BHS v. South

The teams in Class AAA

BHS v. South

Postby Rodgers4ever » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:52 am

No real surprises getting here. will be a repeat of last year? or will bhs avenge the loss? who u got and y
If their shooting at you, you're doing something right
Rodgers4ever
NDPreps Starter

Re: BHS v. South

Postby King James » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:06 am

BHS by 14. Heres why:
1.) Defense (espicially secondary) has come together and are playing well
2.) Jake Miller
3.) The line has dominated this season. Klein, Karel, Bales, Jenner, and Granfor make up the best line in the state
4.) My man Mark Gibson.. Great Coach and motivator along with his excellent staff up Dale Colby Jr., Steven Feeney, Timmy timmy coco puff Kolsrud, Kevin "milk truck" Schmitke. Big Brad Leingang, Mr Keegan, and Joel Just and Michael Crouse have done a great job this year and will have a great gameplan for south
5.) Reciever core of Krueger, Gunderson, Jolliffe, and Deyle are big threats
6.) And of course the guy that throws them the ball Esley guy Thorton is having a great season.
7.) Did i mention Jake Miller?
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby King James » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:23 am

I love how south fans/players think there gods and they have an answer for everything that anyone throws at them. Heres the deal. No players, fans, coaches or whatever from Bismarck care that you won the last 2 years. This BHS senior class is one of the best leadership wise that your going to find. You dont get to many Tyler Karel's and Eric Kleins come through your program. And another thing BHS junior class is going one of the most talented classes to come out of ND. There is no fear in these boys eyes. They dont get to high when they make a great play and they dont get down on themselves when they make a bad play. There a poised team ready to knock off South. And you know people may say after this that im cocky but whatever. I am. My friends know it and they dont mind it. They like it. They like my swagger and my confidence. And im confident that these guys are going to finish it off next weekend. I'll let you guys argue about this. I'm done posting untill next sunday when our boys got that ring on their finger. Have a nice week.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball18 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:24 am

This is going to be a battle. South is beatable, they're not as good as in previous championship years. Bismarck is much improved and finally have championship experience. Their offensive line is so dominant and I cannot stress enough how important the trenches are, esp. in high school football. BHS has the best defense in the state, plus the best QB and RB. Look for a back and forth game, both teams have play makers and Im going to take BHS in a close one by 3.

A few reasons why Bismarck will win

1. Best defense in the state
2. Best offensive line in the state
3. Best RB in the state
4. Best QB in the state
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby Rodgers4ever » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:08 pm

just seeing the carnage that bhs has caused throughout the entire year i have to go with them. miller is a stud and esely gets the job done when he needs to. BHS 35-28 in a really good game
If their shooting at you, you're doing something right
Rodgers4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby centuryfan » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:15 pm

King James wrote:BHS by 14. Heres why:
1.) Defense (espicially secondary) has come together and are playing well
2.) Jake Miller
3.) The line has dominated this season. Klein, Karel, Bales, Jenner, and Granfor make up the best line in the state
4.) My man Mark Gibson.. Great Coach and motivator along with his excellent staff up Dale Colby Jr., Steven Feeney, Timmy timmy coco puff Kolsrud, Kevin "milk truck" Schmitke. Big Brad Leingang, Mr Keegan, and Joel Just and Michael Crouse have done a great job this year and will have a great gameplan for south
5.) Reciever core of Krueger, Gunderson, Jolliffe, and Deyle are big threats
6.) And of course the guy that throws them the ball Esley guy Thorton is having a great season.
7.) Did i mention Jake Miller?

the BHS secondary is not going to make much of a difference in this game south just doesnt pass. this game could go either way really both teams are close. jemmison is the bigger faster back but miller is still fast and is definatly more shifty. south's pass defense is pretty solid too
centuryfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:21 pm

King James wrote:I'm done posting untill next sunday when our boys got that ring on their finger. Have a nice week.

I don't know if BHS knows this, since South has won it 3 of the past 4 years, but those rings take a while to be made and get shipped. You won't have your rings on Sunday. :lol:

I'm picking Fargo South, it's hard to bet against them either way you look at it. Their run defense is amazing, their running game is stellar, and their coaching staff, in Kevin Feeney alone, is likely the best in the State. The only thing that South lacks is a passing game (they have to run every play or they get into trouble with interceptions and a lack of conversions), and their pass defense has gotten them in trouble in the past. Almost all the plays that I've seen South give up are due to a quality pass by the other teams QB. (Namely why I think Edina pummeled them)

It'll be a good game, and it really depends on how each team approaches it. If BHS's coaching staff learned from last year, it could be a very close game.

FSH - 28
BHS - 14
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby StateChamp55 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:17 pm

Depending on who you are you may think BHS has Fargo South beat in every phase of the game on paper. But the one thing Fargo South has that BHS doesn't is that they know how to win. Kevin Feeney has not lost to BHS since he has been the coach at Fargo South. These kids know what it takes to win a state championship. Fargo South's fifth straight title game apperance and their only loss was to a loaded Grand Forks Central team. I don't think this years Bismarck High team can compare to that GFC team of 05'. Fargo South will win in the best AAA state title game in years. Fargo South 20 BHS 14.
P.S. only "An act of God" will help BHS win :wink:
StateChamp55

Postby D-Pain » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:25 pm

I'll be at the game and I can't wait to see the looks on the BHS players and coaches face as they watch their 2008 Dakota Bowl championship slip away because of a blur of darkness, #21. :twisted: It was earlier said that the BHS players know what they're doing because they "have experience in the championship game." They have experience in losing, while South has experience in butt whooping, especially in last years game.
South taps- 37
Last edited by D-Pain on Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D-Pain
NDPreps Starter

Postby MARKWALD23 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:43 pm

I have sources that say Bismarck are the favorites to win state. So all you south faithfuls who think you are going for a three-peat better think again.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby D-Pain » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:46 pm

MARKWALD23 wrote:I have sources that say Bismarck are the favorites to win state. So all you south faithfuls who think you are going for a three-peat better think again.

Mark, your parents aren't reliable, unbiased sources.
D-Pain
NDPreps Starter

Postby MARKWALD23 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:48 pm

haha you crack me up D
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby D-Pain » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:49 pm

MARKWALD23 wrote:haha you crack me up D

love you too. :wink:
D-Pain
NDPreps Starter

Postby MARKWALD23 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:54 pm

Not really so much of a source but I found this site yesterday. Quite interesting.

http://www.highschoolsports.net/default ... rtby=champ
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AAAsportsfan » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:27 pm

This website has already been proven wrong as they have Watford City's odds at #4 in the state and we already know that isn't happenin!

AAAsportsfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby oldtymer » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:44 pm

StateChamp55 wrote:Depending on who you are you may think BHS has Fargo South beat in every phase of the game on paper. But the one thing Fargo South has that BHS doesn't is that they know how to win. Kevin Feeney has not lost to BHS since he has been the coach at Fargo South. These kids know what it takes to win a state championship. Fargo South's fifth straight title game apperance and their only loss was to a loaded Grand Forks Central team. I don't think this years Bismarck High team can compare to that GFC team of 05'. Fargo South will win in the best AAA state title game in years. Fargo South 20 BHS 14.
P.S. only "An act of God" will help BHS win :wink:

Im sure the BHS players are really worried about that. Some guy with a clipboard isnt going to intimidate them. As far as i know Kevin Feeney isnt eligible to suit up to play anymore.
oldtymer

Postby trackbbfan » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:09 pm

Kevin Feeney might now how to win......he learned how to do this when he played at BHS.
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:33 pm

MARKWALD23 wrote:Not really so much of a source but I found this site yesterday. Quite interesting.

A statistics site means nothing.
Also, it hasn't been updated for the semifinals yet. I'd put money on South being ahead of BHS after their handling of Century.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby StateChamp55 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:25 am

trackbbfan wrote:Kevin Feeney might now how to win......he learned how to do this when he played at BHS.

And NDSU I might add :mrgreen:
StateChamp55

Postby squeak63 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:25 am

you also have to realize that our "god child" is arguably a better athlete in track than he is in football... not if you ask the kid he says he wants to play football at the next level but i could see him getting offers for some very lagit track schools
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby MHSfan » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:46 pm

South is going to have their hands full with Bismarck. BHS has one of the most complete offenses the state has seen in a while and South is more one dementional with their over rated running back in Brandon Jemmison. He's good but not a god like all the Fargo people put him up to be on here. He's no Catlin Solum or Josh Horner and Bismarck's defense will eat him up and contain him when he trys to bounce it every time. When Minot holds him to about 70 yards on the ground until about 3 minutes left in the game, thats pretty good considering BHS's defense is more complete than Minot's and they will be ready for him. I'm ready to watch the South egos fall and get their hearts broken on statewide tv. Haha actually i'm going down to watch it myself but i might DVR it to keep it whenever i need a quick laugh. Good luck Bismarck
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby trackbbfan » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:49 pm

Also....Miller is only a junior (Jemison is a senior, right?). How many yards and yards per carry did Jemison have last year? Was NDSU knocking on his door this time last year?

I think I speak for the rest of the state.....Good Luck BIsmarck Demons!
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Re: BHS v. Southn

Postby SouthPlaya72 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:24 pm

ok well first of all Brandon only ran a couple times he was done before halftime. the only reaon he got seventy yards was BECAUSE we didn't NEED him to win. we were tearing up chs with our sophmore Adam boe! He is a stud and there are sophmore games where everytime he touches the ball he scores. So please quit saying our whole team is Brandon...yea is a amazing player but we have alot of other amazing athletes for example achter, callahan, seltvedt, luckey, kingsley, hooey, nagel and alot more so when we are cheering on Saturday all these players destroyed you not just brandon!
SouthPlaya72
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Agent Cooper » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:53 pm

South uses 8,9, 10 different kids to run the ball and wear teams down - it's not all Jemison. And as far as MHSFan's comments, who cares when he gets his yards. You may contain him but at some point he's going to break one. And as far as NDSU knocking on his door, I suspect they were interested in Jemison after he was an all-state selection last year as a linebacker.

It should be a good game as both teams have improved a lot from early season losses. South's defense has improved and should b an interesting matchup with Thornton and Miller and company.
Agent Cooper
NDPreps Rookie

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:25 pm

MHSfan wrote:He's good but not a god like all the Fargo people put him up to be on here. He's no Catlin Solum or Josh Horner and Bismarck's defense will eat him up and contain him when he trys to bounce it every time.

Bismark fans on here kept saying the same thing about Horner last year. That didn't work out too well.

MHSfan wrote:When Minot holds him to about 70 yards on the ground until about 3 minutes left in the game, thats pretty good considering BHS's defense is more complete than Minot's and they will be ready for him.

You don't know about what happened during the CHS game, so don't say things that are wrong.
From the Fargo Fool'em.
Jemison was injured late in the second quarter, and did not play in the second half. He finished with 91 rushing yards on 16 carries.

Feeney said after the game that Jemison will start the state title game. Jemison was held out of the second half as a precaution, Feeney said.

“He just got his bell rung,” Feeney said of Jemison. “He’ll be ready to go (next week). At this point in the season, you want to make sure everybody is healthy.”

Despite Jemison’s absence, the Bruins still managed to find success on the ground thanks to huge holes provided by the offensive line. Sophomore running back Adam Boe picked up where Jemison left off, going for 103 yards and a touchdown on 15 second-half carries. It was the most extensive work of the season for Boe.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to AAA