The teams in Class AAA

BHS= CHAMPIONS

Postby Bigblackbeatdown » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:31 pm

so what was the reasson for fargo losing
Bigblackbeatdown
NDPreps Reserve

Re: BHS= CHAMPIONS

Postby Shanny69 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:15 am

I think this game was won by the huge turnovers bismark had. and south just couldnt get in a rythm running the ball like they usually do.
Last edited by Shanny69 on Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shanny69
NDPreps Reserve

Postby champs0607 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:17 am

bismarck scored more points :D jk....bhs made more big plays on defense than south did on offense which pretty much sums up the game.
"Don't give up....don't ever give up." Jimmy Valvano
champs0607
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:12 am

Let me be the first to say congratulations to Bismark on a well fought win. Either team could have won, but Bismark prevailed. South tried to battle back after some pretty sloppy turnovers but couldn't produce.
A great year for both teams, very emotional. Good luck to our senior North Dakotan athletes going to college.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby #50mandan » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:31 am

i gotta give it up to bismarck highs offensive line, they open some of the biggest holes ive seen in years...eric klein and that karel kid sure know what it takes to win a state title, so congratulations to them..also, thorton is a gamer, not only on offense but defense as well, he can either run on you or roll to the left and throw a perfect ball to his recievers....i think gibson was sick of losing and im glad to see a title for the demons cause i was sick of seeing the east (fargo south) always win state... again, congrats to squeak, u playin college ball?
ill do it
#50mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby #50mandan » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:40 am

also, who won AAA state player of the year?
ill do it
#50mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby champs0607 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:25 pm

#50mandan wrote:also, who won AAA state player of the year?

Brent Qvale - Williston
"Don't give up....don't ever give up." Jimmy Valvano
champs0607
NDPreps Starter

Postby Rodgers4ever » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:31 pm

champs0607 wrote:

Brent Qvale - Williston

He won senior athlete. if there was a player of the year it would have to be miller from bhs. that kid will be scary next year
If their shooting at you, you're doing something right
Rodgers4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby StateChamp55 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:06 pm

champs0607 wrote:

Brent Qvale - Williston

That was a huge suprise. I would like to know why the coaches voted for him? I think it's because they didn't want another Fargo South kid to take it home for the third straight year.
StateChamp55

Postby MARKWALD23 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:38 pm

You Fargo South have a saying something like Tradition never graduates. Well i got one better tradition just graduated. Jemison haha what a joke, infact the entire south offense got held in check by the number 1 defense in the state. Can you say repeat. I can.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AAAsportsfan » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:25 pm

StateChamp55 wrote:
champs0607 wrote:

Brent Qvale - Williston

That was a huge suprise. I would like to know why the coaches voted for him? I think it's because they didn't want another Fargo South kid to take it home for the third straight year.

I believe the award is also based on grades; Qvale is a 4.0 student--maybe that was the key?
AAAsportsfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:44 pm

MARKWALD23 wrote:You Fargo South have a saying something like Tradition never graduates. Well i got one better tradition just graduated. Jemison haha what a joke, infact the entire south offense got held in check by the number 1 defense in the state. Can you say repeat. I can.

Don't get cocky. South destroyed Bismark's yardage in all aspects. If it weren't for 5 turnovers by South, most of them unprovoked (such as that fumbled punt, the hook and ladder that was thrown straight into the air rather than to the player), then it would have been a different game, like highheat said. South killed themselves, not Bismark. Bismark did what needed to be done to win, South just couldn't finish.

Qvale and Jemison were both deserving athletes of the year. The fact that Qvale is a 4.0 student, and has committed to Nebraska probably helped him quite a bit. The fact that a South player has won it the last 2 years could have also been a factor, but that's what happens when a strong player comes out of a small town, just like Wurden losing Mr. Hockey in 2007.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:00 pm

The difference was that Esley Thortan is an absolute stud and Brock Larson is a sophomore that needs to be WAY better for South to win a state championship.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby MARKWALD23 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:37 pm

I'll be cocky if I want to be. That hook and ladder, what that was the dumbest call that kid made, becuase miller was already coming and if jemison would have gotten the ball miller would have drilled him into the turf.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby King James » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:50 pm

HockeyHigh, D-Pain, Janobilly, High Heat, ND Football 69, Statechamp55. YOUR PRETTY QUIET NOW!! South isn't going to win a title now for quite a while. BHS will win again next year. Then the schools seperate in Fargo either the next year of the year after.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby papabutch74 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:00 pm

you know.. you eastern people really stuff me off.. all you guys talk about if this wouldve happened or this wouldnt of happened.. well guess what.. it all happened.. bhs won.. take and deal with it.. im guessing half you guys dont even play football? so keep your mouths shut.. everything happens for a reason.. and the reason that everything happened saturday night.. was because everyone was tired of seeing south win.. well guess what.. that dyansty? got blown to bits by the bismarck high demons..

good job demons! lets go get 'em next year
papabutch74
NDPreps Starter

Postby King James » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:22 pm

Your basically making it sound like your all for south when there winning but they lose and you have nothing to do with them?
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby King James » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:25 pm

highheat wrote:i wouldnt call 300+ yards offense "held in check". south averaged 5.4 yards/attempt.

take away the turnovers (mainly the stupid attempt at a hook and ladder from their own 4 yard line, interception return for td, botched punt attempt) and south wins this game 19-7.

I can play this game too. Take away esleys INT that was ran back for a TD. Or if we bring a safety over to help the corner when south throws the 79 yard TD pass and BHS wins 28-7
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby hybrid » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:29 pm

highheat wrote:
papabutch74 wrote:you know.. you eastern people really stuff me off.. all you guys talk about if this wouldve happened or this wouldnt of happened.. well guess what.. it all happened.. bhs won.. take and deal with it.. im guessing half you guys dont even play football? so keep your mouths shut.. everything happens for a reason.. and the reason that everything happened saturday night.. was because everyone was tired of seeing south win.. well guess what.. that dyansty? got blown to bits by the bismarck high demons..

good job demons! lets go get 'em next year

so south lost because they were sick of winning? the refs had calls go bismarcks way because they didnt want south to win? and blown to bits? they won by 9 points. south gave them 21 points. in not saying south shouldve won the game, but it easily couldve been the other way around. and fyi, i have very few ties to south, i just like to stir the pot with all you kids that get upset when somebody says something you dont agree with.

i don't think anyone from south can complain about any calls for bismarck because i think there were about 3or4 flags that werent false starts or illegal motion calls (on south) that the refs had to call. Jamison just about ripped thorton's head off and only got five yards for it. it was reffed in the "no call is a good call" mentality. the reffing didn't affect the outcome of the game at all. Saying south gave them 21 points is pushing it too. a bad read and a bad pass isnt giving anyone anything. it was two good plays made by miller and #2. You'll never hear me step up to the plate for bhs, cause im not a very big fan of them either. but they did deserve this one. miller played out of his mind.
hybrid
NDPreps Rookie

Postby cubsfan » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:34 pm

I might be wrong but I thought the refs did a job yesterday and South made a lot of mental mistakes that I hadn't seen in any of the other South championship teams.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby squeak63 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:21 pm

in my mind bhs played with more confidence...personally the false start penalties at this point in the arent so much forgot the count types of false starts they are more of the false starts where you are thinking in the back of your mind that you have to get an extra step on the defense in order to be succesful. people also talk about the turnovers and such and if they wouldn't have happend south would have won 28-7 and such i am sorry but good teams make big plays and thats what bhs did last night they stepped up to the plate and made big plays when they had to and that is what champions do. i just want to say congrats to all of my teamates who may read this i love you all and i am officially done posting about this game
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby King James » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:27 pm

squeak63 wrote:in my mind bhs played with more confidence...personally the false start penalties at this point in the arent so much forgot the count types of false starts they are more of the false starts where you are thinking in the back of your mind that you have to get an extra step on the defense in order to be succesful. people also talk about the turnovers and such and if they wouldn't have happend south would have won 28-7 and such i am sorry but good teams make big plays and thats what bhs did last night they stepped up to the plate and made big plays when they had to and that is what champions do. i just want to say congrats to all of my teamates who may read this i love you all and i am officially done posting about this game

No need to apologize squeak your a state champ! Speak your mind.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby MARKWALD23 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:08 pm

does anybody know the status of joliffe?
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby somebody » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:40 pm

Maybe the better team won? Better teams make less mistakes for a reason. And the officiating was a complete non factor (except maybe for the fair catch if anyone could explain that, and possibly Miller's getting called for hitting the player out of bounds but neither had an effected the game). I was expecting BHS by 2 TD's, close enough, haha.
somebody

Postby phil7416 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:27 pm

King James wrote:HockeyHigh, D-Pain, Janobilly, High Heat, ND Football 69, Statechamp55. YOUR PRETTY QUIET NOW!! South isn't going to win a title now for quite a while. BHS will win again next year. Then the schools seperate in Fargo either the next year of the year after.

I wouldnt say south is not going to be a contender. They arent graduating that many seniors at all. Also you cant ever say that south will ever be that bad with coach feeney at the helm. See ya next year.
phil7416

Next

Return to AAA