Nadeau VS. Thorton

The teams in Class AAA

Nadeau VS. Thorton

Postby NDsports13 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:13 am

Who's the better overall quarterback? Nadeau has the stats over Thorton and is proving himself this year. Thorton better show up to play thursday or Nadeau could show who the top quarter back really is.

Thoughts?
NDsports13
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Nadeau VS. Thorton

Postby squeak63 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:53 am

learn how to analize stats... esley has a completion percentage of 65 to nadeau's 51, esley has thrown 1 int to nadeau's 5, esley averages 15.71 yard per completion to nadeau's 17 (not that big of difference) esley has thrown 6 td's to nadeau's 10 (esley has jake miller to score td's for him), lastly elseys QB rating is 149.27 to nadeau's 118... QB rating is the biggest tell of a qb's stats and esley blows nadeau out of the water in that category... i don't have this stat and i wish i would but you also have to factor in that with all the blow out games bismarck high has had esley has probably played 4-6 less quarters then nadeau

Just a note for everyone who reads my posts i believe i am somewhat dislexic becuase i always seem to type esley's name as elsey.... i had to go back and edit this one becuase i did it every time i wrote his name... i really do know how to spell his name i just type in wrong all the time and i don't know why
Last edited by squeak63 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby goteam11 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:07 am

squeak63 wrote:learn how to analize stats... elsey has a completion percentage of 65 to nadeau's 51, elsey has thrown 1 int to nadeau's 5, elsey averages 15.71 yard per completion to nadeau's 17 (not that big of difference) elsey has thrown 6 td's to nadeau's 10 (elsey has jake miller to score td's for him), lastly elseys QB rating is 149.27 to nadeau's 118... QB rating is the biggest tell of a qb's stats and esley blows nadeau out of the water in that category... i don't have this stat and i wish i would but you also have to factor in that with all the blow out games bismarck high has had elsey has probably played 4-6 less quarters then nadeau

agree with everything, except the playing time. more than 4-6 less than nadeau. just between central and williston he only played three quarters. plus not playing two against jtown, thats already five. so id say at least 7 quarters less than nadeau, since he's probably played a full game every week.
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:46 am

goteam11 wrote:
squeak63 wrote:learn how to analize stats... elsey has a completion percentage of 65 to nadeau's 51, elsey has thrown 1 int to nadeau's 5, elsey averages 15.71 yard per completion to nadeau's 17 (not that big of difference) elsey has thrown 6 td's to nadeau's 10 (elsey has jake miller to score td's for him), lastly elseys QB rating is 149.27 to nadeau's 118... QB rating is the biggest tell of a qb's stats and esley blows nadeau out of the water in that category... i don't have this stat and i wish i would but you also have to factor in that with all the blow out games bismarck high has had elsey has probably played 4-6 less quarters then nadeau

agree with everything, except the playing time. more than 4-6 less than nadeau. just between central and williston he only played three quarters. plus not playing two against jtown, thats already five. so id say at least 7 quarters less than nadeau, since he's probably played a full game every week.

i was thinking the same thing i was going to say that esley has probably played 2 full games less the nadeau but i dont have enough knowledge of nadeau's playing time throughout the season to assume he has played every quarter of every game
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby TheYessMan » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:32 pm

Nadeau by far, his supporting cast compared to thorton is way worse. mandan has no top receivers and he is still pulling out huge scoring drives. thorton is weak!!!!!!
TheYessMan
TheYessMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:05 pm

TheYessMan wrote:Nadeau by far, his supporting cast compared to thorton is way worse. mandan has no top receivers and he is still pulling out huge scoring drives. thorton is weak!!!!!!

Yessman, I don't know if you have a pair or just stupid with your last remark but your going to get alot of love mail with it. :D :D :D
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby demonfan14 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:06 pm

TheYessMan wrote:Nadeau by far, his supporting cast compared to thorton is way worse. mandan has no top receivers and he is still pulling out huge scoring drives. thorton is weak!!!!!!
This might be the most false thing i have ever read in my life. Thorton by a long shot
demonfan14
NDPreps Reserve

Postby centuryfan » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:57 am

demonfan14 wrote:
This might be the most false thing i have ever read in my life. Thorton by a long shot
Aside from the thorton is weak. How is it so false? all i ever hear about is how thorton's stats are messed up by miller being so good who does mandan have billy binstock who has been doing well but lets be honest hes no jake miller and look at mandans recievers there dot krugers or dylies hes working with much worse team
centuryfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDsports13 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:26 am

Squeak- I agree with you, but there are many other factors. Put Nadeau with Bismarck's offense. His QB rating would skyrocket just like Thortons. I've been watching these two all season and think you are being extremely bias. Thorton has personel surrounding him (3 all-staters), Nadeau has 0 "known" players to work with.

For all to know- i am from nowhere near Bismarck/Mandan area.
NDsports13
NDPreps Reserve

Postby squeak63 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:14 am

NDsports13 wrote:Squeak- I agree with you, but there are many other factors. Put Nadeau with Bismarck's offense. His QB rating would skyrocket just like Thortons. I've been watching these two all season and think you are being extremely bias. Thorton has personel surrounding him (3 all-staters), Nadeau has 0 "known" players to work with.

For all to know- i am from nowhere near Bismarck/Mandan area.

my post is not at all bias i just said the stats tilt to esley... 15.7 yards per completion to 17 isn't much of a difference and for the td's jake miller has scored 18 td's already this season elsey doesn't get a chance to throw the ball nearly as much.... also on recievers lets make a comparison here.... Tom Brady has randy moss wess welker and Benjamin Watson to throw to... jay cutler doesn't have much at all to throw too but who is the better quarterback??? also has anyone ever thought that people aren't giving mandans recievers enough and offensive line enough credit??? i havent been to a mandan game yet this year friday night will be my first one but look at hanson compared to this year and last year... last year hanson had a good group of recievers (skadland, oyloe, and i believe eggie was the other one) and he had a good offensive line(qvale and jorgenson) he threw the ball all over the place and put up numbers not many qb's in this state could ever think about doing, this year he has no offensive line and all the other weapons on his team are gone and he is having a very subpar year... what i am trying to say is that everyone is talking about how bad mandans recievers are but they must have some talent and everyone knows when you have time to throw the ball its likely you will find someone open.... look at brett favre on monday night football... all day to throw the ball and he found someone open down field...
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:49 pm

anyone who was at tonights game would have seen why esley is a better QB then nadeau
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby demonfan14 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:19 am

centuryfan wrote:
demonfan14 wrote:
Aside from the thorton is weak. How is it so false? all i ever hear about is how thorton's stats are messed up by miller being so good who does mandan have billy binstock who has been doing well but lets be honest hes no jake miller and look at mandans recievers there dot krugers or dylies hes working with much worse team
Nadeau by far? your talking about comparing him to a division 1 quarterback. Esley makes plays with his feet( if he needs to, usually the line doesn't let many people by). Mandan has 4 receivers in the top 10 for receiving in WDA. Put esley in mandan's offense where they pass a lot. Esley would put up outrageous numbers.
demonfan14
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDsports13 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:32 am

After watching the competition i'll give some ratings-- (1-100) Nadeau (N) Thorton (T)

Pocket Presence

T-- 97
N-- 4

Footwork/escaping pressure

T-- 99.9999
N-- 1

Arm and Accuracy

T-- 92
N--36

Vision

T-- 98 he surveys the field and finds his open recievers. Playmaker
N-- 48 he can make some plays but is too one dimensional and needs to have more patience. Not impressed

Overall performance

T-- I can see why North Dakota State University has recruited him. After comparing him to (what i thought) the last quarterback camparable to Thorton. I'm astounded in the playmaking difference.
N-- Dissappointing..disreguard my opening thread comments.

Thorton- better QB
NDsports13
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Jarudy » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:51 am

NDsports13 wrote:After watching the competition i'll give some ratings-- (1-100) Nadeau (N) Thorton (T)

Pocket Presence

T-- 97
N-- 4

Footwork/escaping pressure

T-- 99.9999
N-- 1

Arm and Accuracy

T-- 92
N--36

Vision

T-- 98 he surveys the field and finds his open recievers. Playmaker
N-- 48 he can make some plays but is too one dimensional and needs to have more patience. Not impressed

Overall performance

T-- I can see why North Dakota State University has recruited him. After comparing him to (what i thought) the last quarterback camparable to Thorton. I'm astounded in the playmaking difference.
N-- Dissappointing..disreguard my opening thread comments.

Thorton- better QB
Wow, a very offical rating system that many coaches use for ranking and analyzing recruits.
Jarudy
NDPreps Starter

Postby toeman20 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:09 pm

i think Nadeau is a great quarterback, but he is very streaky. Not a good couple game in grand forks but he bounced back to have some good games at home. Like the homecoming game against north he had like 2 or 3 very good drives.
toeman20
NDPreps Starter

Return to AAA