Smith or Miller?

Smith
55%
Miller
45%

Total votes : 53

Re: Smith vs. Miller

Postby luvsports » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:47 pm

Centuryfan is right...injury has to have scared off some schools. Miller will carry the ball 20-30 times tomorrow night...should be fun to watch
luvsports
NDPreps Starter

Postby und52 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:14 pm

I would say that NDSU offering Smith a schalorship is huge. NDSU is the more proven D1 team and can go out and recruite in areas that UND has yet to get into. Right now NDSU has no runningbacks from North Dakota so the fact that they think Smith is better than someone they can find in Texas is a huge sign that he is a good running back. Also, the main difference between Roehl and Dressler was size. Roehl was much bigger and was origanally brought in to play full back, not tailback but he was later switched. I don't believe Miller will get a scholarship from NDSU but UND would be a good fit for him
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
Vince Lombardi
und52
NDPreps Reserve

Postby flatlander » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:03 pm

The only reason guys on message boards know that both UND and USD offered Smith is that he did an interview after giving his verbal and said so. Thorton did the same thing. The only way to know if Miller has offers is from him or his coach. I think he'll get offers and bet that Mary is hoping like crazy that both UND and NDSU back off.
flatlander
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:08 pm

maddogmauer wrote:Miller is a good high school player but would not make a good college player. He is fast but simply does not have the size or frame to put a significant amount of weight on. Smith is also a small guy but he is built like a tank. If NDSU and UND are truly interested in Miller I hope they come to their senses before they offer him anything. However, I do feel like he would be a good fit for a d2 school such as UMary where he wouldn't have so much pressure put on him and he could fully develop his first year or two.

What do you mean wouldn't have pressure on him? You have a better chance of coming in early at playing at Mary than you do at NDSU or UND. A division 1 school gives you a better chance to redshirt and play than a school like Mary. NDSU and UND both would redshirt him, give him a chance to add weight. If anything there is more pressure on him if he goes to a smaller school than UND or NDSU.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby King James » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:58 pm

Jake is smart in school. I dont think school work will effect him at all in football. It doesnt effect a bunch of kids and not a lot of kids playing are very intelligent. That is not a very good arguement. Relationships with teachers at mary aren't even that great. They simply give their lecture for the day and give you the assigment.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby october23sp » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:18 pm

maddogmauer wrote:Miller is a good high school player but would not make a good college player. He is fast but simply does not have the size or frame to put a significant amount of weight on. Smith is also a small guy but he is built like a tank. If NDSU and UND are truly interested in Miller I hope they come to their senses before they offer him anything. However, I do feel like he would be a good fit for a d2 school such as UMary where he wouldn't have so much pressure put on him and he could fully develop his first year or two.

Hahahahaha, this post made me laugh, I'm not comparing Dressler and Miller, but I remember hearing about Dressler being too small to be good at the next level. Haha people who said that were DEAD wrong. Not only could he excel at the next level he excelled at the next next level: The Pros. Say what you want about the CFL but a Rookie of The Year award speaks for itself. Size is a dumb argument. Hugo is a stud.
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

Postby King James » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:05 pm

Jake Miller just showed tonight he is D1 caliber. Gibson finally turned him loose and he went off. He had 7 carries for 148 yards at half with 2 TD's and should have had 3. Coach Gibson please when Jake takes you down to the 1 yard line let him finish it off and get the TD. Don't QB sneak. He had to have finished with 250 yards tonight. If anyone else was at the game i would love to hear some feedback. Some of the cuts he made tonight left south linebackers look foolish. He also suprised me how well he can shrug off the arm tackles. Esley Thorton did a good job tonight just controlling the game and what i love about esley is no matter how talented he is willing to take the back seat to a guy like jake miller if he is having a great night. Everyone probably knows he could complete 15 passes for 200 yards on any given night. The BHS secondary really impressed me. Jolliffe has gotten so much better. Krueger is still very solid. Deyle made a few big plays on fade balls and the new kid Kevin Poitra played really good. The defense did a great job overall. Their weak spot is the O and D line still. They made some holes but jake made a lot of big time plays. The linebackers looked really good as well. Winkles and Skye Miller really fly around out there.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:31 pm

I heard on the news that Ryan Smith had 225 yards rushing tonight with 2 TDs in their 14-13 win over Central Cass
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby unocero14 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:50 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:I heard on the news that Ryan Smith had 225 yards rushing tonight with 2 TDs in their 14-13 win over Central Cass

Doesn't surprise me, but thought he'd have more and thought wahp would walk all over central cass

and miller congrats on your day as well
unocero14
NDPreps Starter

Postby unocero14 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:54 pm

King James wrote:Jake Miller just showed tonight he is D1 caliber. Gibson finally turned him loose and he went off. He had 7 carries for 148 yards at half with 2 TD's and should have had 3. Coach Gibson please when Jake takes you down to the 1 yard line let him finish it off and get the TD. Don't QB sneak. He had to have finished with 250 yards tonight. If anyone else was at the game i would love to hear some feedback. Some of the cuts he made tonight left south linebackers look foolish. He also suprised me how well he can shrug off the arm tackles. Esley Thorton did a good job tonight just controlling the game and what i love about esley is no matter how talented he is willing to take the back seat to a guy like jake miller if he is having a great night. Everyone probably knows he could complete 15 passes for 200 yards on any given night. The BHS secondary really impressed me. Jolliffe has gotten so much better. Krueger is still very solid. Deyle made a few big plays on fade balls and the new kid Kevin Poitra played really good. The defense did a great job overall. Their weak spot is the O and D line still. They made some holes but jake made a lot of big time plays. The linebackers looked really good as well. Winkles and Skye Miller really fly around out there.

Thanks for the whole review...and i heard Miller had 256 yds don't take 6 yds away from you boy. I'm sure Esley did good as well, he's the best all around athlete in the state
unocero14
NDPreps Starter

Postby october23sp » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:17 am

Central Cass is not Fargo South. Jake "Hugo" Miller is the best RB in the state.
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

Postby goteam11 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:59 am

King James wrote:Jake Miller just showed tonight he is D1 caliber. Gibson finally turned him loose and he went off. He had 7 carries for 148 yards at half with 2 TD's and should have had 3. Coach Gibson please when Jake takes you down to the 1 yard line let him finish it off and get the TD. Don't QB sneak. He had to have finished with 250 yards tonight. If anyone else was at the game i would love to hear some feedback. Some of the cuts he made tonight left south linebackers look foolish. He also suprised me how well he can shrug off the arm tackles. Esley Thorton did a good job tonight just controlling the game and what i love about esley is no matter how talented he is willing to take the back seat to a guy like jake miller if he is having a great night. Everyone probably knows he could complete 15 passes for 200 yards on any given night. The BHS secondary really impressed me. Jolliffe has gotten so much better. Krueger is still very solid. Deyle made a few big plays on fade balls and the new kid Kevin Poitra played really good. The defense did a great job overall. Their weak spot is the O and D line still. They made some holes but jake made a lot of big time plays. The linebackers looked really good as well. Winkles and Skye Miller really fly around out there.

Miller finished with 257 yards and three touchdowns, in a little over three quarters of work.
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby goteam11 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:01 am

maddogmauer wrote:
october23sp wrote:Central Cass is not Fargo South. Jake "Hugo" Miller is the best RB in the state.

Ryan smith messes days up. the kid is a one in a billion talent. the fact that you call him hugo means you are good friends with him and everything you say about him is biased and cannot be taken into consideration. smith does not have the o line that miller does and is expected to carry the team on his back. with that kind of pressure i think smith plays extremely well. plus ive heard from guys who have seen him in the showers that he is hung like a effin horse. also miller has a baby weiner.

smith doesnt have the o line miller does? 5 of the 6 lineman for bhs are first year starters.
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby King James » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:35 am

Go to a game and watch how much of it Jake does on his own. The line was a little better than i thought but they are no where near the caliber they were last year.

Millers stats.. 22 carries for 257. 3 Touchdowns. Season stats 43 carries for 452 yards. 10.5 yards per carry. 10 total touchdowns.

Still waiting for stats on Ryan Smith.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby demonation1 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:03 am

Moderators take care of maddogmauer.
peace! :)
demonation1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Deuce » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:45 am

King James wrote:Go to a game and watch how much of it Jake does on his own. The line was a little better than i thought but they are no where near the caliber they were last year.

Millers stats.. 22 carries for 257. 3 Touchdowns. Season stats 43 carries for 452 yards. 10.5 yards per carry. 10 total touchdowns.

I don't know last nights stats but off the top of my head here's Smith's stats for this year. :wink:
124yds 3tds
229yds 3tds
1 Division I scholarship
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby luvsports » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:54 am

demonation1 wrote:Moderators take care of maddogmauer.

I agree. Moderators...did you take the weekend off?
luvsports
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:55 am

luvsports wrote:
demonation1 wrote:Moderators take care of maddogmauer.

I agree. Moderators...did you take the weekend off?

I got it. Sorry...Friday nights we dont just sit on this site hoping someone messes up.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby dillseeds » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:29 pm

Deuce wrote:
King James wrote:Go to a game and watch how much of it Jake does on his own. The line was a little better than i thought but they are no where near the caliber they were last year.

I don't know last nights stats but off the top of my head here's Smith's stats for this year. :wink:
124yds 3tds
229yds 3tds
1 Division I scholarship

haha priceless
dillseeds
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:32 pm

dillseeds wrote:
Deuce wrote:

124yds 3tds
229yds 3tds
1 Division I scholarship

haha priceless

Ryan Smith had 225 yds and 2 TDs on Friday night!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby squeak63 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:56 pm

i would be interested to know how many carries smith has had so far this season...in a close game like last night with the offense they run and the fact that he had 225 yards and they only scored 14 points leads me to guess he had to have had around 40 carries
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby King James » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:30 pm

deuce is hilarious. guarantee that jake gets a D1 offer by the time its all said and done. I actually know who it will be from talking to jake but i cannot release it on this site. if any fargo people traveled to bismarck last night i think they now agree that miller is the better back. Good for smith though keep tearing up that AA division. Would love to see what Jake would do at AA.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:09 pm

King James wrote:deuce is hilarious. guarantee that jake gets a D1 offer by the time its all said and done. I actually know who it will be from talking to jake but i cannot release it on this site. if any fargo people traveled to bismarck last night i think they now agree that miller is the better back. Good for smith though keep tearing up that AA division. Would love to see what Jake would do at AA.

Just throwing this out there, but didn't Smith also tear up that AAA division last season? Just sayin'.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby unocero14 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:59 pm

balla45 wrote:
King James wrote:deuce is hilarious. guarantee that jake gets a D1 offer by the time its all said and done. I actually know who it will be from talking to jake but i cannot release it on this site. if any fargo people traveled to bismarck last night i think they now agree that miller is the better back. Good for smith though keep tearing up that AA division. Would love to see what Jake would do at AA.

Just throwing this out there, but didn't Smith also tear up that AAA division last season? Just sayin'.

Yeah he did and there was more talent in AAA last year then there is this year...just give BHS the trophy already, the closest game they will have is probably minot or century
unocero14
NDPreps Starter

Postby dillseeds » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:06 am

balla45 wrote:

averaged over 200 yards a game if i remember right
dillseeds
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to AAA