The teams in Class AAA

2008 AAA Championship - Bismarck High vs. Fargo South

Postby ND Football Guy » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:19 am

Who are you picking and why?
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Re: 2008 AAA Championship - Bismarck High vs. Fargo South

Postby Jarudy » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:07 pm

Coming from a person who played against both teams and not on either so relatively unbiased:
I'm picking Bismarck High
South's defense hasn't proven to be as good as previous years and with the BHS offense, I'm expecting to have BHS roll the championship game.

South's D-line is one of South's weakpoints. The defensive line from South just doesn't have the size, reguardless of how fast they are. BHS O-line is the best in the state, providing both run AND pass protection. The linebackers and quicks, however, make up for the run defense.

South's pass defense is the other defensive weakpoint. They may have showed up after their week off, but still West Fargo scored 26 points mostly through the air on the turf, showing that South's "speed" DOES NOT dominate other teams. Remember, South almost lost to WF and BHS pretty much showed them up. (WF was up 26-13 in the fourth quarter and BHS v. WF wasn't even a game)

South has shown that their Sophmore quarterback has no good experience throwing the ball and Jemison and South's corral of RB's has carried South. If South can pass and run, this may be closer then expected.

BHS weakspots:
The D-line is pretty decent, I give them that, but their pinches will do no good against South's break contain or slam it up A-gap running game. BHS may have a problem with Jemison if he breaks contain and if they miss tackles, which ended up making WF lose (Jemison's speed). BHS must have their defense show up to play this game.

BHS advantages:
BHS offense has really impressed me. They have grown more than any other team from Week 2 to the playoffs. The o-line has finally used their size to their advantage and with Thornton and Jake Miller, wow. If BHS plays like the have ever since their minor week 2 setback, goodnight Fargo South.

Good Luck to both, and please BHS people, reguardless of how much you win by, please try and deflate ego's before posting.

Wall of Text Summary = If BHS defense shows up, BHS wins by multiple scores.
Jarudy
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:48 pm

I personally don't think South played very well against West Fargo, but that's just my opinion. They came back and won it, either way. Since you've played both BHS and FS, you're either Williston or West Fargo, since Williston got creamed by both, it'd make it a better opinion if you were from West Fargo. Assuming such, West Fargo did beat BHS the first game they played (BHS's loss) and West Fargo lost to South in a close one a month or two ago. The second game with BHS and West Fargo in the playoffs was a blowout, which FS has also done to all of the opposition they've faced in the playoffs. Maybe South went in against WF too lightly? Either way, WF was forced through a play-in game to qualify for state, and lost first round. South, however, has rolled past higher ranked teams and let little to no scores (their JV defense let one in against Century) so far in the playoffs. I'd conclude that South slipped up against WF, and they're rolling again now.
Either way, I feel it'll be a close one, and I still won't bet against FS until they get knocked off.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby jonny906 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:09 am

I have played against both south and BHS's lines. South does lack size but they are very quick and from BHS, the only really notable players were the center, and that one playside-huge-african american-Edited*that destroys everything in his path-tackle. Other than that, on the turf, south's d-line will shoot gaps all day leaving thorton no time. BHS must have one heck of game against south's linebackers for them to pull off a win, and south's linebackers are best in state.

Edited out a term that could be construed as non-flattering to African-Americans. I don't think anything was meant by it, but took it out to be safe.
jonny906
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball18 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:05 am

jonny906 wrote:I have played against both south and BHS's lines. South does lack size but they are very quick and from BHS, the only really notable players were the center, and that one playside-huge-african american-Edited*that destroys everything in his path-tackle. Other than that, on the turf, south's d-line will shoot gaps all day leaving thorton no time. BHS must have one heck of game against south's linebackers for them to pull off a win, and south's linebackers are best in state.

Edited out a term that could be construed as non-flattering to African-Americans. I don't think anything was meant by it, but took it out to be safe.

what about american of african descent?
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:04 pm

baseball18 wrote:
jonny906 wrote:I have played against both south and BHS's lines. South does lack size but they are very quick and from BHS, the only really notable players were the center, and that one playside-huge-african american-Edited*that destroys everything in his path-tackle. Other than that, on the turf, south's d-line will shoot gaps all day leaving thorton no time. BHS must have one heck of game against south's linebackers for them to pull off a win, and south's linebackers are best in state.

what about american of african descent?

I didn't notice it right away either, but I see how that could be offensive.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Jarudy » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:21 pm

South will shoot gaps? South never shot gaps against us but may have slanted hard in or out. The couple of DT's from South that I played against never were a notch above in speed and I sure am not fast.

They are truely not that fast at shooting gaps and I am expecting good things from BHS's line. BHS splits weren't that wide when we watched them on film and nothing ever really got through, props to them.
Jarudy
NDPreps Starter

Postby jonny906 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:32 pm

By no means was a being racist or disrespective, in north dakota, there aren't many minorities so if they are athleticly inclined, give them respect. But this man, 76 i think? Is about 3 times the player Qvale is, he goes at it ever play and never gives up. He should be the one going to Nebraska.
jonny906
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bigblackbeatdown » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:25 pm

jonny906 wrote:By no means was a being racist or disrespective, in north dakota, there aren't many minorities so if they are athleticly inclined, give them respect. But this man, 76 i think? Is about 3 times the player Qvale is, he goes at it ever play and never gives up. He should be the one going to Nebraska.

well im hear his number is 72 and yea he pretty decent but idk know know if i would comment about black sweet anymore if u are or not if i was that kid i would be stuff
Bigblackbeatdown
NDPreps Reserve

Return to AAA