Reclassification?

The teams in Class AAA

Reclassification?

Postby Jarudy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:26 pm

How is the new system going to work? Will teams either conference play each other more than once or will football teams be putting on lots of miles? Any links?
Jarudy
NDPreps Starter

Re: Reclassification?

Postby squeak63 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:29 pm

Jarudy wrote:How is the new system going to work? Will teams either conference play each other more than once or will football teams be putting on lots of miles? Any links?

i saw a mock schedual for next year and it looks to me like there really isn't going to be an easy or a west it more looks like the 12 teams play a random 8 games against a random 8 other teams and then i am sure play-offs will go on record from there. Like i said i think it was a mock schedual but i don't see how this is going to be very effective because some teams may have a tougher schedual than others and maybe a team that might not make the play-offs just because they played more of the better teams.
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby papabutch74 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:36 pm

ohh but also.. what if they go back to like back in the day where you played teams more than once per year? as in youll play the 5 conference games, and then play 3 of those teams again?
papabutch74
NDPreps Starter

Postby MHSfan » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:09 pm

I've talked to my coach. He said that there will be a 6 team WDA and a 6 team EDC. BHS, Century, Minot, Williston, Mandan, and Dickinson will compile the West. Jamestown will move over to the east for a couple years until Davies gets built in Fargo. Jamestown, South, North, West Fargo, Red River, and Grand Forks Central will make up the EDC. To replace games lost, they will extend non conference games to fill in the missing weeks by reclassified teams.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to AAA