Wahpeton In AA

The teams in Class AAA

Wahpeton In AA

Postby smykowski_75 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:07 pm

What does everybody think about whap dropping to AA?
smykowski_75

Re: Wahpeton In AA

Postby baseball18 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:30 pm

smykowski_75 wrote:What does everybody think about whap dropping to AA?

they're easily the favorite...
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:40 pm

baseball18 wrote:
smykowski_75 wrote:What does everybody think about whap dropping to AA?

they're easily the favorite...

i don't think they will win a game by less than 20 next year... just knowing what they do offensively their wont be many if any teams that will be able to contain their offense next year... aka ryan smith
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby ExEDCPlayer2006 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:51 pm

I wouldn't count teams against wahp. They are a very strong team and yes they have Ryan Smith and a hard nose O, BUT how many of their O-linemen are gone? Graduated i think 3 of the big boys up fron yes thats leaveing 2 but you need 5 to do the job. I do agree they are the strong favorite.
ExEDCPlayer2006
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Riotmaker#9 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:49 am

Don't forget about Shanley next year in AA. They return their quarterback as well as an all state lineman both are going to be juniors. Smith will dominate AA but can the whole team win the ship
"They call me Birdman Jr. I'm flyer than the rest. I'm trying to get a couple cool pigeons to the nest."
Riotmaker#9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby demongrad15 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:14 pm

whapeton will win the state AA title next year without a doubt
demongrad15

Postby squeak63 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:22 pm

ExEDCPlayer2006 wrote:I wouldn't count teams against wahp. They are a very strong team and yes they have Ryan Smith and a hard nose O, BUT how many of their O-linemen are gone? Graduated i think 3 of the big boys up fron yes thats leaveing 2 but you need 5 to do the job. I do agree they are the strong favorite.

i watched whap play and i would think that they really don't need that good of linemen to be successful. Pretty much every single play 4 our of their 5 linemen block and then they just hope that smith can bounce a big one ... its a good way to get 5 yards pretty much every play and if you get two 5 yard gains you will get a first down... thats why i think whap will still be dominate in AA
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Dawg245 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:17 pm

Wahpeton will be very good yes. Ryan will run for 2000+ yards again yes. The only true question mark will be at quarterback. Devin Jilek is a junior that will be a senior. He started last year at free safety, the key to Wahpeton's success may be in the hands of Jilek. When teams like Shanley and Valley City put 9 people into the box will Devin be able to do Wahpeton's play action passes good enough to try to get aggressive teams to back off just a tiny bit to open it up more for Smith.

Honestly there really shouldn't be any doubt that Wahp will have a great line. Wahpeton has had at least one player in the last 6 years that was all-state first team on the line. Sam Trappen for example this year. Sam started on defense as a junior and didn't see much action on the offensive side. This year Sam comes in at center and dominated. Wahpeton's line will be young but they'll have 2 potential all-staters in Sean Mitterling and Kyle Iverson, both of which were key to helping Ryan do what he does best.
Dawg245
NDPreps Starter

Postby pitbull1821 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:32 pm

well put dawg245...you sound very well educated on the subject and just going on what you have stated i am gonna have to go along with your opinion and say that d jil will have to have a good year at quarterback to make the other teams respect the pass even though he plays for wahp so there aint much of that goin on its pretty much a given so they will need to make every pass count
pitbull1821
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ExEDCPlayer2006 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:45 am

squek how can you say they don't need a line for smith? that is crazy your telling me you can put almost anyone it and he'll be as effective. that is carzy. Smith is a great back and yes he has the ability to bounce it but if wahp doesn't have size and talent up front teams can free up LB's and DB's to come up and help support the run. With a good OL with some size they will have less double teams and their OL can get to Lb's that have potential to get to smith before he gets into the open space. The OL is a huge key to Wahp's Offense.
ExEDCPlayer2006
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baseball18 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:09 pm

early prediction: Wahpteton over St. Mary's in the title game
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ditka14 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:01 am

ExEDCPlayer2006 wrote:I wouldn't count teams against wahp. They are a very strong team and yes they have Ryan Smith and a hard nose O, BUT how many of their O-linemen are gone? Graduated i think 3 of the big boys up fron yes thats leaveing 2 but you need 5 to do the job. I do agree they are the strong favorite.

First off it's wahpeton they breed there lineman down there to be big men, they got some guys ready to fill in those 6" splits they run.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby thebigyear » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:48 pm

I feel bad for AA teams. That Ryan Smith is dynamite. Teams only game planned around him. Teams like Century walked out defenses just to contain him. He went for 300 yards several times last year....against Shanley and Grand Forks for sure. Wapheton I will be very disappointed if I cant watch you in the championship game. Ryan Smith best of luck, you are gonna look like a pro playing with high school teams with the talent pool you will see now.
thebigyear
NDPreps Rookie

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:59 am

I fully expect Wahpeton to win AA this fall, Wahp needs to shore some things up on the o-line which I know they will.

However class AA football is a Legit class of football now. It's not just two good teams anymore.

With Devils Lake, Wahp, Shanley, St. Mary's in the Mix,along with Lisbon, Dickinson Trinity, Oak Grove and Valley City It is very competetive at the top.

AA football will be very entertaining to follow this fall I can't wait! I will miss rooting for the Underdog Wahpeton in AAA though.

They will now go from the hunters to the hunted.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndread3r » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:09 pm

Wat do the regions look like or conferences or watever they use. Who has the harder schedule to get out of the season and contest Wahpeton this year. Shanley had a lot of older guys last year. Idk about the Grovers either. But i think Wahpeton should be able to run up the score fairly quick and efficently
ndread3r
NDPreps Rookie

Return to AAA