Fargo South vs. BHS

The teams in Class AAA

Fargo South vs. BHS

Postby luvsports » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:52 pm

Ok. Let's get this started. What are your opinions of the South/BHS game this Friday night?
luvsports
NDPreps Starter

Re: Fargo South vs. BHS

Postby demonation1 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:35 pm

just to start it off-i am SUPER excited to watch this game on friday-i'm already getting pumped when its a week before the game. I truly think that BHS will come out with the win-not because im a huge bhs fan but for many different reasons. both bhs and south lost valuable players that are now in college. Miller and thorton will have awesome games that will help the outcome. and i think we have the better coach on our side. overall it will be an awesome game that i will more than likely loose my voice for about a week.
its going to be a good game! -GO DEMONS! :))
peace! :)
demonation1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby squeak63 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:14 pm

demonation1 wrote:just to start it off-i am SUPER excited to watch this game on friday-i'm already getting pumped when its a week before the game. I truly think that BHS will come out with the win-not because im a huge bhs fan but for many different reasons. both bhs and south lost valuable players that are now in college. Miller and thorton will have awesome games that will help the outcome. and i think we have the better coach on our side. overall it will be an awesome game that i will more than likely loose my voice for about a week.

there is only one thing wrong with this post... comparing coach gibson and coach feeny is like comparing Miller and smith or lebron and kobe... you can't go out and say one is a better coach then the other... they are both GREAT coaches and WILL have a gameplan that gives their team a good chance to win... they both know each other soo well... it is a great rivalry between these 2 teams... this is interesting for me... since 2004 bhs has played south more times then they have played century (their biggest rival) and have played each other in the state title game the past 2 years... if you don't think that the players coaches and fans are going to be absolutly jacked for this game you are kidding yourself... should be a great atmosphere friday night at the bowl!
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:18 pm

i think bhs wins this one pulling away in the 4rth quater i am sayin 36-21... i am sayin its gonna be 14 all at half time and 21-14 at the end of the 3rd... south gets a td late in the 4rth when the game is all but over already... if i get this hole prediction right someone better give me a cookie!
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby demonation1 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:47 pm

squeak63 wrote:
demonation1 wrote:just to start it off-i am SUPER excited to watch this game on friday-i'm already getting pumped when its a week before the game. I truly think that BHS will come out with the win-not because im a huge bhs fan but for many different reasons. both bhs and south lost valuable players that are now in college. Miller and thorton will have awesome games that will help the outcome. and i think we have the better coach on our side. overall it will be an awesome game that i will more than likely loose my voice for about a week.

there is only one thing wrong with this post... comparing coach gibson and coach feeny is like comparing Miller and smith or lebron and kobe... you can't go out and say one is a better coach then the other... they are both GREAT coaches and WILL have a gameplan that gives their team a good chance to win... they both know each other soo well... it is a great rivalry between these 2 teams... this is interesting for me... since 2004 bhs has played south more times then they have played century (their biggest rival) and have played each other in the state title game the past 2 years... if you don't think that the players coaches and fans are going to be absolutly jacked for this game you are kidding yourself... should be a great atmosphere friday night at the bowl!

okay yeahh i take that back they are both great coaches. and if you predict right i will give you a pat on the back squeak
peace! :)
demonation1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby King James » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:43 pm

Gibson is a better coach. Feeney has always had more talent. Im excited for this for a few reasons. 1.) my boy jake miller is finally going to get at least 20 touches and actually might play a full game. 2.) Esley is going to give Fargo a preview of what they'll be seeing for 4 years after this at NDSU. 3.) Its BHS home opener so the boys will be ready to go. Dont think just because they beat south last year that their going to come in to the game and act like there better than them.
I got BHS winning this one by 2 TD's. I think BHS is better this year. I will be curious to see how the demons O line and D line hold up against their first true test.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby greatbambino » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:41 pm

King James wrote:Gibson is a better coach. Feeney has always had more talent. Im excited for this for a few reasons. 1.) my boy jake miller is finally going to get at least 20 touches and actually might play a full game. 2.) Esley is going to give Fargo a preview of what they'll be seeing for 4 years after this at NDSU. 3.) Its BHS home opener so the boys will be ready to go. Dont think just because they beat south last year that their going to come in to the game and act like there better than them.
I got BHS winning this one by 2 TD's. I think BHS is better this year. I will be curious to see how the demons O line and D line hold up against their first true test.

99% chance he redshirts next year, so that preview is going to be 2 years early, and how is everybody in fargo going to see said preview if the game is in bismarck?
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:02 am

greatbambino wrote:
King James wrote:Gibson is a better coach. Feeney has always had more talent. Im excited for this for a few reasons. 1.) my boy jake miller is finally going to get at least 20 touches and actually might play a full game. 2.) Esley is going to give Fargo a preview of what they'll be seeing for 4 years after this at NDSU. 3.) Its BHS home opener so the boys will be ready to go. Dont think just because they beat south last year that their going to come in to the game and act like there better than them.

99% chance he redshirts next year, so that preview is going to be 2 years early, and how is everybody in fargo going to see said preview if the game is in bismarck?

because everyone who is a high school/ fargo south football fan should be at the bowl on friday night if they know whats good for them...i am predicting it to be packed on both sides of the bowl on friday night... one thing i have noticed about fargo fan's/ students they are very good at traveling with their teams... every school in the state should be that way... i love the support for fargo athletics
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby luvsports » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:40 am

squeak63 wrote:
greatbambino wrote:

because everyone who is a high school/ fargo south football fan should be at the bowl on friday night if they know whats good for them...i am predicting it to be packed on both sides of the bowl on friday night... one thing i have noticed about fargo fan's/ students they are very good at traveling with their teams... every school in the state should be that way... i love the support for fargo athletics

And if the Fargo fans are not able to make it to the bowl, they will read about it in The Forum Saturday morning after the Bruin loss.
luvsports
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:38 pm

I honestly don't see the Bruins pulling through on this one. Although both teams lost a good bit from last year, I think South has lost a significant amount more. They also didn't look that impressive against Edina, given penalties and such it got pretty brutal. Edina was definitely not as good as they should be, and South should have taken that game handily. We'll see though, Feeney does some crazy things.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby unocero14 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:25 pm

BHS easily...South doesn't have the talent they've had in recent years and BHS has the best talent they've had in years
unocero14
NDPreps Starter

Postby Favrefan4ever » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:09 pm

should be a great game something to keep in mind
south has played two tough games so far keeping their starters in the whole game
while bismarck has had 2 easier games and the starters have only played 1/2 the game
if its close late in the game south you would think would be in better shape
therefore being more effective but maybe not will have to see should be a great game
Last edited by Favrefan4ever on Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"-Steve Prefontaine
Favrefan4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jarudy » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:34 pm

South by a small margin:
1) Matchup to determine the game - BHS O-line and South's D-line
Also 3 words: Hook and Ladder
Jarudy
NDPreps Starter

Postby unocero14 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:40 am

Jarudy wrote:South by a small margin:
1) Matchup to determine the game - BHS O-line and South's D-line
Also 3 words: Hook and Ladder

BHS stole the Hook and Ladder from South last year I recall in the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
BHS with a D-1 QB and a RB that has D-1 potential and Gibson won't let them oversee South...it'll be a great game BHS by 3-10 points
unocero14
NDPreps Starter

Postby goteam11 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:52 am

BHS 35 Fargo South 7
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby luvsports » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:55 am

What a boring game....disappointing. BHS will walk through this season.
luvsports
NDPreps Starter

Postby Favrefan4ever » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:23 pm

BHS looked very good and very convincing in this win
South did not look good couldn't get offense going in 1st half
defense looked fine in 1st half except for the couple big plays
2nd half south offense a little better still not good
defense couldn't get off the field
BHS looked good on both sides of the ball the whole game
Miller killed south ran all over their defense
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"-Steve Prefontaine
Favrefan4ever
NDPreps Starter

Return to AAA