Top teams in WDA next year

The teams in Class AAA

Top teams in WDA next year

Postby fightingsioux » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:11 pm

My top three would be Bismarck, Century and Mandan (Mandan has alot of upcoming talent)
fightingsioux
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Top teams in WDA next year

Postby of course » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:53 pm

1.bhs-with thorton miller winkles jollif everyone basically haha they will roll
2.willi-hansen will carry them
3.century-Jacobs hand down best reciever in the state but only if they have a ligit qb to come in and from what i see not alot of hope there
4.dicky-kovacs didnt do well but should improve..lupo
5-jamestown-have piatz and sinner but nothing really else
of course
NDPreps Reserve

Postby squeak63 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:56 pm

fightingsioux wrote:My top three would be Bismarck, Century and Mandan (Mandan has alot of upcoming talent)

it kinda not cool for football now because of the teams dropping out.. in all cases i have bismarck winning it all.... the only positions that they are losing guys is offensive and defensive lines and lets face it coach gibson will find or make ofensive and defensive linemen somehow... he always does!
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:06 pm

of course wrote:1.bhs-with thorton miller winkles jollif everyone basically haha they will roll
3.century-Jacobs hand down best reciever in the state but only if they have a ligit qb to come in and from what i see not alot of hope there

jamestown is in the east next year and you can argue that Kruger is the best receiver in the state... either way with guys like jacobs, piatz, govig, kruger, jolliffe and miller out of the backfeild there probably will be even more passing yards seen this season around the state then in the past and only time will tell who comes out on top for yards gained... i would say piatz because i haven't heard of any other real threat that jamestown might have other then him where as the other guys have all kinds of play makers on their teams, also willi is going to have to find some kind of recieving core in order to be succesful... does anyone know of someone who might step up as a go to guy for williston at reciever?
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Thirty » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:51 pm

squeak63 wrote:
of course wrote:1.bhs-with thorton miller winkles jollif everyone basically haha they will roll

jamestown is in the east next year and you can argue that Kruger is the best receiver in the state... either way with guys like jacobs, piatz, govig, kruger, jolliffe and miller out of the backfeild there probably will be even more passing yards seen this season around the state then in the past and only time will tell who comes out on top for yards gained... i would say piatz because i haven't heard of any other real threat that jamestown might have other then him where as the other guys have all kinds of play makers on their teams, also willi is going to have to find some kind of recieving core in order to be succesful... does anyone know of someone who might step up as a go to guy for williston at reciever?

Next year the starting receivers are probably going to be Derek Opperud, who got quite a bit of varsity time this last season, and Nick Schoedel, who was out with a broken femur this last season. Those two are going to be seniors. Juniors that will rotate in (or perhaps start) will be Marcus Fearing, Brady Lysne, and Alix Pederson. I've heard rumors that Pederson might be moving to Minot though, i'm not sure if that is true or not, so, ya... Probably not as good of a receiving crew as last year, but they're solid.
Thirty
NDPreps Starter

Postby magifootball » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:41 am

Dont wanna sound cocky or anything cause i play for Minot. But dont count us out if i remeber right we won the WDA in 06 and 07 and tied for second last year and we r returning pretty much our whole OL but 2 people but we have kids that can take over those postions that already have varsity experiance and the line is led by returning all-state lineman Zietz and we have Smart returning in the backfield and Hoffman at wide reciver. And if r coach finally relizes Summerville is not good at QB and puts in one of the other kids. which we got a new kid from texas to play QB and some kids that will be juniors next year that have great potentiall. The only things we really have to replace is Larson and Bickle on D which will be hard. And our coach will find ways to win games.
magifootball
NDPreps Rookie

Postby P4KNBD » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:15 am

yes hanson is really good. but ive heard out of williston that hansons class is not very talented, not like last years at least. without a good line that will block or recievers that are fast and can catch its really hard to win. i dont think hanson can carry the team to the playoffs
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:13 pm

P4KNBD wrote:yes hanson is really good. but ive heard out of williston that hansons class is not very talented, not like last years at least. without a good line that will block or recievers that are fast and can catch its really hard to win. i dont think hanson can carry the team to the playoffs

one thing i will be interested to see with hanson is how he does with a little bit of presure... Lets face is with jorgenson and qvale a takles hanson had all day to throw the ball ... it still takes talent to put up the numbers he had but having a lot of time will help out a lot... i think he will do just fine with less time he is a pretty good runner and should be able to buy himself time when the pocket breaks down
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby thejoker » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:21 pm

squeak63 wrote:
P4KNBD wrote:yes hanson is really good. but ive heard out of williston that hansons class is not very talented, not like last years at least. without a good line that will block or recievers that are fast and can catch its really hard to win. i dont think hanson can carry the team to the playoffs

one thing i will be interested to see with hanson is how he does with a little bit of presure... Lets face is with jorgenson and qvale a takles hanson had all day to throw the ball ... it still takes talent to put up the numbers he had but having a lot of time will help out a lot... i think he will do just fine with less time he is a pretty good runner and should be able to buy himself time when the pocket breaks down

With Williston losing all five lineman, I think it will be a long year for Hanson. They also lost the top 2 or 3 receivers, starting RB, and 2 tight ends.
thejoker
NDPreps Starter

Postby Shanny69 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:44 pm

yeah hanson will have his hands full next year they have no OL or DL returning starters, and all the younger linemen got very little playing time last year cause this years senior class filled the bench on linemen, i was one of them. our coaches were really stuck on playing or big guys for almost all the game i replaced brent at nose and i probly only got 2-8 mins in on all our games depending on the score. there is only a few guys coming up that might step up and fill teh spots.I might spell them wrong, Allen Geltell, Casey Dyer, Eric Johnson at DE. and a few more but as for WR Derek Opperud will probly be there go to guy. we will just see i gess.
Shanny69
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Orr4 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:48 pm

Williston lost everyone who started on offense, except for Hanson, and every starter on defense except linebackers (who will be seniors).ng It's gonna be a tough year next year for Williston, no doubt about it. But they still have some big guys who can play DL and OL, hanson at quarterback, good receivers/d-backs, linebackers who hopefully gained some experience, and a decent running back who can hit the holes hard. It's definetly going to be a re-building year for Williston when you look at who they lost, but they still are going to have a good crew with good leadership. It's going to be intersting....
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dewey11 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:42 am

Zach Wentz's little brother (idk his first name) is a good QB who could start at Century this year. They could put almost anybody in there though and just throw the ball up in the air and let Jacobs go get it. Teams should be very very scared of Bismarck high. With Esley and Miller back, they're going to be dominant. Do you guys think Dickinson goes winless 2 years in a row?
dewey11
NDPreps Starter

Postby P4KNBD » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:51 pm

dewey11 wrote:Zach Wentz's little brother (idk his first name) is a good QB who could start at Century this year. They could put almost anybody in there though and just throw the ball up in the air and let Jacobs go get it. Teams should be very very scared of Bismarck high. With Esley and Miller back, they're going to be dominant. Do you guys think Dickinson goes winless 2 years in a row?

i agree with teams being scared of b-high. thorton can flat out play. sometimes its not the prettiest but he is jsut a gamer and gets in done. he didnt have the best game in the championship last year but he made plays when he had to and came up huge on defense as well. with him miller and there wide recievers it will be a challenge to stop them. i think they could be beat in a game or two though. south started quite a bit of juniors as well along with west fargo and red river
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby dowork » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:33 pm

garret jacobs and zach emil will lead century to be in the top 2 in the region next year. emil suffered injury trouble this year, and if he can stay healthy he will put up numbers comparable to miller. Jacobs is way legit. he can catch just about any ball anywhere near him. Carson wentz is good at quarterback, but throwing to jacobs will make his job look easy.
Oh baby i like it raw
dowork
NDPreps Reserve

Postby squeak63 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:03 pm

dowork wrote:garret jacobs and zach emil will lead century to be in the top 2 in the region next year. emil suffered injury trouble this year, and if he can stay healthy he will put up numbers comparable to miller. Jacobs is way legit. he can catch just about any ball anywhere near him. Carson wentz is good at quarterback, but throwing to jacobs will make his job look easy.

i am saying that there is about a 2 percent chance he puts up number even close to miller
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Return to AAA