Cushman Classic vs. WF/South

The teams in Class AAA

Cushman Classic vs. WF/South

Postby unocero14 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:15 pm

What is the better rivalry and whose going to win this Friday?

I'm going to take Central over Red River and going with my stomach on this one as WF over South slightly.

....WF/South is probably the best rivalry in the State with BHS/Century.
WF and South hate each other with a passion..we'll have to see if Gibson can pull this one out against Feeney..WF hasn't beat South since the Tyler Roehl days.
unocero14
NDPreps Starter

Re: Cushman Classic vs. WF/South

Postby squeak63 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:51 pm

so basically west fargo hasn't beat south since feeney came along... it takes a lot of trial and error to beat the wing T offense unless you are just flat out better then them... WF played south very close last year i think losing on the hook and ladder play if my memory is correct... maybe the west fargo coaching staff along with the hole state for that matter is figuring out how to beat feeney's wint T
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby unocero14 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:01 pm

squeak63 wrote:so basically west fargo hasn't beat south since feeney came along... it takes a lot of trial and error to beat the wing T offense unless you are just flat out better then them... WF played south very close last year i think losing on the hook and ladder play if my memory is correct... maybe the west fargo coaching staff along with the hole state for that matter is figuring out how to beat feeney's wint T

The hook and ladder was what gave them momentum and then there was a safety and Jemison took a punt back right after that...it was boom, boom, boom
unocero14
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsfan2006 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:31 pm

Red River wins the Cushman Classic 21-10
sportsfan2006

Postby Favrefan4ever » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:49 pm

South wins again 19-17
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"-Steve Prefontaine
Favrefan4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby unocero14 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:18 am

Both were good games...
I wasn't at the Red River game but congrats to them on breaking the seven game losing streak to Central...and at the South/WF game I thought there was a bad coaching call at the end of the third up by four points and Gibson calls three fade patterns in a row and punted and South took over from there..Gibson usually plays conservative but the one time he has a chance to beat South and Feeney, he gets over ZEALOUS!!
unocero14
NDPreps Starter

Postby livinXtheXdream » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:12 pm

I just don't understand why Griffin Neal isn't the regular starter and playing all the time...So far this year it is easily noticeable that he's better than Brock Larson
livinXtheXdream
NDPreps Reserve

Postby papabutch74 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:59 pm

livinXtheXdream wrote:I just don't understand why Griffin Neal isn't the regular starter and playing all the time...So far this year it is easily noticeable that he's better than Brock Larson

well from what it seems like.. is when larson is in they pass.. and when the other kids in theyre more likely to run with him.. sure the run with larson.. but larsons more apt to pass and neals more apt to run
papabutch74
NDPreps Starter

Postby Favrefan4ever » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:25 pm

papabutch74 wrote:
livinXtheXdream wrote:I just don't understand why Griffin Neal isn't the regular starter and playing all the time...So far this year it is easily noticeable that he's better than Brock Larson

well from what it seems like.. is when larson is in they pass.. and when the other kids in theyre more likely to run with him.. sure the run with larson.. but larsons more apt to pass and neals more apt to run

this is kind of true but not really
both quarterbacks are equally likely to pass when they are in
i do agree i think they run neal a little more than larson
i think neal is the better of the two
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"-Steve Prefontaine
Favrefan4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby purple_drank » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:48 pm

Neal is clearly better then Larson. I think it's just politics at south is the only reason why larson plays. But i think larson plays more because he did start every game last year so he has the experience.
purple_drank
NDPreps Starter

Return to AAA