Smith or Miller?

Smith
55%
Miller
45%

Total votes : 53

Re: Smith vs. Miller

Postby squeak63 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:57 am

i still would like to know how many carries smith has right now in the season!
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby luvsports » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:07 am

squeak63 wrote:i still would like to know how many carries smith has right now in the season!

I tried looking in newspaper articles...the only one I have found so far is 30 carries in the 1st game vs St Mary's.
luvsports
NDPreps Starter

Postby King James » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:51 pm

just going by millers yard per carry average he would probably go over 300 yards every game if he got 30 carries. theres really no way to argue it either because he just ran for like 10-11 yards a carry against aruguebly the 2nd best team in the state
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby unocero14 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:13 pm

King James wrote:just going by millers yard per carry average he would probably go over 300 yards every game if he got 30 carries. theres really no way to argue it either because he just ran for like 10-11 yards a carry against aruguebly the 2nd best team in the state

Who cares how many carries, if Miller played for Wahp do you think he would have as many yards as Smith or put Smith in Miller's shoes at Bismarck would he have any less of carries...and the reason why Smith doesn't come out of the game is they are always in the game with there opponent bcuz there D not cool and they don't have backups in a small school
unocero14
NDPreps Starter

Postby luvsports » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:19 pm

unocero14 wrote:
King James wrote:just going by millers yard per carry average he would probably go over 300 yards every game if he got 30 carries. theres really no way to argue it either because he just ran for like 10-11 yards a carry against aruguebly the 2nd best team in the state

Who cares how many carries, if Miller played for Wahp do you think he would have as many yards as Smith or put Smith in Miller's shoes at Bismarck would he have any less of carries...and the reason why Smith doesn't come out of the game is they are always in the game with there opponent bcuz there D not cool and they don't have backups in a small school

Smith carried the ball 30 times again this past Friday against Central Cass. I think it makes a huge difference how many carries he has. Yes, if Miller played for Wahp and had as many carries he would have just as many yards (more probably) as Smith. If Smith played for Bismarck, he would get half as many as he is getting right now at Wahp. He would have other quality players on his team and he would only play the 1st half like Miller does.
luvsports
NDPreps Starter

Postby Favrefan4ever » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:42 pm

Yeah smith gets more carries but look at the guys around him
he pretty much is whaps team
miller has a better offensive line and better players around him
like thorton and krueger
but miller is still really good and when he is in the open field he still makes people miss or runs by them
hard to compare the two when they play in a different class and one has lots of talent around him
and one has barely any talent around him
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"-Steve Prefontaine
Favrefan4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby King James » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:07 pm

I would say Jake is like a Barry Sanders type and Smith is like Emmit Smith
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby UND Fan » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:51 am

Does anyone know who is seriously recruiting Miller and if he is leaning towards any specific college at this time?
UND Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby squeak63 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:52 pm

jake his family and the coaches that are recuting him are the only ones who know that... and if he has told people who is going after him i am sure that he doesn't want the hole world to know
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby BHSrunner » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:47 pm

flatlander wrote:It's not like NDSU was the only school to offer Smith - UND and USD both did. SDSU, UND, NDSU, and USD don't offer guys before their senior season unless they think he is a blue-chip player - but to make that judgement about a guy, they are going to want to see him up up close during the summer and it sounds like Miller wasn't able to go to camps (at least not NDSU's) so the lack of an early offer shouldn't surprise anybody. I expect that before the recruiting season is over, Jake will have plenty of offers.

blue chippers in basketball and football are usually the top 150 ranked players on ESPN and scouts.com.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby flatlander » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:16 pm

BHSrunner wrote:blue chippers in basketball and football are usually the top 150 ranked players on ESPN and scouts.com.

Oh, come on! "Blue chip" just means a "can't miss" type of player - as such, each team has their own standard.
flatlander
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:25 pm

the king is in minnesota right now so i am gonna update this for him... miller stats friday night 4 carries 130 yards 2 td's... his stats on the season 47 carries 582 yards 12.38 YPC and 12 total TD's averaging a TD for every 4 carries this year
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:22 pm

How about channing mann... i am not saying that he should be in the discussion with smith and miller but i personally think that he would be the starting running back at any AAA school in ND other then BHS .... the kid tore up JV last year and was one of the backup running backs at bhs as a sophmore last year...i personally think he would be a all-state type of a kid if he wasn't stuck behind the best running back in AAA... its a shame that with his kind of talent and speed he wont get to start untill he is a senior
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby King James » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:30 pm

27 passes in the first half? are the demons trying to run the spread like tim tebow and the gators? Pound that pill gibby, run the ball down there throats. Need more of a balance because you got the best QB and RB in the state. they scored 41 points though. Miller just needs more touches. At least hes going to be fresh this week for minot.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:06 am

its a non conference game it was just a good chance to put in their no huddle offense which they have not shown yet this year... running a no huddle in a game compared to practice is is very different... lets face it all the games the demons have played this year so far have ust been glorified practices... 1. they don't mean anything and 2. they have completly pounded every team they have played so far... i expect a much more balanced game next week vs. minot because if gibson was planning on coming out and throwing the ball a bunch against minot he wouldn't have shown it in a completly meaningless game
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby demonation1 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:19 am

King James wrote:27 passes in the first half? are the demons trying to run the spread like tim tebow and the gators? Pound that pill gibby, run the ball down there throats. Need more of a balance because you got the best QB and RB in the state. they scored 41 points though. Miller just needs more touches. At least hes going to be fresh this week for minot.

to much passing at grand forks. boring... my prediction Miller has over 200 yards before halftime.
peace! :)
demonation1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby LPB'S37 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:43 am

I'd have to go with smith on this one Miller is a very good running back but he has a quarterback that can throw the ball and defenses have to focus on that however with smith other teams can load the box and not have to worry about the pass because wahpetons quarterback can barely throw the ball
LPB'S37
NDPreps Reserve

Postby King James » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:08 pm

I dont like that arguement. Look at Adrian Peterson last year. Opposing teams just focused on him but if he got a crease he hit it and made the most out of it. Were talking about running backs not how good there quarterbacks are.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby BHSrunner » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:55 am

squeak63 wrote:the king is in minnesota right now so i am gonna update this for him... miller stats friday night 4 carries 130 yards 2 td's... his stats on the season 47 carries 582 yards 12.38 YPC and 12 total TD's averaging a TD for every 4 carries this year

Haha Miller is such a beast.

And yeah, Channing is going to rip it up next year.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby King James » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:19 am

Miler... 70 carries for 770 yards, 11 YPC. 15 total touchdowns. The funny thing is Jake didn't even play that great. Offensive line struggled a little bit early on. He had a 60 yard touchdown called back too.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby october23sp » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:34 am

King James wrote:Miler... 70 carries for 770 yards, 11 YPC. 15 total touchdowns. The funny thing is Jake didn't even play that great. Offensive line struggled a little bit early on. He had a 60 yard touchdown called back too.

His first TD run of the game proves why he is the best running back in the state right now.
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:52 pm

october23sp wrote:
King James wrote:Miler... 70 carries for 770 yards, 11 YPC. 15 total touchdowns. The funny thing is Jake didn't even play that great. Offensive line struggled a little bit early on. He had a 60 yard touchdown called back too.

His first TD run of the game proves why he is the best running back in the state right now.

The was one of the best runs i have ever seen a high school athlete make... he completly stopped on a dime and left about 7 minot players with broken ankles that play... he definently is the real deal
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby 3Putt » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:12 pm

Last week Smith carried 15 times for 274 yards (18.2 yards/carry) and 4 TDs in 3 quarters. This was against an overmatched Kindred team. So why bring it up? Both Smith & Miller seem to be so much better than the competition that stats are a meaningless way to compare the two. They are obviously both excellent high school backs with almost unbelivable numbers. If you have them swap teams, they would probably both be just as successful. Just my two cents.
3Putt
NDPreps Starter

Postby luvsports » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:42 pm

3Putt wrote:Last week Smith carried 15 times for 274 yards (18.2 yards/carry) and 4 TDs in 3 quarters. This was against an overmatched Kindred team. So why bring it up? Both Smith & Miller seem to be so much better than the competition that stats are a meaningless way to compare the two. They are obviously both excellent high school backs with almost unbelivable numbers. If you have them swap teams, they would probably both be just as successful. Just my two cents.

I agree. TIme to put this topic to rest.
luvsports
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:10 pm

i don't see whats wrong with the topic ... its all people stating their opinior and getting information to back up their opinion... isn't that what this website is all about? also since the football season started this topic has gotten the most convorsations out of any in football... i love this topic keep it comein up! i still got miller but smith is really good to
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to AAA