Century 26
Dickinson 0

Minot 34
Mandan 14
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: October 9th Scores

Postby theman » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:11 am

Can someone please use this to explain to toeman that mandan's not going to no playoffs?
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Orr4 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:26 pm

BHS=Bush League. Running up the score on a very down coyotes team this year? And doing an on-side kick in the 1st quarter? Bush league! Seriously? They are the best team in the state, everyone knows it! Have some class and show some respect to the opposing team, even if they aren't that good. Thats horrible.
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby papabutch74 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:13 pm

Orr4 wrote:BHS=Bush League. Running up the score on a very down coyotes team this year? And doing an on-side kick in the 1st quarter? Bush league! Seriously? They are the best team in the state, everyone knows it! Have some class and show some respect to the opposing team, even if they aren't that good. Thats horrible.

really dude? everyone konws i play for bhs so if you dont now you do. we did not run up the score. we had our 4 string running back in. sophomore line with 2 juniors on it our back up quarterback and they still ran big plays. onside kick? no they fumbled we recovered and went down and scored. we did not run up the score so say what you want.
papabutch74
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:48 am

Bismarck 63
Williston 0
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby goteam11 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:33 am

Orr4 wrote:BHS=Bush League. Running up the score on a very down coyotes team this year? And doing an on-side kick in the 1st quarter? Bush league! Seriously? They are the best team in the state, everyone knows it! Have some class and show some respect to the opposing team, even if they aren't that good. Thats horrible.

obviously you werent at the game. most of the bhs starters didnt even play half of the second quarter. and onside kick?.. the kicker kicked a low ball into a 20 mph wind, hit a williston player, and was recovered by a bismarck player. dont post on something if u dont know what your talking about
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby King James » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:32 am

jake miller only got 6 carries.. there goes any chance he had at getting to dresslers rushing record.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby luvsports » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:18 am

King James wrote:jake miller only got 6 carries.. there goes any chance he had at getting to dresslers rushing record.

Weston's season rushing record? What is it?
luvsports
NDPreps Starter

Postby King James » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:55 am

i think its 2200 for a season and like 280 something for a game i dont know the exact numbers.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby luvsports » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:00 pm

King James wrote:i think its 2200 for a season and like 280 something for a game i dont know the exact numbers.

Ya..and the next couple of games he won't be seeing much action either I would bet. Mandan and Dickinson? Channing and Dillon will run up more yards than Jake again. Oh well...it is a team sport..and they have a phenomenal team.. Back-to-back state championships shortly!
luvsports
NDPreps Starter

Postby papabutch74 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:04 pm

King James wrote:i think its 2200 for a season and like 280 something for a game i dont know the exact numbers.

i think for a game its 282 because last year jake had 281 against century and another stat keeper gave him 283 so it still stands at 282
papabutch74
NDPreps Starter

Postby unocero14 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:54 am

papabutch74 wrote:

really dude? everyone konws i play for bhs so if you dont now you do. we did not run up the score. we had our 4 string running back in. sophomore line with 2 juniors on it our back up quarterback and they still ran big plays. onside kick? no they fumbled we recovered and went down and scored. we did not run up the score so say what you want.

One word "RUTHLESS"
unocero14
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:45 am

unocero14 wrote:
papabutch74 wrote:

One word "RUTHLESS"

i don't see how this is ruthless... what would you have done if you were coach gibson??? would you have knelt on it the hole second half?? he ran the ball with JV and sophmore players the hole second half and williston still couldn't stop them... think of all the experience he got some of those young guys in that game... i am sure there were sophmores playing that wont even see much varsity time next year...it makes a big difference if you go from never playing a varsity game ever to all the sudden playing so i believe that giving some of those younger kids reps was a good thing for bismarck high... i realize that the reps those younger guys got were probably not quality reps anyway but playing in a varsity game has a lot of hype and now all those kids who gibson thought were good enough to dress got a chance to get into the game... i am guessing that everyone who was padded up on bismarck highs sidelines played and thats a good thing for the team down the road.
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby d-line63 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:46 pm

To be honest, If you play football, you really shouldn't see it as running up the score. I play for Mandan, and even though BHS beat us by 40 points, I don't see it as running up the score. Obviously as a rival of BHS, it takes alot for a Mandan player to say something like this, but I respect BHS for not pulling all their starters till near the end of the game, I would rather be beat badly by a teams starters, than come back and win against a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th string team. I'm glad they played hard against us. In my mind, the game of Football is strategy, if you get beat you get beat. simple as that, It's the offenses job to score, and defenses job to keep the other team out of the end-zone. Obviously its hard to keep a team like BHS out of the end zone, its a teams job to step up. It's not running up the score, it's just getting beat. You can't ask a team to please stop scoring, you just have to stop them. And to me it sounds like that kick was an error by williston's special teams and the BHS capitalized. Bottom line is that this isn't grade school football anymore,it's a matter of growing a pair and accepting that you got beat, and thinking of ways to stop it from happening the next play, or the next game....
It is what it is.
d-line63
NDPreps Rookie

Postby NDsports13 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:53 pm

sorry to break it to you but BHS pulled 90% of their starters at half.
NDsports13
NDPreps Reserve

Postby d-line63 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:18 pm

miller and a couple others were the only ones they pulled after the first series of the second half, thorton was in until the 4th. but that's not the point of what I was trying to make if you would read... sorry to break it to you...
It is what it is.
d-line63
NDPreps Rookie

Return to AAA