BHS v. South

The teams in Class AAA

Re: BHS v. South

Postby StateChamp55 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:02 pm

So does anyone this year think Fargo South has an advantage because they have played on astro turf before this year?
StateChamp55

Postby nd_football_69 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:00 pm

King James wrote:
StateChamp55 wrote:
janobilly20 wrote:i just hope it is a better state championship game than last year. i recall the same thing happening on here where the bhs kids thought they were, as TI would say, on top of the world.....south is gonna put a whoopin on bismarck 28-14.

You are right this discussion has been far better considering KingJames has decided not to post this week.

Screw this. I cant sit back and watch this any longer. The only reason its been better from your standpoint state champ is because i havent been given you reasons all week about south losing all week, making your nights much more pleasant and allowing you to sleep better. If you are who i think you are I love your picture on south's website of you straddling the field goal post.

I love how you look at pictures of guys on the internet and dont say your just trying to scout them out, you dont even play football
nd_football_69
NDPreps Reserve

Postby football guy » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:15 pm

StateChamp55 wrote:So does anyone this year think Fargo South has an advantage because they have played on astro turf before this year?

No. If you are a good team you should win no matter what type of field you play on. It might be considered somewhat of an advantage when South plays state at the Dome because it is in their hometown, but both teams have to travel to Grand Forks this year. If you are ment to be a state champion it should not matter where you u play or if you are playing on carpet or grass.
football guy

Postby King James » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:09 pm

and please tell me where i lack knowledge for the game i would love to learn.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby trackbbfan » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:58 pm

We should have all placed bets as to how long KJ could sit back and read this stuff. Good luck to both teams....I hope it is a great high school football game.
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby King James » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:12 pm

Why did mine and D-Pains posts get deleted? It was all between me and him there was nothing bad said about anyone else.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby GFRR99 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:35 pm

D-Pain wrote:
StateChamp55 wrote:
janobilly20 wrote:i just hope it is a better state championship game than last year. i recall the same thing happening on here where the bhs kids thought they were, as TI would say, on top of the world.....south is gonna put a whoopin on bismarck 28-14.

You are right this discussion has been far better considering KingJames has decided not to post this week.

King James doesnt even play football, he just thinks he has knowledge about football because his friends play the game. :lol: I heard theres a scholarship for the Umary basketball teams waterboy position. Im sure he knows people that will let him get that spot. :lol:

ha low blow but true
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby PlayHard-KHCO » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:06 pm

Fargo south 22
BHS 17
"The road to Easy Street goes through the sewer."
John Madden
PlayHard-KHCO
NDPreps Starter

Postby footballfan00 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:28 pm

GFRR99 wrote:
D-Pain wrote:
StateChamp55 wrote:

King James doesnt even play football, he just thinks he has knowledge about football because his friends play the game. :lol: I heard theres a scholarship for the Umary basketball teams waterboy position. Im sure he knows people that will let him get that spot. :lol:

ha low blow but true

Very low blow. How old are we?! Just because KingJames has confidence for his team, and shows it on here and you all bash him on that. I know he use to play football and follows ND football very well, prob more than anymore, so he knows what he is talking about when he says BHS is over South this weekend.
Good luck Demons.
footballfan00

Postby jonny906 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:03 am

PlayHard-KHCO, is your profile picture a snapshot of Qvale?
jonny906
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:44 am

King James wrote:Why did mine and D-Pains posts get deleted? It was all between me and him there was nothing bad said about anyone else.

If it's just between you two use PMs.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby AAAsportsfan » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:27 am

Are you kiddin? Qvale is WAY bigger than the guy in that picture! :lol:
AAAsportsfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby janobilly20 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:43 pm

footballfan00 wrote:
GFRR99 wrote:
D-Pain wrote:
StateChamp55 wrote:

ha low blow but true

Very low blow. How old are we?! Just because KingJames has confidence for his team, and shows it on here and you all bash him on that. I know he use to play football and follows ND football very well, prob more than anymore, so he knows what he is talking about when he says BHS is over South this weekend.
Good luck Demons.

shes not sayin the demons are gonna win because of her knowledge of AAA football. its because she goes to bhs. she doesnnt know what shes talkin about. shes just biased. and that is fine but for you to say she knows what she is talkin about when she takes bhs over south is complete and utter bull crap
janobilly20
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:03 pm

janobilly20 wrote:
footballfan00 wrote:
GFRR99 wrote:
D-Pain wrote:
StateChamp55 wrote:

ha low blow but true

Good luck Demons.

shes not sayin the demons are gonna win because of her knowledge of AAA football. its because she goes to bhs. she doesnnt know what shes talkin about. shes just biased. and that is fine but for you to say she knows what she is talkin about when she takes bhs over south is complete and utter bull crap

King James is not a woman.

I have heard other people, who aren't from the West, who have watched South play, say that it will be a close game.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby King James » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:42 pm

Mike Ditka cant even stop the demons right now. About 30 hours from now I will be sittin back and enjoying reading all the excuses why Fargo South lost. One other thing I'm very dissapointed in Steve Thomas, a bismarck tribune sports writer, he picked Fargo South and i always thought he was a demon fan. So i guess its just one more guy that BHS is about to prove wrong... No Excuses Play Like A Champion Demons!
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby nd_football_69 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:26 pm

King James wrote:Mike Ditka cant even stop the demons right now. About 30 hours from now I will be sittin back and enjoying reading all the excuses why Fargo South lost. One other thing I'm very dissapointed in Steve Thomas, a bismarck tribune sports writer, he picked Fargo South and i always thought he was a demon fan. So i guess its just one more guy that BHS is about to prove wrong... No Excuses Play Like A Champion Demons!

yeah but kevin feeney can and kevin feeney will
nd_football_69
NDPreps Reserve

Postby King James » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:49 pm

Kevin Feeney this and Kevin Feeney that. If i had 5 lineman that all weigh over 250 pounds almost every year and can move quick, and a have a running back that every year could run by anyone I could win a ND high school state championship.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby cubsfan » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:57 pm

I think the two major differences in this game were the special teams and turnovers. I think these were two evenly matched teams.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby King James » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:44 pm

God i love being right all the time. Some evaluations of the game.
1.) Jake Miller is a better player than Jemison. I was impressed with Jemison's athletic ability but mentally i dont think he is tough enough. He helped BHS out more than he helped his own team. He had 2 fumbles (1 lost). He made the biggest mistake of the game when he committed the facemask penalty that i believe would have forced BHS to punt and given South the ball back with 3 minutes I think. Jake went over 100 yards. Played outstanding defense at corner. Then he had a pick for six when south tried to get cute with their little hook and ladder play.
2.) Klein and Karel the 2 guys this team leaned on all year and the senior captains were awesome. Karel was everywhere on D last night. And BHS was most successful when running behind Klein. Austin Gunderson also had a big game at cornerback.
3.) Gibson and his staff outcoached South. There defensive was prepared for everything South threw at them. I dont care if South had 300 plus yards. They scored 12 or 13 points on Bismarck's defense. Offensively they just grinded it out. They kept South's defense on the field. They turned Miller into a workhorse and Esley made plays when he needed to.
4.) Jacobson's punt at the end of the game was big time. He ended up getting interviewed on the radio for it. Not to many times do you see high school punters get interviewed for their great performance
5.) Esley Thorton made plays. He put the dangles on Jemison a couple times to avoid sacks. He stripped the ball away from Jemison on defense. He recovered the onside kick. Then he picked off the pass at the end of the game to seal the deal.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby hybrid » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:39 pm

i kno it's hard to say it but king james it totally right. It was well played by both teams but bhs really stepped up on defense in my opinion. they didn't stop south by any means but played extremely well on the 'bend dont break' system. miller's hook and ladder pick was huge. also larson is ok but didnt seem ready to pilot a state championship team. im glad i can say tradition graduated and the west got some credit for the first time since 2001. East has been amazing with south and West Fargo dominating state 5of6 times since 2002.South players can now return from the clouds and realize they're humans just like every other football player in North dakota. well done demons. cant wait for next year. only 9 months till august lol

(so called) fs dynasty- over
hybrid
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baseball18 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:34 pm

You have to give credit to BHS's o and d lines... Klein and Karel were opening huge holes, it seemed like everytime they ran to Karel's side miller would get a huge gain. Karel was all over the field recovering fumbles, in on tackles, and sacks... mvp of the game IMO was Tyler Karel
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby 4who4what32 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:43 pm

Congrats to south for winning. Both teams were highly regarded going in and seemed like South made Bismarck pay for their mistakes.
4who4what32

Postby baseball18 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:28 pm

4who4what32 wrote:Congrats to south for winning. Both teams were highly regarded going in and seemed like South made Bismarck pay for their mistakes.

umm.... Bismarck won
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby football guy » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:33 pm

4who4what32 wrote:Congrats to south for winning. Both teams were highly regarded going in and seemed like South made Bismarck pay for their mistakes.

I really hope that this is an honest mistake and your not trying to be funny... BISMARCK HIGH = Best Team in the State 08
football guy

Postby KidNPlay88 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:31 pm

Didn't Jemison have more yards in this game than Miller. I just don't see how someone can see miller as the best RB in the state when the RB that played on the other side had a bigger rushing performance. Expain this to me. Miller is a great player no disrespect.
KidNPlay88

PreviousNext

Return to AAA