BHS v. South

The teams in Class AAA

Re: BHS v. South

Postby StateChamp55 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:21 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:
MHSfan wrote:He's good but not a god like all the Fargo people put him up to be on here. He's no Catlin Solum or Josh Horner and Bismarck's defense will eat him up and contain him when he trys to bounce it every time.

Bismark fans on here kept saying the same thing about Horner last year. That didn't work out too well.

MHSfan wrote:When Minot holds him to about 70 yards on the ground until about 3 minutes left in the game, thats pretty good considering BHS's defense is more complete than Minot's and they will be ready for him.

You don't know about what happened during the CHS game, so don't say things that are wrong.
From the Fargo Fool'em.
Jemison was injured late in the second quarter, and did not play in the second half. He finished with 91 rushing yards on 16 carries.

Feeney said after the game that Jemison will start the state title game. Jemison was held out of the second half as a precaution, Feeney said.

“He just got his bell rung,” Feeney said of Jemison. “He’ll be ready to go (next week). At this point in the season, you want to make sure everybody is healthy.”

Despite Jemison’s absence, the Bruins still managed to find success on the ground thanks to huge holes provided by the offensive line. Sophomore running back Adam Boe picked up where Jemison left off, going for 103 yards and a touchdown on 15 second-half carries. It was the most extensive work of the season for Boe.

Fargo Fool'em :lol: Nicely put HockeyHigh
StateChamp55

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:44 pm

highheat wrote:he was talking about the minot game, not the chs game.

Wow, I don't know how I missed that. My apologies to MHSfan. However, Jemison still ended up getting 150+ yards that game. The fact that South still crushed Minot 30-0 without a stellar showing by their top player credits both their offense and defense. Their defense held Minot to very few yards, and no big plays, while South's QB and Seltvedt made key rushes when the team needed the play. If I were South, I'd hope that BHS puts all their effort into stopping Jemison, that'll just give room for Larson and Seltvedt to make their plays. Jemison will still find a way to break through, though.

Again, sorry to MHSFan.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby MHSfan » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:50 pm

Agent Cooper wrote:South uses 8,9, 10 different kids to run the ball and wear teams down - it's not all Jemison. And as far as MHSFan's comments, who cares when he gets his yards. You may contain him but at some point he's going to break one. And as far as NDSU knocking on his door, I suspect they were interested in Jemison after he was an all-state selection last year as a linebacker.

It should be a good game as both teams have improved a lot from early season losses. South's defense has improved and should b an interesting matchup with Thornton and Miller and company.

Really? Please list at least 8 kids that run the ball on your varsity every game.Also, i was trying to make a point in saying that Minot's defense contained him very well for the whole game but he busted a big one with 3 minutes left when the game was out of reach and most coaches pull their first string out when they are up 23-0 with that much time. And as for southplaya72 good for boe that he can rip up some sophomore football games, congradulations :D but this is varsity football. He did have a good game against a beat up Century defense but we'll see what he can do against BHS. He won't be nearly as effective and i can bet that Jemmison doesn't get over 100 yards either, BHS is too good.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Agent Cooper » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:24 pm

South regularly use Jemison, Seltveit, Achter, Callahan, Jochim, Boe, and Duncan at running back and also rotate in Hooey, Kellen, Midell, and Brandt throughout the game. Throw in the QB and you have a dozen guys running the ball. That's why they're fresh in the 4th quarter.
Agent Cooper
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Like Mike » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:31 pm

being fresh is not going to matter. first of there 16-18 year old kids in great shape. secondly its the state championship game there going to have so much adrenaline anyway. i would rather have jake miller carry the ball 30 times anyway because hes goin to bust 10 of those for 10+ yards. south wont win because there one dimensional. all they do is run. bhs has a great line and great linebackers with excellent speed.
the bhs boys are going to be poppin champaign!

bhs 35
south-21
Like Mike
NDPreps Rookie

Postby balla45 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:47 pm

From the standpoint of an unbiased observer, I think it is going to be a great game. For the BHS guys who don't think Jemison is extremely good, you are confused...You might remember he had the first td of last years' state championship game...However, the South guys who don't think Thorton is a game changer are also very confused...West Fargo, enough said on that issue.

South may seem like a one dimentional rushing team, and they might be. However, knowing a team will run doesn't mean you can stop the run game...Think AP296.

Coaching you pretty much has to say it is an even battle. South wins state all the time, but with the talent that has been in FSHS the last couple of years, they should have.

Bismarck may seem like they have a better line, but, if South did not have a good line, Jemison couldn't do what he does.

Final score. 28-35. I just don't know who will have which one.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Like Mike » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:43 pm

You know what i meant by it dont be a smart a$$
Like Mike
NDPreps Rookie

Postby squeak63 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:47 pm

highheat wrote:
Like Mike wrote:being fresh is not going to matter. first of there 16-18 year old kids in great shape. secondly its the state championship game there going to have so much adrenaline anyway. i would rather have jake miller carry the ball 30 times anyway because hes goin to bust 10 of those for 10+ yards. south wont win because there one dimensional. all they do is run. bhs has a great line and great linebackers with excellent speed.
the bhs boys are going to be poppin champaign!

bhs 35
south-21

that would look real good in the paper the next morning. i can see the headlines already "high school football team spends night in jail for MIP after losing state championship."

just because they only run the ball does not mean that bismarck will shut them down. being one dimensional is not a bad thing when the play calling isnt predictable. bismarck can send 8 guys and south will just run around them, or they can attempt to contain the outside and south will run it up the middle.

there is such a thing at non-alchohalic chamaign
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby trackbbfan » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:36 pm

or like some like to spell it....champagne. lol.
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:48 pm

Like Mike wrote:south wont win because there one dimensional. all they do is run.

South has been one dimensional since I can remember. That obviously hasn't stopped them in the past 4 years. I'm pretty sure BHS knew that all South would do last year was run it, and they didn't stop that at all.

I'm not saying that BHS won't win, they're a great team and I do think they can win it, but South is still the favorite in my opinion. When you have quality rushing yards like South does, and a smart coach, you don't need a passing game.

Edit: It's Champagne, congratulations, dimensional and alcoholic, btw.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby therehegoesagain22 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:37 am

i think the souths defense will stop bismarcks running game. there has only been one hundred yard game vs there defense and that was smith from wahpeton i believe it was around 130? so im excited to see how south handles bismarcks running game
therehegoesagain22
NDPreps Rookie

Postby squeak63 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:45 am

HockeyHigh wrote:
Like Mike wrote:south wont win because there one dimensional. all they do is run.

South has been one dimensional since I can remember. That obviously hasn't stopped them in the past 4 years. I'm pretty sure BHS knew that all South would do last year was run it, and they didn't stop that at all.

I'm not saying that BHS won't win, they're a great team and I do think they can win it, but South is still the favorite in my opinion. When you have quality rushing yards like South does, and a smart coach, you don't need a passing game.

Edit: It's Champagne, congratulations, dimensional and alcoholic, btw.

sorry bro i was playing some intense rock band when i was posting that
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby football guy » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:22 am

South has been very good at running the ball for quite awhile now but i wouldn't call them one dimensional. If i remember right the player of the game in the state championship game last year was South's QB. They started the game completing some good passes before they started running the ball all day. With past South teams they could have told you where they were gonna run the ball and you still couldn't stop it. But this year may be a different story and should be a close game either way.
football guy

Postby StateChamp55 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:10 pm

BHS' defense was better last year the way I see it. I mean they had a pretty decent D-line, Ingemanson plugging up the middle, and Tyler Johson making plays all over the field. If somehow their defense has upgraded from that then I will give BHS the edge. But we all know which teams defense has the better game is going to win it all. DEFENSE wins championships!
StateChamp55

Postby Like Mike » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:08 pm

StateChamp55 wrote:BHS' defense was better last year the way I see it. I mean they had a pretty decent D-line, Ingemanson plugging up the middle, and Tyler Johson making plays all over the field. If somehow their defense has upgraded from that then I will give BHS the edge. But we all know which teams defense has the better game is going to win it all. DEFENSE wins championships!

ingemansen, johnson, and rhannon thorton are pretty much all the lost on defense. klein and karel are back on the d line. winkles, krueger are back at LB, miller would have been starting at corner last year but was hurt, gunderson is back at corner, thorton is back in the secondary, and jolliffe has done a really nice job replacing tyler johnson at safety, hochalter too has done a nice job at middle linebacker. he led the team in tackles last game.
Like Mike
NDPreps Rookie

Postby janobilly20 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:15 pm

i just hope it is a better state championship game than last year. i recall the same thing happening on here where the bhs kids thought they were, as TI would say, on top of the world.....south is gonna put a whoopin on bismarck 28-14.
janobilly20
NDPreps Reserve

Postby football_lives_on » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:31 am

South's D has gotten better all year. They are capable of taking a game over now. South over Bismarck 28-21
football_lives_on
NDPreps Starter

Postby StateChamp55 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:15 pm

janobilly20 wrote:i just hope it is a better state championship game than last year. i recall the same thing happening on here where the bhs kids thought they were, as TI would say, on top of the world.....south is gonna put a whoopin on bismarck 28-14.

You are right this discussion has been far better considering KingJames has decided not to post this week.
StateChamp55

Postby Wombat » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:28 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:
MARKWALD23 wrote:Not really so much of a source but I found this site yesterday. Quite interesting.

http://www.highschoolsports.net/default ... rtby=champ

A statistics site means nothing.
Also, it hasn't been updated for the semifinals yet. I'd put money on South being ahead of BHS after their handling of Century.

Yeah, the only thing that matters is what people say on Preps!
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby King James » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:07 pm

StateChamp55 wrote:
janobilly20 wrote:i just hope it is a better state championship game than last year. i recall the same thing happening on here where the bhs kids thought they were, as TI would say, on top of the world.....south is gonna put a whoopin on bismarck 28-14.

You are right this discussion has been far better considering KingJames has decided not to post this week.

Screw this. I cant sit back and watch this any longer. The only reason its been better from your standpoint state champ is because i havent been given you reasons all week about south losing all week, making your nights much more pleasant and allowing you to sleep better. If you are who i think you are I love your picture on south's website of you straddling the field goal post.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby StateChamp55 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:06 pm

King James wrote:
StateChamp55 wrote:

Screw this. I cant sit back and watch this any longer. The only reason its been better from your standpoint state champ is because i havent been given you reasons all week about south losing all week, making your nights much more pleasant and allowing you to sleep better. If you are who i think you are I love your picture on south's website of you straddling the field goal post.

:lol: Now we can get some life back into this discussion.
StateChamp55

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:59 pm

Wombat wrote:
HockeyHigh wrote:
MARKWALD23 wrote:Not really so much of a source but I found this site yesterday. Quite interesting.

Also, it hasn't been updated for the semifinals yet. I'd put money on South being ahead of BHS after their handling of Century.

Who ever said my, or your opinion mattered? That same statistics site has basically made the odds 50:50 anyways. :roll:
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby pepsi123 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:40 pm

You have to love the trash talk that goes on on here. All you need to do is look at the facts. Who has won three out of the last four titles.? south has. There isnt a single team that has been able to stop them all year except edina who would do disgusting things to any other team. Brandon Jemison is an exceptioinal athlete who does many things that Josh Horner did last year(who was also underrated) while being keyed on. So why dont the other teams try this . when you cant beat them you can talk trash. All you people do is sit on here and run your mouths and neither you or your school ever back it up. If Bismark was such a sound football team they wouldnt have their best player benched for two games for doing what everyone knows is against the rules. South wins cause they work the hardest and have the best coach.
South 34 bhs 13
pepsi123

Postby D-Pain » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:56 am

StateChamp55 wrote:

King James doesnt even play football, he just thinks he has knowledge about football because his friends play the game. :lol: I heard theres a scholarship for the Umary basketball teams waterboy position. Im sure he knows people that will let him get that spot. :lol:
D-Pain
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball18 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:06 am

HockeyHigh wrote:
Wombat wrote:
HockeyHigh wrote:

Who ever said my, or your opinion mattered? That same statistics site has basically made the odds 50:50 anyways. :roll:

there are three lies:
lies, d*mn lies, and statistics
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to AAA