BHS v. South

The teams in Class AAA

Re: BHS v. South

Postby squeak63 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:56 pm

KidNPlay88 wrote:Didn't Jemison have more yards in this game than Miller. I just don't see how someone can see miller as the best RB in the state when the RB that played on the other side had a bigger rushing performance. Expain this to me. Miller is a great player no disrespect.

A. Because he is only and junior and the person he was running against was a senior. B. I believe that Jemison had like 5 more carries than jake... and with jake 5 carries could be 50+ yards you never know
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby KidNPlay88 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:50 pm

O Because i was read in the paper that Jemison had one more carry. And being a junior or a sophomore doesn't gage talent does it. If you have a QB that is good such as thorton it doesn't matter his age if he is good as a sophomore or good as a senior it doesn't make them the best by age its by talent.
KidNPlay88

Postby King James » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:07 pm

Who won state again? Why does it matter if you think Jemison is better? He's never playing high school football again. Why dont south fans quit whining and move on to next year, even though next year isn't looking to good for south. BHS will go undefeated, and i would like someone try to tell me they wont.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby centuryfan » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:40 pm

King James wrote:Who won state again? Why does it matter if you think Jemison is better? He's never playing high school football again. Why dont south fans quit whining and move on to next year, even though next year isn't looking to good for south. BHS will go undefeated, and i would like someone try to tell me they wont.
They wont
centuryfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MHSfan » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:56 pm

centuryfan wrote:
King James wrote:Who won state again? Why does it matter if you think Jemison is better? He's never playing high school football again. Why dont south fans quit whining and move on to next year, even though next year isn't looking to good for south. BHS will go undefeated, and i would like someone try to tell me they wont.
They wont

Haha, okay. They return Thortan(QB) Miller(RB) Winkels(FB) Krueger(Mr. Everything) Jolliffe and plebty of experienced underclassman. Who's going to stop them? Century? :lol:
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nd_football_69 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:05 pm

MHSfan wrote:
centuryfan wrote:
They wont

Haha, okay. They return Thortan(QB) Miller(RB) Winkels(FB) Krueger(Mr. Everything) Jolliffe and plenty of experienced underclassman. Who's going to stop them? Century? :lol:

more then likely the only lineman they are loosing is munson so they should be set there, and they are bringing back govig,emil(if he can stay healthy), glass, and jacobs
nd_football_69
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MHSfan » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:18 pm

Who's going to throw to them?
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nd_football_69 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:21 pm

MHSfan wrote:Who's going to throw to them?

I think they have a QB that will be a senior and then they have wentz's little brother
nd_football_69
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MHSfan » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:25 pm

Ya century might have a slight chance but it's hard to beat a team like BHS that has so many skill players coming back. Four returning all state players is pretty impressive to have coming back to your team. Every team in the state will have their hands full regardless of who they have.
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby KidNPlay88 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:33 pm

Well king james its not being a south fan its being a football fan. If someone is better than someone else give them the credit. BHS won because they were better that game. Even though south committed 5 turnovers bismarck still won. And willistons Qb is still a good player probably better than thorton. So give the players credit for what they do not where they go to school.
KidNPlay88

Postby daddy » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:03 pm

King James wrote:God i love being right all the time. Some evaluations of the game.
1.) Jake Miller is a better player than Jemison. I was impressed with Jemison's athletic ability but mentally i dont think he is tough enough. He helped BHS out more than he helped his own team. He had 2 fumbles (1 lost). He made the biggest mistake of the game when he committed the facemask penalty that i believe would have forced BHS to punt and given South the ball back with 3 minutes I think. Jake went over 100 yards. Played outstanding defense at corner. Then he had a pick for six when south tried to get cute with their little hook and ladder play.
2.) Klein and Karel the 2 guys this team leaned on all year and the senior captains were awesome. Karel was everywhere on D last night. And BHS was most successful when running behind Klein. Austin Gunderson also had a big game at cornerback.
3.) Gibson and his staff outcoached South. There defensive was prepared for everything South threw at them. I dont care if South had 300 plus yards. They scored 12 or 13 points on Bismarck's defense. Offensively they just grinded it out. They kept South's defense on the field. They turned Miller into a workhorse and Esley made plays when he needed to.
4.) Jacobson's punt at the end of the game was big time. He ended up getting interviewed on the radio for it. Not to many times do you see high school punters get interviewed for their great performance
5.) Esley Thorton made plays. He put the dangles on Jemison a couple times to avoid sacks. He stripped the ball away from Jemison on defense. He recovered the onside kick. Then he picked off the pass at the end of the game to seal the deal.

some evaluations of the game.
1) bismarks offensive line was one of the worst in the state mainly at the guards
2) bismarks defensive line... ha their a joke
3) you won state of 09 smart one south took a dump on you guys in 08
4) #63 must have messed up on the stats because miller is even close to any of the running south has had
5) never heard of a team leaning on the stat boys for a season although you guys were on the bench so the team probably were just resting on your shoulders.
daddy

Postby squeak63 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:13 pm

daddy wrote:
King James wrote:God i love being right all the time. Some evaluations of the game.
1.) Jake Miller is a better player than Jemison. I was impressed with Jemison's athletic ability but mentally i dont think he is tough enough. He helped BHS out more than he helped his own team. He had 2 fumbles (1 lost). He made the biggest mistake of the game when he committed the facemask penalty that i believe would have forced BHS to punt and given South the ball back with 3 minutes I think. Jake went over 100 yards. Played outstanding defense at corner. Then he had a pick for six when south tried to get cute with their little hook and ladder play.
2.) Klein and Karel the 2 guys this team leaned on all year and the senior captains were awesome. Karel was everywhere on D last night. And BHS was most successful when running behind Klein. Austin Gunderson also had a big game at cornerback.
3.) Gibson and his staff outcoached South. There defensive was prepared for everything South threw at them. I dont care if South had 300 plus yards. They scored 12 or 13 points on Bismarck's defense. Offensively they just grinded it out. They kept South's defense on the field. They turned Miller into a workhorse and Esley made plays when he needed to.
4.) Jacobson's punt at the end of the game was big time. He ended up getting interviewed on the radio for it. Not to many times do you see high school punters get interviewed for their great performance
5.) Esley Thorton made plays. He put the dangles on Jemison a couple times to avoid sacks. He stripped the ball away from Jemison on defense. He recovered the onside kick. Then he picked off the pass at the end of the game to seal the deal.

1) bismarks offensive line was one of the worst in the state mainly at the guards
4) #63 must have messed up on the stats because miller is even close to any of the running south has had
5) never heard of a team leaning on the stat boys for a season although you guys were on the bench so the team probably were just resting on your shoulders.

oh well south may have been better than bhs in all those area's but in the end the BHS players will still have a ring around their fingers that says state champions 2008 ... yes they might be graduating in 09 but it was the 08 football season being that it ended in 08 and BHS took it home just like i am confident they are going to do next year!
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby goteam11 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:30 pm

squeak63 wrote:
daddy wrote:

oh well south may have been better than bhs in all those area's but in the end the BHS players will still have a ring around their fingers that says state champions 2008 ... yes they might be graduating in 09 but it was the 08 football season being that it ended in 08 and BHS took it home just like i am confident they are going to do next year!

i agree with squeak63 on this one. they will win state next year. and how can you say that about bhs even though they dominated south. also how was jake miller, who got all state running back, not even close to as good as any of the running backs south had?
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball06 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:39 pm

squeak63 is right..repeat for bhs in '09. They return Thorton, Miller, Winkels, Jolliffe, Deyle, Kreuger, Jenner, and nelly to name a few. Thats a good few
baseball06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:00 pm

goteam11 wrote:yes they might be graduating in 09 but it was the 08 football season being that it ended in 08 and BHS took it home just like i am confident they are going to do next year!

Sounds like Red River hockey last year. :mrgreen:
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby FSHBruins10 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:06 am

HockeyHigh wrote:
goteam11 wrote:yes they might be graduating in 09 but it was the 08 football season being that it ended in 08 and BHS took it home just like i am confident they are going to do next year!

Sounds like Red River hockey last year. :mrgreen:

wow tell me about it :lol:
Strive for Excellence
122 State Championships and counting...
BRUIN PRIDE
FSHBruins10
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to AAA