking in AA is the best for the Saints, they barely can compete with most AA teams.
IF YOU SMELL WHAT THE KING IS COOKIN'
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bisonguy06 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:56 pm

In my opinion, St. Mary's would be in the mix with Williston, Mandan, and Dickinson in the west if they had been AAA this year.

With Fargo Davies becoming the 13th team in AAA in two years, they will want an even number in the AAA division and St. Mary's might opt to play up. I know their coach Smrekar is old school and would love to see them compete in the top division. It's not ridiculous at all to suggest the idea that St. Mary's could move back up.
Bisonguy06
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:12 am

Bisonguy06 wrote:In my opinion, St. Mary's would be in the mix with Williston, Mandan, and Dickinson in the west if they had been AAA this year.

With Fargo Davies becoming the 13th team in AAA in two years, they will want an even number in the AAA division and St. Mary's might opt to play up. I know their coach Smrekar is old school and would love to see them compete in the top division. It's not ridiculous at all to suggest the idea that St. Mary's could move back up.

the thing is that st. marys enrollment has been going down steadily every year as of late...with their constant struggle in football the past 5-10 years kids who play football and are deciding between st. marys and one of the public schools in bismarck are going towards the public schools because they have a better opportunity to win there... IMO st.marys moving to AA in football was so they could compete and kids in the bismarck-mandan area would show more interest... i personally think that if they could go on a ten year run where they could win 3-5 state championships and be competing for one almost every year it would help enrollment in the school and then they may be able to transition back to AAA
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:32 am

St. Mary's, Shanley, and Wahpeton all moved down because the NDHSAA told them that they had to move. It was not a choice and they were told that they could not petition to stay up. This being said, St. Mary's will not play in AAA because NDHSAA will not let them.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Bisonguy06 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:42 am

I'm aware of all of that.

Again, I am saying that in one year, the NDHSAA might let them. Fargo Davies will join AAA in the east division and will give AAA 13 teams, an odd number. This doesn't work real well. If St. Mary's is allowed to opt back up, we'd have 14 teams and a balance between east and west.
Bisonguy06
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:37 pm

Bisonguy06 wrote:In my opinion, St. Mary's would be in the mix with Williston, Mandan, and Dickinson in the west if they had been AAA this year.

St. Marys is the 4 seed in the west in AA this year. If they can barley make the playoffs in AA how can they compete in AAA?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bisonguy06 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:25 pm

I agree that St. Mary's would've been in the bottom half of the AAA west division this year. I don't think they would have gone winless. They'd be competitive with Williston, Mandan, and Dickinson in the west, Central, Jamestown, and Fargo North in the east.

The gap between AAA and AA is not that big. Fargo Shanley (AA) almost beat Grand Forks Red River (a AAA playoff team) this year. Wahpeton (AA) made the AAA playoffs last year.

The addition of Fargo Davies is going to force AAA to either add or subtract a team to keep an even number. St. Mary's moving up is just one of many possible solutions.
Bisonguy06
NDPreps All-State

Postby Deuce » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:57 am

Bisonguy06 wrote:...The gap between AAA and AA is not that big. Fargo Shanley (AA) almost beat Grand Forks Red River (a AAA playoff team) this year. Wahpeton (AA) made the AAA playoffs last year.

Then why not move up the top of AA instead of cutting the number of teams in AAA?

St. Marys won't want to go back to maybe wining a game or two a year, hopefully make the 4th seed every so often just to get throttled by the east #1 seed. In AA they could routinely make the playoffs and in their good years contend.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller_2010 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:23 pm

I think they'd move another team down (Jamestown maybe?) before bringing up another team
Baller_2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby Favrefan4ever » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:23 pm

they should and will stay down in AA
they belong in this class and were moved down so they could compete
now they are at least competeing with the teams instead of getting destroyed
they will stay down until there team gets way better or school population goes way up
and i don't see their school population going up very much any time soon
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"-Steve Prefontaine
Favrefan4ever
NDPreps Starter

Return to AAA