North vs Mandan
Red River vs Willeston
Jamestown vs Century
Minot vs West Fargo

My picks...

BHS- in a semi close one, BHS just too strong
South- coming back and destroying Dickinson, South will come out fired up
Mandan- in a close one
Willeston- Red River doesn't have a run "D", but depends if KIng has a good day passing
Century- been looking good as of lately
Minot- looking strong with the run, WF can't stop the pass and have a horrible passing game themself
unocero14
NDPreps Starter

Re: Last Week of Non-Conference

Postby Jarudy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:50 pm

BHS
South
North
Red River
Century
West Fargo
Jarudy
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:41 pm

i see BHS scoring a lot of points friday night against central... especially if centrals offense scored a couple of times early... central has givin up 45 and 30 points in their last 2 games against offenses that are far bismarck highs offense... the only way i don't see bhs scoring 40-50 ponts friday night is if centrals offense (which seems to be pretty good) is held in check by the very good bhs defense
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby unocero14 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:12 pm

squeak63 wrote:i see BHS scoring a lot of points friday night against central... especially if centrals offense scored a couple of times early... central has givin up 45 and 30 points in their last 2 games against offenses that are far bismarck highs offense... the only way i don't see bhs scoring 40-50 ponts friday night is if centrals offense (which seems to be pretty good) is held in check by the very good bhs defense

Squeak have you played in grand forks before tho..i know bhs will do outstanding i'm saying there will be some bad calls to keep central in it...the refs are for grand forks teams but your right bhs will be really efficient, no one in the state won't be able to stop bhs not even the refs
Last edited by unocero14 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unocero14
NDPreps Starter

Postby unocero14 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:18 pm

Jarudy wrote:BHS
South
North
Red River
Century
West Fargo

Can you explain your picks jarudy...i don't get why you pick the number 2 team in the state to lose to WF, Smart is a heck of a running back and won't be stopped. Also, will WF be able to execute on offense, last week Sam King (GFRR) went 6-16 and a INT against Minot, and last week WF's QB threw 3 INT's and don't know the rest of his stats but thats 7 on the season, so I think Minot will win 34-24 and Smart will have over 150 rushing
unocero14
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:28 pm

unocero14 wrote:
squeak63 wrote:i see BHS scoring a lot of points friday night against central... especially if centrals offense scored a couple of times early... central has givin up 45 and 30 points in their last 2 games against offenses that are far bismarck highs offense... the only way i don't see bhs scoring 40-50 ponts friday night is if centrals offense (which seems to be pretty good) is held in check by the very good bhs defense

Squeak have you played in grand forks before tho..i know bhs will do outstanding i'm saying there will be some bad calls to keep central in it...the refs are for grand forks teams but your right bhs will be really efficient, no one in the state won't be able to stop bhs not even the refs

i have played in grand forks but it was a play off game so i believe they bring in refs for those games and don't have local ref's... i really hope they keep grand forks in the game cause that will give bhs another chance to keep their starters in... i just think that if bhs can keep their starters in for 3+ quaters they will score 40-50 points regardless of how bad the officiating is.
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Orr4 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:47 pm

Sam King may have played pretty bad that game...but the conditions weren't good anyways. no excuse. i know. but the question for friday's game in williston is if williston's defense can stop a very good offense from red river. should be another great test for both teams. as a williston alumni i gotta choose williston, but i have my doubts
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Jarudy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:48 pm

unocero14 wrote:
South
North
Red River
Century
West Fargo

Can you explain your picks jarudy...i don't get why you pick the number 2 team in the state to lose to WF, Smart is a heck of a running back and won't be stopped. Also, will WF be able to execute on offense, last week Sam King (GFRR) went 6-16 and a INT against Minot, and last week WF's QB threw 3 INT's and don't know the rest of his stats but thats 7 on the season, so I think Minot will win 34-24 and Smart will have over 150 rushing
So you really only question my last pick. Let me ask you a couple questions: 1) How much do ratings really matter? Does a coaches poll show how hard a team works and how much effort is put into practice? 2) Do "upsets" never happen? I don't recall a season in any sport where there was not an "upset". 3) My quarterback is averaging nearly 8 yards a carry rushing, and is doing a fine job passing even if you look at stats only. 4) Do you not get out much? Last week Friday it was 55, 20ish mph winds and raining. If a quarterback had a passer rating of over 120 last Friday, we'll be watching them play on Saturdays on national TV. 5) (Not really a question) WF offense is holding nearly every team on the rush, forcing them to pass. Smart is by far the best RB we've seen this season, and have made adjustments accordingly. Just because I pick a team to win doesn't mean it's going to be a walk in the park.
Jarudy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jarudy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:52 pm

squeak63 wrote:
unocero14 wrote:

i have played in grand forks but it was a play off game so i believe they bring in refs for those games and don't have local ref's... i really hope they keep grand forks in the game cause that will give bhs another chance to keep their starters in... i just think that if bhs can keep their starters in for 3+ quaters they will score 40-50 points regardless of how bad the officiating is.
The problem is that 2 or 3 legit touchdowns will probably be called back by usually a holding call. Penalties won't stop the powerhouse though.
Jarudy
NDPreps Starter

Postby unocero14 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:08 pm

squeak63 wrote:
unocero14 wrote:

Yeah i agree...the only good thing for Central is Grant Parks and that other big back they have, i don't think they have much of a passing game tho
unocero14
NDPreps Starter

Postby unocero14 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:24 am

Jarudy wrote:
unocero14 wrote:
South
North
Red River
Century
West Fargo

So you really only question my last pick. Let me ask you a couple questions: 1) How much do ratings really matter? Does a coaches poll show how hard a team works and how much effort is put into practice? 2) Do "upsets" never happen? I don't recall a season in any sport where there was not an "upset". 3) My quarterback is averaging nearly 8 yards a carry rushing, and is doing a fine job passing even if you look at stats only. 4) Do you not get out much? Last week Friday it was 55, 20ish mph winds and raining. If a quarterback had a passer rating of over 120 last Friday, we'll be watching them play on Saturdays on national TV. 5) (Not really a question) WF offense is holding nearly every team on the rush, forcing them to pass. Smart is by far the best RB we've seen this season, and have made adjustments accordingly. Just because I pick a team to win doesn't mean it's going to be a walk in the park.

1)Well when the other team is completely better than yours ratings do matter, i'm sure Minot does work hard if not harder then WF 2) if someone beats Bismarck and i already saw one upset Mandan beat WF if you don't remember 3) your QB should be a running back, the last time i checked QB's throw the ball and try not to complete it to the other team 4) i do get out much, i'd rather go to a good game rather than go to a crap game in weather like you played in, its fun to play in that but not watch as a spectator and i'm sure QB's adjust their game to the climate of the weather, so i'm sure there is plenty of guys who can get a passing rating up to 120 5) exactly you haven't seen a good running back and Mandan still ran over WF, but if WF does stop the run Minot will throw the ball and execute bcuz WF has a poor secondary, and as your Defense makes adjustments, i'm sure there offense is doing the same, but they just got more all out speed and more weapons i can't wait to see this game.
unocero14
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jarudy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:58 pm

unocero14 wrote:
Jarudy wrote:
unocero14 wrote:
South
North
Red River
Century
West Fargo

1)Well when the other team is completely better than yours ratings do matter, i'm sure Minot does work hard if not harder then WF 2) if someone beats Bismarck and i already saw one upset Mandan beat WF if you don't remember 3) your QB should be a running back, the last time i checked QB's throw the ball and try not to complete it to the other team 4) i do get out much, i'd rather go to a good game rather than go to a crap game in weather like you played in, its fun to play in that but not watch as a spectator and i'm sure QB's adjust their game to the climate of the weather, so i'm sure there is plenty of guys who can get a passing rating up to 120 5) exactly you haven't seen a good running back and Mandan still ran over WF, but if WF does stop the run Minot will throw the ball and execute bcuz WF has a poor secondary, and as your Defense makes adjustments, i'm sure there offense is doing the same, but they just got more all out speed and more weapons i can't wait to see this game.
I cant fix stupid, so I wont even attempt to answer. I'll let the quality of play on Friday nights prove whats needs to be proved.
Jarudy
NDPreps Starter

Postby unocero14 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:16 pm

Jarudy wrote:
unocero14 wrote:
Jarudy wrote:
unocero14 wrote:
South
North
Red River
Century
West Fargo

I cant fix stupid, so I wont even attempt to answer. I'll let the quality of play on Friday nights prove whats needs to be proved.

I don't know what you think is stupid i answered your questions you asked, i'd like to see WF beat Minot bcuz i don't like Minot but i had to go with the facts and pick Minot bcuz WF just isn't that good this year
unocero14
NDPreps Starter

Postby ochocinc » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:31 pm

unocero14 wrote:
Jarudy wrote:
unocero14 wrote:
Jarudy wrote:
unocero14 wrote:
South
North
Red River
Century
West Fargo

I don't know what you think is stupid i answered your questions you asked, i'd like to see WF beat Minot bcuz i don't like Minot but i had to go with the facts and pick Minot bcuz WF just isn't that good this year

WF offense is holding nearly every team on the rush, forcing them to pass? really jarudy? its usually peoples defenses that stop the rush and force the pass. lets just hope WF defense lines up on the other side of the ball when minot has possesion this friday
ochocinc
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Favrefan4ever » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:11 pm

unocero14 wrote:BHS vs Central
Dickinson vs South
North vs Mandan
Red River vs Willeston
Jamestown vs Century
Minot vs West Fargo

My picks...

Mandan- in a close one
Willeston- Red River doesn't have a run "D", but depends if KIng has a good day passing
Minot- looking strong with the run, WF can't stop the pass and have a horrible passing game themself

BHS (easily)
South (pretty easily)
North (should be a great game)
Williston (not really sure haven't seen either one play)
Century (easily)
Minot (WF QB is struggling through the air and minot has dante smart)
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"-Steve Prefontaine
Favrefan4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby unocero14 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:29 pm

Favrefan4ever wrote:
Dickinson vs South
North vs Mandan
Red River vs Willeston
Jamestown vs Century
Minot vs West Fargo

My picks...

Mandan- in a close one

BHS (easily)
South (pretty easily)
Century (easily)

I'm glad someone agrees with me about WF
unocero14
NDPreps Starter

Postby riders » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:25 pm

unocero14 wrote:
South
North
Red River
Century
West Fargo

last week WF's QB threw 3 INT's and don't know the rest of his stats but thats 7 on the season, so I think Minot will win 34-24 and Smart will have over 150 rushing

im not making any picks, or an excuse for that matter, but you do have to take into account that it was raining pretty heavily on friday night in dicky. he is a threat as a QB, even in the rain he played well other than those 3 picks
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:37 am

unocero14 wrote:
Favrefan4ever wrote:
Dickinson vs South
North vs Mandan
Red River vs Willeston
Jamestown vs Century
Minot vs West Fargo

My picks...

Mandan- in a close one

BHS (easily)
South (pretty easily)
Century (easily)

I'm glad someone agrees with me about WF

unocero14, I like your honest opion about Minot.

I think alot of people are focusing on just Dante running the ball when Minot has another back (Tengesdal)who has run for over 100 yds the first 3 games also. When Minot played RR, they use Danta alot as the slot back in motion as a decoy and everyone was focused on him. Tengesdal then was released to his 100 yd night. But if you focus on these two, Minot's 2 QBs (Murphy & Steinwald) also have some wheels on them. They don't have a passing game from the two games I've seen but this is an area they will have to improve on before they meet BHS.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby Jarudy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:02 pm

LET THE PLAYING DO THE TALKING, 22-20, thee WF packers
Jarudy
NDPreps Starter

Postby hybrid » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:11 am

unocero14, watch what comes out of your mouth before you go making over exaggerated claims about a football team. I think 22-20 does all the talking required
hybrid
NDPreps Rookie

Postby unocero14 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:52 am

Good for WF, but i was right about Minot running the ball..kid had a 85 and 81 yard TDs...it helps that its homecoming too for WF, and there QB didn't turn the ball over so there is another improvement. Jarudy you guys keep that up next week against South and through the year i might pick you guys in the playoffs, so nice momentum going into conference play...but i don't think no one saw that coming.

My respect for WF just went up a level..and beat South I might see you guys in the ship with BHS
unocero14
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jarudy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:13 pm

unocero14 wrote:Good for WF, but i was right about Minot running the ball..kid had a 85 and 81 yard TDs...it helps that its homecoming too for WF, and there QB didn't turn the ball over so there is another improvement. Jarudy you guys keep that up next week against South and through the year i might pick you guys in the playoffs, so nice momentum going into conference play...but i don't think no one saw that coming.

My respect for WF just went up a level..and beat South I might see you guys in the ship with BHS
Smart didnt run the ball for 4-175, the other one did
Jarudy
NDPreps Starter

Postby unocero14 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:23 pm

Jarudy wrote:
unocero14 wrote:Good for WF, but i was right about Minot running the ball..kid had a 85 and 81 yard TDs...it helps that its homecoming too for WF, and there QB didn't turn the ball over so there is another improvement. Jarudy you guys keep that up next week against South and through the year i might pick you guys in the playoffs, so nice momentum going into conference play...but i don't think no one saw that coming.

I didn't say he was the one that ran the long TD's...read carefully
unocero14
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jarudy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:56 pm

unocero14 wrote:
Jarudy wrote:

The only RB mentioned in the previous discussion was Smart and by refering to the other back as the "kid", I hope that you hadn't confused them. On a side note, the refs made it RAIN on Friday night (rain yellows of course).
Jarudy
NDPreps Starter

Postby unocero14 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:46 pm

Jarudy wrote:
unocero14 wrote:
Jarudy wrote:

The only RB mentioned in the previous discussion was Smart and by refering to the other back as the "kid", I hope that you hadn't confused them. On a side note, the refs made it RAIN on Friday night (rain yellows of course).

who cares...i'd like to look towards the future not the past so move on and worry about losing to south
unocero14
NDPreps Starter

Return to AAA