mandan football

The teams in Class AAA

mandan football

Postby cdub1 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:56 pm

many things can lead a team 2 unsuccessful seasons

wut rezons do u guyz think contributes to this most in mandan whether it is coaches, playaz, comp or wutever i wanna hear ur guyz opinion on dis issue i wont state mine rite away to keep this unbiased

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: mandan football

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:39 pm

No coach bashing or calling players out by name. That sort of thing just isn't right when you are an anonymous person on a message board. Also if you don't like the topic, then don't post.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:10 pm

highheat wrote:i dont know squat about mandans program, but im going to go out on a limb and say theyre either in a down period or there is no interest in the football program. if theyre in a down period, theyll eventually come around and have a few good class in a row that are good. if theres no interest in the program, then the kids just dont have the urge to get better or the kids that could make an impact for the team arent playing. there needs to be something to get those kids more motivated or interested in the program.

my two cents

I have to agree with you on a lot of these issues. Some of the best athletes in the school don't play football, back when they had Belohlavek, Schmautz, and most of the best athletes, they were a pretty good team in the West, and people wanted to play for Mandan. Now it seems like there is no interest. Speaking strictly from my dealings with the head coach when I am in the weight room and he is also there, I can see why people don't play football. Also speaking to the players, many feel that he has done a less than satisfactory job. However, I talk to one of the coaches and he feels that for Mandan to be successful, they need to get 100% of the team to make football a priority, instead of the maybe 40%-60% that do now.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:44 pm

My guess is that Mandan does not have the student body population to withstand the number of talented athletes who give up football due to socio-economic variables. (need to get a job, involvement with drugs and alcohol, lack of desirability associated with playing for a team without a strong tradition, parents don't want them getting hurt) Like balla45 said, some of the best athletes don't play football.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball18 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:14 pm

I agree with what has been said... when you have a school like a mandan, or a st marys, or a jamestown for example, you cant afford to have one sport athletes, you need all odf your athletes to be at least two sport athletes and some even three, some schools just arent like a bismarck or a south or minot where they have the numbers... these other schools need their athletes to be multi-sport athletes
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby King James » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:08 pm

they needed jordan mauer's athleticism. Domingo "the weapon" Devalle couldnt carry the team the whole year. He should be all state at the LB position.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby demonfan14 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:20 pm

I agree 100%
balla45 wrote:
highheat wrote:i dont know squat about mandans program, but im going to go out on a limb and say theyre either in a down period or there is no interest in the football program. if theyre in a down period, theyll eventually come around and have a few good class in a row that are good. if theres no interest in the program, then the kids just dont have the urge to get better or the kids that could make an impact for the team arent playing. there needs to be something to get those kids more motivated or interested in the program.

my two cents

I have to agree with you on a lot of these issues. Some of the best athletes in the school don't play football, back when they had Belohlavek, Schmautz, and most of the best athletes, they were a pretty good team in the West, and people wanted to play for Mandan. Now it seems like there is no interest. Speaking strictly from my dealings with the head coach when I am in the weight room and he is also there, I can see why people don't play football. Also speaking to the players, many feel that he has done a less than satisfactory job. However, I talk to one of the coaches and he feels that for Mandan to be successful, they need to get 100% of the team to make football a priority, instead of the maybe 40%-60% that do now.
demonfan14
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SCHWABY25 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:09 am

King James wrote:they needed jordan mauer's athleticism. Domingo "the weapon" Devalle couldnt carry the team the whole year. He should be all state at the LB position.
mandan isnt the best team but im sure they have a lot of athletes if those athletes would go out for football basketball ect they would make it to the playoffs more often without those athletes they dont have much they are a great team keep up te good work
SCHWABY25
NDPreps Rookie

Postby payload » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:42 pm

Mandan football program will never get better, until they get away from the theory of playing the best players both ways. Having semi-talented individuals standing on the sidelines while also stating that the team does not have enough people going out for the sport is contradictory. The team that went O'fer in 2007, was put into play in 2006. The coaching staff only allowed younger members to play when there is no chance of a shut out and their is 2 minutes let in the game and your running out the clock. That coach wanted summer commitment from his players. I watched my kids give everything to him, only to see them in for special teams or injuries. How often did Mandan keep in the game early, only to loose later in the game because players were exhausted or simply too weak (muscle fatigue) to keep up that intensity? Part of coaching is developing and grooming. The players that he did not play were expected to return the following year and be starter ready. No amount of weight room lifting and off season running is going to let you see the cut back lanes, teach you to read the quarterback eyes, or the running backs hips. That kind of experience comes from playing on the field against competitive teams, not playing on the field against your own varsity playbook.

Just one parents opinion.
payload

Postby the_future23 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:44 pm

Who does Mandan have coming back for next year?
the_future23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby #50mandan » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:48 pm

they have shelby skytland who packs a hard punch, and shouldnt have too bad of an o-line, hopfauf at linebacker-hes a beast, but the thing that scares me about this coming season is the quarterback position, any word on who is the favorite at this position?
ill do it
#50mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Deuce » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:14 am

I heard Devin Coyle but it could possibly be Trey Nedeau. Those are the Fr and So qbs from last year. The Jr qb didn't go out last year.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby #50mandan » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:52 pm

ok good, having trey back there would be scary
ill do it
#50mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby the_future23 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:15 pm

Yeah that would be scary
you know anything about that zink kid? whenever he got into the games he was gettin a bunch of tackles.
#50mandan wrote:ok good, having trey back there would be scary
the_future23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Thirty » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:05 pm

the_future23 wrote:Yeah that would be scary
you know anything about that zink kid? whenever he got into the games he was gettin a bunch of tackles.

I'm pretty sure that you're Zinke(you spelled your name wrong), cause you keep on talking about him, and his number in basketball was 23, and your name has a 23 in it, and balla45 implied that you're from Mandan in an earlier post, and... ya, just saying
Thirty
NDPreps Starter

Postby the_future23 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:53 pm

Actually no im not Zinke
but yes im from mandan
doesnt really matter though does it?
Thirty wrote:

I'm pretty sure that you're Zinke(you spelled your name wrong), cause you keep on talking about him, and his number in basketball was 23, and your name has a 23 in it, and balla45 implied that you're from Mandan in an earlier post, and... ya, just saying
the_future23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Thirty » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:25 pm

the_future23 wrote:Actually no im not Zinke
but yes im from mandan
doesnt really matter though does it?
Thirty wrote:

No, I was just saying
Thirty
NDPreps Starter

Postby demonfan14 » Fri May 01, 2009 8:20 pm

Deuce wrote:I heard Devin Coyle but it could possibly be Trey Nedeau. Those are the Fr and So qbs from last year. The Jr qb didn't go out last year.

They will need Jay Flaa to go out. He has a nice arm, and has been playing highschool football the longest. In my opinion would actually help mandan out next year. It will be hard for the underclassmen to be expected to lead the offense for a team next year. Soph and Frosh ball is so much different. Speed and strength double
demonfan14
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thebigyear » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:40 pm

it is mandan! the last team they beat was St. Mary's and they dropped down a division to win games. It is an ongoing joke in high school football when teams see mandan on the schedule. Who get the easy Ws this year!
thebigyear
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Deuce » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:27 am

Actually the last team they beat was Dickinson 28-0. St. Marys was their Homecoming game.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby demonfan14 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:13 pm

thebigyear wrote:it is mandan! the last team they beat was St. Mary's and they dropped down a division to win games. It is an ongoing joke in high school football when teams see mandan on the schedule. Who get the easy Ws this year!

West Fargo probably should have got an easy W huh
demonfan14
NDPreps Reserve

Postby King James » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:25 pm

Mandan misses "the weapon" Domingo Devalle is a tough player to replace
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby demonfan14 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:30 pm

King James wrote:Mandan misses "the weapon" Domingo Devalle is a tough player to replace

there linebackers must have replaced him just fine
demonfan14
NDPreps Reserve

Postby goteam11 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:02 am

seemed like a pretty good game? west had 450 yards of offense with seven turnovers.. please dont tell me u think mandans gona win like that all year
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby unocero14 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:35 am

I don't know what happen to West Fargo, but Mandan had to show something if they were up 20-6 at one point but got to put them away when they are up by that much...For West Fargo coach Gibson would call that a moral victory bcuz WF won in all the stats..
unocero14
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to AAA