Thorton commits to NDSU

The teams in Class AAA

Thorton commits to NDSU

Postby MinotBison » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:02 pm

The Bison got a good one, as Esley Thorton just verballed to them.
MinotBison
NDPreps Starter

Re: Thorton commits to NDSU

Postby Ballingman » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:50 pm

I know esley personnaly...
4 A.M we ran a miracle mile
Ballingman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Thirty » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:50 pm

Ballingman wrote:I know esley personnaly...

Is that a confirmation?
Thirty
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:16 am

Completely legit. Esley will be a stud. Great pick up for the Bison. Good luck to both.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby inky » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:09 pm

Esley Fox my bro is the 2nd best QB in the WDC behind Alex Hanson, my bad brah
Favrein to Harvin!
inky
NDPreps Starter

Postby Favrefan4ever » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:20 pm

inky wrote:Esley Fox my bro is the 2nd best QB in the WDC behind Alex Hanson, my bad brah

this is not a smart comment
although hanson is good Thorton is a much better quarterback
which is why NDSU offered him
NDSU got a good one with thorton and they need a QB although mertens looked decent in the first game
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"-Steve Prefontaine
Favrefan4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby King James » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:24 pm

Let esley throw the ball 25 times a game and lets see what he can do. Esley is on a different level then hanson
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby Thirty » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:37 pm

King James wrote:Let esley throw the ball 25 times a game and lets see what he can do. Esley is on a different level then hanson

Surround Alex with state-championship-winning-caliber players, so that teams can't just focus on him, and lets see what he can do. Alex is on a different level than Thorton
Thirty
NDPreps Starter

Postby greatbambino » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:00 pm

Thirty wrote:
King James wrote:Let esley throw the ball 25 times a game and lets see what he can do. Esley is on a different level then hanson

Surround Alex with state-championship-winning-caliber players, so that teams can't just focus on him, and lets see what he can do. Alex is on a different level than Thorton

he will be on a different level next year, playing for ___________(insert in-state NAIA/DII school here).
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby brownbomber » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:21 pm

greatbambino wrote:
Thirty wrote:

he will be on a different level next year, playing for ___________(insert in-state NAIA/DII school here).

haha if hes such a great player he would do great no matter what there are a bunch of guys who had/have that problem hahaha
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Thirty » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:23 pm

brownbomber wrote:
greatbambino wrote:
Thirty wrote:

haha if hes such a great player he would do great no matter what there are a bunch of guys who had/have that problem hahaha

hahahaha I was just using a counter example to prove a point hahahahahaha I never said that he can't work with what he has hahahaha
Thirty
NDPreps Starter

Postby King James » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:48 pm

Williston had the best O line in the state and the best recievers. What else does he need to do to look good and get a D1 offer. Joe Hanstad hasn't won anything in basketball and isn't surrounded by much talent but he's going to be a big time d1 player. Same with Dufault.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby Thirty » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:58 pm

King James wrote:Williston had the best O line in the state and the best recievers. What else does he need to do to look good and get a D1 offer. Joe Hanstad hasn't won anything in basketball and isn't surrounded by much talent but he's going to be a big time d1 player. Same with Dufault.

Personally, I though that BHS O line was way better than Williston's last year, and I think that other teams' were better too. Williston had the biggest, but Hanson had to do quite a bit of scrambling. He did have an amazing receiving crew, but that still let defenses focus completely on the passing game. And you're right that that isn't any excuse, a good player is a good player. I think that Hanson should get more credit than he has gotten though, I don't see any reason why NDSU would offer to Thorton and not even look at Hanson, I don't think Esley is head and shoulders above Hanson
Thirty
NDPreps Starter

Postby King James » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:04 pm

Hes a freak athlete, throws on the run very well, hes a lot stronger than people give him credit for, and hes got tremondous upside.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:24 pm

Thirty wrote:
King James wrote:Williston had the best O line in the state and the best recievers. What else does he need to do to look good and get a D1 offer. Joe Hanstad hasn't won anything in basketball and isn't surrounded by much talent but he's going to be a big time d1 player. Same with Dufault.

Personally, I though that BHS O line was way better than Williston's last year, and I think that other teams' were better too. Williston had the biggest, but Hanson had to do quite a bit of scrambling. He did have an amazing receiving crew, but that still let defenses focus completely on the passing game. And you're right that that isn't any excuse, a good player is a good player. I think that Hanson should get more credit than he has gotten though, I don't see any reason why NDSU would offer to Thorton and not even look at Hanson, I don't think Esley is head and shoulders above Hanson

i honestly don't get why williston couldn't pound people in the run last year they had such a good passing game and they had IMO the 2 best tackles in the league and probably the best TE in the league... keep in mind their running back went to play at a school who is going to be D2 in a coulple of years... I believe williston is probably the most guys playing college football this year out of any team from the west... i can't think of another west team that more guys playing at the next level now... and those 2 tackles i was talking about both would have been playing as true freshmen in D1 and D2 ... i just can't see how they couldn't run the ball
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby october23sp » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:32 pm

King James wrote:Hes a freak athlete, throws on the run very well, hes a lot stronger than people give him credit for, and hes got tremondous upside.

Tremendous backside too. :wink:
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

Postby unocero14 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:27 am

He's just an all out athlete...one of the reasons is god gave him a left arm, a dang strong one too.
unocero14
NDPreps Starter

Postby und52 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:02 pm

Hanson is a good quarterback, but i think that Thorton has more room to develop in the future and that is why NDSU probably offered him... and he is a pretty good athlete
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
Vince Lombardi
und52
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Stallng » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:12 am

und52 wrote:Hanson is a good quarterback, but i think that Thorton has more room to develop in the future and that is why NDSU probably offered him... and he is a pretty good athlete

Hanson dont get the exposure Thornton gets, give Hanson some room to develop, Pocket Passer, reads defense and can run. AND HE CAN PASS.
Stallng
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby eggman » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:11 pm

Stallng wrote:
und52 wrote:Hanson is a good quarterback, but i think that Thorton has more room to develop in the future and that is why NDSU probably offered him... and he is a pretty good athlete

Hanson dont get the exposure Thornton gets, give Hanson some room to develop, Pocket Passer, reads defense and can run. AND HE CAN PASS.

Thank you Mr. Miles
eggman

Postby goteam11 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:28 pm

Stallng wrote:

What is there like 12 teams in AAA football? i think they get pretty much the same exposure. What makes hanson more of a pocket passer than thorton? theres no way he reads the defense better, hanson had more picks against a very bad jamestown team than esley has had all year. i think they have about the same running ability. AND HE CAN PASS????? Thorton, by far, has the best arm in the state, and is also the most accurate, in the pocket or on the run.
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby janobilly20 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:00 pm

thorton will not succeed at NDSU. I have no idea why they offered him anything. This is D1 football we're talking about. Look at past ND hs stars to play there; luke senger dominated hs but now he no longer plays, zach wentz is the best hs qb ND has seen and he wasnt even good enough to play, and josh horner who averaged something like 20 yards a carry at south, has trouble trying to take snaps as a back up on the practice squad. This is a whole other level we are talking about, one where thorton wont last long
janobilly20
NDPreps Reserve

Postby King James » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:11 pm

You can't compare him to senger he is a different position. Wentz didn't stick it out. Did he even try it for a full year? Wentz would probably have had success. Esley is a different QB than Wentz as well. Esley is quicker and better out of the pocket. Esley is also a very capable defensive back. And you can't say Wentz is the best QB because Century threw the ball thirty times a game to over rated players like Dane Vanderpan. Where BHS runs the ball 25-30 times a game, besides the GFC game where they worked on there no huddle offense the whole game. I will say this if Wentz isn't the QB at Century in 2008 all his wide recievers except Schossler don't get any exposure.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby Riders00 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:19 pm

Wentz the best qb ND has ever seen? Seriously?
Off the top of my head Brooks Bollinger, Kevin Feeney, Jake Landry, and at least one Cichy are all above Wentz and Thorton is better as well.
Riders00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby flatlander » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:25 pm

Zach Wentz was asked to walk-on at NDSU but decided to concentrate on baseball before fall camp. I think he made that decision before fall camp even started. He's a great baseball player and being a DI QB takes a lot of time.

(this is going to get long but it's kind of interesting). Here's a list of ND kids Coach Bohl has signed:

Graduted: Roehl, Wurzbacher, Jangula, Belquist, and Harrington (5 starters, 4 all conference, 3 NFL camps).
Seniors: Keith Buckman, Matt Kittelson, Josh Lee (2 starters, Lee never got academically eligible)
Juniors: Matt Anderson, Michael Arndt, Landon Smith, Lee Vandal (all play, 2 starters)
Sophomores: Austin Richard, Luke Senger (1 starter, 1 transfer)
Redshirt Freshmen: Josh Horner, Austin Vetter (both playing)
True freshmen: Brandon Jemison, Ryan Drevlow, and Andrew Grothman (1 starting, 2 redshirts)

So, of all the ND guys Coach Bohl has signed, one transferred and one didn't cut it academically. That's pretty good evaluation, I'd say.
flatlander
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to AAA