Top Linemen in Each Conference

The teams in Class AAA

Top Linemen in Each Conference

Postby squeak63 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:16 am

I am a linemen guy so who are going to be the top linemen (offense and defense) in each conference?
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Re: Top Linemen in Each Conference

Postby Thirty » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:52 pm

Probably not the best linemen in the conference, but I thought it might be worth mentioning that next year's line for Williston has been working hard this off-season and could be pretty good if they keep it up
Thirty
NDPreps Starter

Postby jtdc492 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:08 am

Who will Century have on the line this coming fall?
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby bluecrush579 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:44 am

Byron Kropp from jamestown should be an absolute force on the field this year. hes 5'6 175 and just a dude. he some time late in the games last year but has been working hard this off season. if every thing goes decent he should be a first team all state line men.this kid is for real he eat drinks and sleeps football.
bluecrush579
NDPreps Reserve

Postby squeak63 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:28 am

bluecrush579 wrote:Byron Kropp from jamestown should be an absolute force on the field this year. hes 5'6 175 and just a dude. he some time late in the games last year but has been working hard this off season. if every thing goes decent he should be a first team all state line men.this kid is for real he eat drinks and sleeps football.

its really interesting how you can provide insight on a player who you have know clue who he is .... Brain Krapp (who i am guessing your talking about) is a 5'10" 160 pound linemen... i find it hard to believe that he has lost 4 inches and gained 15 pounds over the winter
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby centuryfan » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:26 pm

squeak63 wrote:
bluecrush579 wrote:Byron Kropp from jamestown should be an absolute force on the field this year. hes 5'6 175 and just a dude. he some time late in the games last year but has been working hard this off season. if every thing goes decent he should be a first team all state line men.this kid is for real he eat drinks and sleeps football.

its really interesting how you can provide insight on a player who you have know clue who he is .... Brain Krapp (who i am guessing your talking about) is a 5'10" 160 pound linemen... i find it hard to believe that he has lost 4 inches and gained 15 pounds over the winter
Don't forget the infamous lines of Kevin Garnet, " Anything is possible".
centuryfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Jarudy » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:41 pm

West Fargo's offensive line will have an average weight of about ~250 next year with some decent speed and good strength
D line will be something that will be kind of interesting, the ends will be good and we have some big guys to take up the inside, but we need to find out who our best players are
Jarudy
NDPreps Starter

Postby bluecrush579 » Sun May 03, 2009 1:10 pm

oh the things u dont know about byron kropp
bluecrush579
NDPreps Reserve

Postby footballfan21 » Thu May 07, 2009 8:18 pm

how many linemen does bhs have coming back?
footballfan21
NDPreps Rookie

Postby squeak63 » Fri May 08, 2009 9:36 am

footballfan21 wrote:how many linemen does bhs have coming back?

1 and a half... shawn jenner started at left tackle for them and Jonny Feist started about 3/4 of the season for them at center before going down with a knee injury.... my guess is jenner and nick nelson(starting nose gaurd) will be the tackles... feist or dan dafinrude (jr.) will be center and/or one of the gaurds... and then the other spot is toss up.... i also wouldn't be suprised if nelson ended up at gaurd... gibson likes having guys start young at that position but i think he has to work on his foot speed and cordination a little bit before he will be an effective puller... also tight end which is basically another linemen for BHS could be Mack Keller who started at JV all of last year... he is athletic tall and strong and i believe has some pass catching ability which i know gibson would love out of his tight end.... i believe in the past 3 years (starting) tight ends have probably had no more then 3 catches in the 3 years combined so i am sure if gibson could get someone who can block at that position and still have some ability to catch the ball he would be thrilled... just another person who you have to cover if your a defense playing bismarck high who already has a lot of weapons.
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball4life » Fri May 08, 2009 11:13 pm

Not too familiar with AAA football, but i would think Wyatt Zeitz and Aaron Brentrupp out of Minot should be solid next year.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby footballfan21 » Sat May 09, 2009 6:06 pm

so they wont be as good as they were last year then? or do they have a chance at being a typical BHS line and open big holes for miller?
footballfan21
NDPreps Rookie

Postby squeak63 » Sat May 09, 2009 7:38 pm

footballfan21 wrote:so they wont be as good as they were last year then? or do they have a chance at being a typical BHS line and open big holes for miller?

hard to say... a lot of young unproven guys coming in... last year they had there core of karel and klein coming back 2 guys who have already been through the war... this year they are more unproven but have the talent to be pretty good
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby blue92 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:20 am

squeak63 you sound pretty big headed about your team already. It's a new year new players filling spots anthing can happen
blue92
NDPreps Rookie

Postby squeak63 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:44 am

blue92 wrote:squeak63 you sound pretty big headed about your team already. It's a new year new players filling spots anthing can happen

ok now your getting under my skin... what about my post is big headed??? i was stating that bhs has a lot of unproven guys who havent been in the war yet other then jenner and feist... like i said they are unproven but i believe have the talent to succeed nothing about that is being "big headed" i never went out and said something like bhs's young guys are so good and gonna dominate everyone... i honestly don't believe that... i think it will take them at least 2 maybe 3 or 4 games untill they start coming together as a unit and even give themselves a chance to look good... by no means am i being big headed
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby blue92 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:42 pm

well i obviously misunderstood that and i'm sorry but i was going off of what you said about bhs having alot of weapons when the have klein, thorton, and miller.
blue92
NDPreps Rookie

Postby King James » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:32 pm

Klein graduated blue. He was a weapon at bhs though. BHS has the 2 best offensive weapons. Miller and Thorton. And then Krueger who is a big time play maker. I guarantee if Jake is healthy he has a better year than last year no matter how talented their line ends up being. Hes better than Ryan Smith too. Just wanna point that out.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby SouthPlaya72 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:11 pm

How is he better then ryan smith if ryan just commented to NDSU? Certainly i dont think NDSU thinks Jake is better then Ryan or he would be the one going to NDSU...Just saying man
SouthPlaya72
NDPreps Reserve

Postby King James » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:45 pm

Smith gets the ball way more than jake and gets to play the whole game because wahpeton hardly ever blew anyone out and and bhs had almost every game won by haltime. Smith was also at the NDSU camp while Jake was out with a hip injury. Otherwise i would put good money on it that Jake would have gotten that offer. I guarantee the only reason NDSU is questioning offering him is because he has had injuries in the past. If Jake can stay healthy this year and show everyone he is a stud even with out a great offensive line he will get good colleges looking at him.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:03 pm

Not sure when the NDSU camp was, but Smith had already been offered during track season.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:18 am

King James wrote:Smith gets the ball way more than jake and gets to play the whole game because wahpeton hardly ever blew anyone out and and bhs had almost every game won by haltime. Smith was also at the NDSU camp while Jake was out with a hip injury. Otherwise i would put good money on it that Jake would have gotten that offer. I guarantee the only reason NDSU is questioning offering him is because he has had injuries in the past. If Jake can stay healthy this year and show everyone he is a stud even with out a great offensive line he will get good colleges looking at him.

I don't read a lot of the AAA threads, but in the last two I have, all you do is make excuses for Miller. In the other thread you say, "He gets no love from big schools because he is under sized." Now that another small back has verballed to NDSU, you find another excuse, injury. ball45 seems to think Smith had the offer before NDSU camp. Is it possible NDSU just thought Smith was better?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby King James » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:54 am

Flip ive seen both of them play and im stating my opinion. I strongly think Jake is a better running back.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:56 am

http://www2.bhs.bismarck.k12.nd.us/athl ... dtrack.htm

Scroll down to April 18th. Wahpeton standout Smith has Division One football options. The article is archived, but is says UND and NDSU offered him.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:31 pm

King James wrote:Flip ive seen both of them play and im stating my opinion. I strongly think Jake is a better running back.

Fair enough.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ballingman » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:53 pm

King James wrote:Flip ive seen both of them play and im stating my opinion. I strongly think Jake is a better running back.

Foolish... Michael Oberlander
4 A.M we ran a miracle mile
Ballingman
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to AAA