goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Re: Best skill position players in the state

Postby squeak63 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:14 am

goteam11 wrote:RB: Jake Miller
QB: Esley thornton, Alex Hanson
WR: Jordan Piatz, Garret Jacobs, Calvin Krueger

agree? disagree?

Bruce govig and Nick Joliffe.... Bruce is more of the guy who will play anywhere RB,FB,TE,WR he is very strong and very athletic... he is one of those guys who could probably suceed at every position in high school football on both sides of the ball (other then QB). Nick plays Safety and Wide Reciever he has very good hands and runs very good routes... on most teams he would be one of those stand out players mith huge stats at reciever but with all the threats bismarck has on offense (jake miller and 3 or 4 above average recievers and the best QB in the state throwing to them) he wont have the huge stats he would if he was playing somewhere like jamestown or williston. All in all if he stays injury free I think he is gonna be one of the better skill position players in the west.
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby footballfan21 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:22 pm

i personally dont think that Hanson will put up the numbers that he did last year. didnt he lose his top to recievers and mostly all of his O line?
footballfan21
NDPreps Rookie

Postby goteam11 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:09 pm

footballfan21 wrote:i personally dont think that Hanson will put up the numbers that he did last year. didnt he lose his top to recievers and mostly all of his O line?

i agree. i dont think he will put up the numbers from last year. but that doesnt necessarily mean that he isnt one of the best skill players. however far the get next year will be because of him.
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby BOB SAGET! » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:08 am

The only person returning for the offensive side is Hanson
BOB SAGET!
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Jarudy » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 pm

footballfan21 wrote:i personally dont think that Hanson will put up the numbers that he did last year. didnt he lose his top to recievers and mostly all of his O line?

Last time I checked, "skilled" positions were under the offensive lines' ownership.
Jarudy
NDPreps Starter

Postby footballfan21 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:18 pm

well granted all skill players need an offensive line to do anything. but what about from the east? do they have anyone that will prob put up some big stats?
footballfan21
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Thirty » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:53 pm

Are Schnabel(sp) and MacDougal(sp) from North coming back next season?
Thirty
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:22 pm

Thirty wrote:Are Schnabel(sp) and MacDougal(sp) from North coming back next season?

No they were both seniors
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby bluecrush579 » Sat May 02, 2009 3:26 pm

footballfan21 wrote:well granted all skill players need an offensive line to do anything. but what about from the east? do they have anyone that will prob put up some big stats?

JORDAN PIATZ
bluecrush579
NDPreps Reserve

Postby footballfan21 » Thu May 07, 2009 8:16 pm

from what i hear piatz is alright but nothing special tho. Isn't he only like 5'10 or something like that? and i'm not sayin you cant be good at that height but it definately isnt as easy as being taller like skateland was or jacobs from century is. and is he even that fast?
footballfan21
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bluecrush579 » Mon May 11, 2009 5:56 pm

footballfan21 wrote:from what i hear piatz is alright but nothing special tho. Isn't he only like 5'10 or something like that? and i'm not sayin you cant be good at that height but it definately isnt as easy as being taller like skateland was or jacobs from century is. and is he even that fast?

Obviously you have never played against or even seen Piatz play. I don't think you get ever coach in the state to vote for you for all-state if your not something special. He was in double coverage all year long and still had as many yards and TD's as he did. He is something special.
bluecrush579
NDPreps Reserve

Postby squeak63 » Wed May 13, 2009 9:59 am

bluecrush579 wrote:
footballfan21 wrote:from what i hear piatz is alright but nothing special tho. Isn't he only like 5'10 or something like that? and i'm not sayin you cant be good at that height but it definately isnt as easy as being taller like skateland was or jacobs from century is. and is he even that fast?

Obviously you have never played against or even seen Piatz play. I don't think you get ever coach in the state to vote for you for all-state if your not something special. He was in double coverage all year long and still had as many yards and TD's as he did. He is something special.

Don't get me wrong on this he is a really good player but something special is a little bit of an overstatement.... Weston Dressler, Tyler Rohl, Greg Eslinger.... those were special players
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby goteam11 » Sun May 17, 2009 11:24 am

squeak63 wrote:
bluecrush579 wrote:

Don't get me wrong on this he is a really good player but something special is a little bit of an overstatement.... Weston Dressler, Tyler Rohl, Greg Eslinger.... those were special players

agree.
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby ballernation » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:05 pm

i feel sorry for alex hanson next year.... he will seriously be the entire offense... if any one else even scores a TD, it will be an accident that they did.
ballernation
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mutumbo says no » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:22 pm

Jake Miller is a dude. Everybody better watch out.
Mutumbo says no
NDPreps Rookie

Postby KyleJRM » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:45 pm

I'd wait until Williston's new starters get a chance to play before I throw them under the bus. This is high school, everybody loses a lot to graduation and turns over the starters every year or two.

I'm very curious as to whether they will end up sticking with the spread offense this year.
KyleJRM
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ballingman » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:50 pm

Bruce Govig... Hands down
4 A.M we ran a miracle mile
Ballingman
NDPreps Starter

Return to AAA