Smith or Miller?

Smith
55%
Miller
45%

Total votes : 53

Re: Smith vs. Miller

Postby King James » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:05 pm

If ndsu doesnt want jake their crazy. Smith is one dimensional. He is a down hill runner with speed. Jake is deadly out in the open field. He is good corner back. He can return punts and kicks. He can be a running back if he puts on 15-20 more pounds
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:32 pm

jake also has showed that he can be a very good reciever ....i am not saying smith isn't either but i don't think anyone really knows if he is or not all he does in run the ball 40 times a game
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby flatlander » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:25 pm

Jake Miller did not go to NDSU's camp because he was injured but he did go to UND's camp. Did UND offer Jake? If not, I'm guessing both schools are waiting to see how Jake's senior season turns out. At least UND has gotten Jake on campus. NDSU needs a chance to do that too so they can evaluate him in person. Gotta say, I'm very impressed by Miller's output and versatility and wouldn't use NDSU's offer as proof that Smith is a better HS player - there are still five months left in recruiting season after all.
flatlander
NDPreps Starter

Postby Deuce » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:04 am

I don't think either will play running back for NDSU at 5'7 160. They'll probably change positions like Dressler did. That said Smith if far and away the faster kid. Size matters in DI because there'll be kids just as fast but 40lbs bigger.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:21 am

Smith is getting to 180-185.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby King James » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:38 am

Smith cant play anywhere but running back in college. Smith may be faster on the track but is he faster than jake in football pads? Being fast isn't everything either. Its your explosiveness. I think what colleges are waiting for is if Jake can have a healthy season. He had the ankle problem his soph year. He was healthy all last year untill track season. Heres another thing to think about. This kid is doing everything this year without being able to do much offseason work untill August. If Jake stays healthy throughout football and has a great season which he will and gets that D1 scholarship then I say he drops basketball and track even though he's great at both and i loved playing hoops with him and hes a stud in track. He needs to stay healthy and he cant risk it.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby flatlander » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:47 pm

Deuce wrote:I don't think either will play running back for NDSU at 5'7 160. They'll probably change positions like Dressler did. That said Smith if far and away the faster kid. Size matters in DI because there'll be kids just as fast but 40lbs bigger.

Well, NDSU has a 5'6 156 running back who played as a true freshman last week against Iowa State (3 carries, 53 yards). If Miller and Smith can run with their pads low, either guy could be a feature back. Last year a guy named JaQuizz Rodgers who was listed at 5'7 and 170 destroyed USC's defense. I won't deny that size matters, but it's not everything - heck, there are two 5'11 linebackers from NDSU who are playing on Sundays even though lots of people said they were too short to play linebacker in college.
flatlander
NDPreps Starter

Postby demonation1 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:08 pm

PickSix wrote:Miller is the definition of a Very Good High School Running Back. Smith is the definition of a Great High School Running Back. Smith is tougher to bring down. Smith is faster. Smith has that offer from NDSU. Smith had something liek 2200 yards last year with defenses gameplanning around him.

Stats, such as that 2200 yards though are unfair to Miller considering Bismarck doesnt have starters play in a lot of 3rd and 4th quarters. Miller has to share his yards with other weapons. But I think if you put him on Wahpetons team he wouldnt do what he does now. I think he is the beneficiary of having great talent around him that makes him look better.

Best of Luck to both of these guys (especially Smith, Big Bison fan here!)

okay im starting to get mad. First off WHAT IS SO GOOD ABOUT NDSU!?!?!? i am sick of hearing about how miller didnt get offered-yet. i think-wait-i KNOW that there are better schools for athletics and football then ndsu! c'mon guys.!. and give me one good reason the miller wouldn't be amazing with Wahp. seriously!? give me a break.!
peace! :)
demonation1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby King James » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:52 pm

its the only established D1 school in ND. Whatever im not going to be bothered over the fact that Jake hasn't been offered by NDSU. Smith hasn't proved anything there yet and if he ever does i will applaud him. If jake goes to UND or U mary and is a stud i will applaud him even more. I'm always going to be a big Jake Miller fan.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby flatlander » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:17 am

demonation1 wrote:okay im starting to get mad. First off WHAT IS SO GOOD ABOUT NDSU!?!?!? i am sick of hearing about how miller didnt get offered-yet. i think-wait-i KNOW that there are better schools for athletics and football then ndsu! c'mon guys.!. and give me one good reason the miller wouldn't be amazing with Wahp. seriously!? give me a break.!

Hehe, don't get me started on what's so good about NDSU but, yeah, there are definitely better football schools and if Miller wants to go to one of them (like Qvale going to Nebraska) it would be very cool if he got his chance. Who knows? Maybe Miller has offers in hand from lots of schools and is waiting to decide. I don't think that you can judge a player by who offered him - especially not this early in the process. We won't know who offered Miller until he verbals.
flatlander
NDPreps Starter

Postby Deuce » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:15 am

King James wrote:its the only established D1 school in ND. Whatever im not going to be bothered over the fact that Jake hasn't been offered by NDSU. Smith hasn't proved anything there yet and if he ever does i will applaud him. If jake goes to UND or U mary and is a stud i will applaud him even more. I'm always going to be a big Jake Miller fan.

I never would have guessed you were a big Miller fan if we hadn't been reading about your bromance for the past month :lol:
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby unocero14 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:04 am

Deuce wrote:
King James wrote:its the only established D1 school in ND. Whatever im not going to be bothered over the fact that Jake hasn't been offered by NDSU. Smith hasn't proved anything there yet and if he ever does i will applaud him. If jake goes to UND or U mary and is a stud i will applaud him even more. I'm always going to be a big Jake Miller fan.

I never would have guessed you were a big Miller fan if we hadn't been reading about your bromance for the past month :lol:

I agree
unocero14
NDPreps Starter

Postby UND9296 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:17 am

Just curious, does Donte Smart compare to either Smith or Miller in terms of being a college prospect? I know he's fast judging by last year's state track meet results. I don't think there's much difference between he and Smith in terms of speed, so I'm wondering whether he also may have pretty good potential as a college player?
UND9296
NDPreps Starter

Postby Deuce » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:47 am

Smart is a lot like Smith and Miller in both speed and size. Gefroh from Red River is a guy I think would have a lot of potential. 6' 200 lbs and was 5th at state in the 100m and 6th in the 200m.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby King James » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:50 am

Bromance? uncero is easily my least favorite person on this site now. last year it was the south kids but now it is you. i havent once said anything sexual about me and jake miller. i have stated why he is a better player than ryan smith. i have never had any disrespect towards ryan smith either he is a good football player. jake miller is a better one.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby Deuce » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:01 pm

You need an urban dictionary. There's nothing sexual about bromance.

Bromance
-noun
1. A non-sexual relationship between two men that are unusually close.

verb -mans-ing
1. The act of wooing a fellow male friend for the purpose of becoming closer.
2. Going to unusual lengths in an attempt to become closer with another male friend.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby King James » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:19 pm

your hilarious. this is a football topic not a homo bromo sexual topic. smith may tear it up in AA this year against all the great competition it has to offer. miller is going to do it against the best. state championship he made the the play that sealed the deal picking off the hook and ladder. he is a multi dimensional player. smith is a running back that ndsu likes. they like the stout low to the ground running backs (tyler roehl) maybe und will offer jake a player with similar qualities to weston dressler. jake is a better high school running back we will have to see about college
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:37 pm

Let's get the topic back to football and away from this bromance romance that no one wants to read about. If you want to throw out personal insults, use the personal message function.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby greatbambino » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:48 pm

King James wrote:your hilarious. this is a football topic not a homo bromo sexual topic. smith may tear it up in AA this year against all the great competition it has to offer. miller is going to do it against the best. state championship he made the the play that sealed the deal picking off the hook and ladder. he is a multi dimensional player. smith is a running back that ndsu likes. they like the stout low to the ground running backs (tyler roehl) maybe und will offer jake a player with similar qualities to weston dressler. jake is a better high school running back we will have to see about college

did you just compare jake miller to tyler roehl? go over to the ndsu forums and see how much discussion there is about jake miller. there is zero to none.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby King James » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:06 pm

can you read? i said jake miller has similar qualities to weston dressler
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby unocero14 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:32 pm

King James wrote:can you read? i said jake miller has similar qualities to weston dressler

Go to UND's website see how much they talk about Miller
unocero14
NDPreps Starter

Postby luvsports » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:40 am

Can NDSU and/or UND say anything about Miller? I highly doubt it.

I hope he goes out and tears up South's defense tomorrow night...look for the run all night long!
luvsports
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:51 am

I was thinking about that. Aren't NCAA coaches barred from commenting on recruits/prospective players, until they have signed? If we are going purely off of what is said on message boards, one would assume it is basically people and alumni from UND or NDSU, but not anyone actually involved in the program, or am I completely off base here?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby UND9296 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:12 am

balla45 wrote:I was thinking about that. Aren't NCAA coaches barred from commenting on recruits/prospective players, until they have signed? If we are going purely off of what is said on message boards, one would assume it is basically people and alumni from UND or NDSU, but not anyone actually involved in the program, or am I completely off base here?

That is correct. You'll likely see a lot of message board chatter about Smith, because he's verbally committed so NDSU fans are naturally going to follow his season closely. I certainly wouldn't assume anything about Miller's recruitment based upon message boards, since very few fans really know exactly who a particular school is recruiting at this point.
UND9296
NDPreps Starter

Postby centuryfan » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:43 pm

I have a reason why Smith would be a better college prospect. Injury. Jake has had multiple problems with injury in the past imagine what would happen if he were carrying the ball 30 times a game like smith is.
centuryfan
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to AAA