Red River Conference

The teams in Class AAA

Red River Conference

Postby some random person » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:58 pm

we all know that south is splitting.. if WF splits i think that there could be a conference just for the cities along the river. you would have south, davies, north, WF, WF(whatever the new one would be called) GFRR, GFC, and Wahpeton.. that would make things better for fans to drive up and down I-29
some random person
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Red River Conference

Postby P4KNBD » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:55 pm

first of all wahpeton is not even going to be in AAA next year....this is a bad idea
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby BigRed22 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:31 pm

well thats still 7 teams just as many as last years edc.
BigRed22
NDPreps Reserve

Postby P4KNBD » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:21 pm

i think people can just man up a little bit and drive
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jarudy » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:49 pm

P4KNBD wrote:i think people can just man up a little bit and drive

Yeah, its just a blast playing a game after a 3 hour bus ride, not
But no to a Red River conference, the East will be sub par til they get numbers back after they split
Jarudy
NDPreps Starter

Postby 10thousandfists2 » Fri May 01, 2009 9:29 am

i don't know what the big deal is..its like fargo against grand forks
10thousandfists2
NDPreps Rookie

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue May 12, 2009 7:19 pm

Yeah but if you make a conference like this it's still bad if not worse for a majority of the rest of the state. Thinking of cross state travel in North Dakota just makes me want to sleep, we don't exactly have the most interesting scenery around these parts.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Mon May 25, 2009 4:43 am

How is this much different than the '09 EDC? To me it doesn't seem like much of a change.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby dewey11 » Tue May 26, 2009 9:27 pm

Jarudy wrote:

But no to a Red River conference, the East will be sub par til they get numbers back after they split
It's 3 hours from Bismarck to Williston.
dewey11
NDPreps Starter

Postby papabutch74 » Thu May 28, 2009 2:29 pm

dewey11 wrote:
Jarudy wrote:

its actually 4-5 depending on the way you take.. and this is a dumb idea.. if its just those fargo and grand forks school in the red river conference, then itd be bhs chs williston minot jamestown and dickinson in a conference and when jamestown would play williston thats a good 6-7 hour drive, i think how the conferences are going to be set up in 09 is the right way to do things and it should stay that way
papabutch74
NDPreps Starter

Postby some random person » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:07 pm

papabutch74 wrote:
dewey11 wrote:
Jarudy wrote:

its actually 4-5 depending on the way you take.. and this is a dumb idea.. if its just those fargo and grand forks school in the red river conference, then itd be bhs chs williston minot jamestown and dickinson in a conference and when jamestown would play williston thats a good 6-7 hour drive, i think how the conferences are going to be set up in 09 is the right way to do things and it should stay that way

do you really think that jamestown can even compete with williston minot bhs century dickenson or minot? i think they should be in AA.. that would solve your 6-7 hour drive right there and devils lake is further west than jamestown (although not by much) they can somewhat compete with the teams mentioned above, they could take the place of jamestown.
some random person
NDPreps Reserve

Postby papabutch74 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:29 pm

some random person wrote:
papabutch74 wrote:
dewey11 wrote:
Jarudy wrote:

do you really think that jamestown can even compete with williston minot bhs century dickenson or minot? i think they should be in AA.. that would solve your 6-7 hour drive right there and devils lake is further west than jamestown (although not by much) they can somewhat compete with the teams mentioned above, they could take the place of jamestown.

this year i believe jamestown made it what.. to the quarterfinals? or was it the play-in game? but still.. dickinson went 0-9 this year.. i dont know what the story is there.. but it happened and devils lake might be a good team.. but im guessing youre from there if youre trying to compair them to a AAA team?
papabutch74
NDPreps Starter

Postby King James » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:41 pm

Jarudy wrote:

I dont think a lot of kids mind the 3 hour bus ride. I think they like getting out of school as much as possible.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby Thirty » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:23 pm

King James wrote:
Jarudy wrote:

I dont think a lot of kids mind the 3 hour bus ride. I think they like getting out of school as much as possible.

Sometimes its a bit ridiculous though. Last season, there was a week when I had 2 trips to Bismarck and 1 to Fargo, and I live in Williston, so, thats like 30 hours of riding on a bus, needless to say, it got old.
Thirty
NDPreps Starter

Postby some random person » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:04 pm

King James wrote:
Jarudy wrote:

yeah cause there is so much to look at driving up 1-29 and taking rural highways.... not to mention most schools have to sit in school busses so yeah totally worth the time of the athletes to drive 3 hours to the middle of nowhere, beat up DL for a couple hours, and drive back another three hours in a school bus and getting home at about 11 or midnight, only to have to be up in 7 hours for school...... totally worth it...
some random person
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:50 pm

some random person wrote:we all know that south is splitting.. if WF splits i think that there could be a conference just for the cities along the river. you would have south, davies, north, WF, WF(whatever the new one would be called) GFRR, GFC, and Wahpeton.. that would make things better for fans to drive up and down I-29

When does the Davies school open and begin to compete in athletics?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:41 am

Flip wrote:
some random person wrote:we all know that south is splitting.. if WF splits i think that there could be a conference just for the cities along the river. you would have south, davies, north, WF, WF(whatever the new one would be called) GFRR, GFC, and Wahpeton.. that would make things better for fans to drive up and down I-29

When does the Davies school open and begin to compete in athletics?

They will field a soph team this year and then the year after will compete as a varsity. The following year is when the school opens.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:56 pm

Just so I'm clear
09-10 Sophmore team
10-11 Varsity team
11-12 School opens

This is all sports or just football?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:41 pm

All sports except for a couple that do not have soph teams in which they will try to field a JV team this year.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to AAA