45%
Century
12%
South
24%

Total votes : 42

Champions

Postby MHSfan » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:15 pm

I know this is a little early but who does everyone think? I'm picking Bismarck to go all the way. South in my opinion is over-hyped and Bismarck's defense will shut down Jemmison
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Champions

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:28 pm

Fargo South over Bismark High just like last year.
/opinion
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby StateChamp55 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:36 am

We still got a weekend to play you never know what could happen. If everything goes as it should Bismarck High vs Fargo South in the Dakota Bowl
StateChamp55

Postby King James » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:32 pm

must be a lot of die hard williston fans on here.. why else would anyone pick them
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby Orr4 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:59 pm

King James wrote:must be a lot of die hard williston fans on here.. why else would anyone pick them

Is there a problem with having hometown spirit?
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:03 pm

King James wrote:must be a lot of die hard williston fans on here.. why else would anyone pick them

Weren't you the guy saying that you were going to talk up your team until they give you a reason not too?
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby AAAsportsfan » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:42 pm

Touche` Just might make a few people cheer AGAINST Bismarck should they make it to the championship game. Being confident in your team is one thing, but being cocky and OVERconfident might come back to bite you!!
AAAsportsfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby King James » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:52 pm

NDSportsFan wrote:

Weren't you the guy saying that you were going to talk up your team until they give you a reason not too?

Yes I was. But Bismarck has won like 8 in a row i think it is. South has won 9 in a row. Bismarck beat Williston by 30 last time. Would have won by 40 if the starters would have played the whole game. South also beat them by 30 ( not sure when starters were pulled). Both teams scored over 50 points in this game. So unless someone is going to try and convince me that Willistons defense has improved enough to hold these 2 teams under 30 and there offense can keep up with there high powered offense i dont see any way Williston even challenges these guys. Yeah they might have improved but so has BHS and Fargo South. Both teams have just been blowing out everyone they've played the last few weeks. And as the weather gets worse so does the Williston offense because all they do is pass pass pass pass pass pass
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:59 pm

I pick BHS over Willy but I don't see them going over the home town boys of South. a 3 hour trip is still a 3 hour trip and sleeping in your own bed has it advances. South is use to playin indoors @ the Dome. All these points add up to South for a 3 peat.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby AAAsportsfan » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:15 pm

State FB is in Grand Forks this year, not the Fargo Dome. Fargo won't have that advantage this year.
AAAsportsfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Orr4 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:59 pm

King James wrote:
NDSportsFan wrote:

Yes I was. But Bismarck has won like 8 in a row i think it is. South has won 9 in a row. Bismarck beat Williston by 30 last time. Would have won by 40 if the starters would have played the whole game. South also beat them by 30 ( not sure when starters were pulled). Both teams scored over 50 points in this game. So unless someone is going to try and convince me that Willistons defense has improved enough to hold these 2 teams under 30 and there offense can keep up with there high powered offense i dont see any way Williston even challenges these guys. Yeah they might have improved but so has BHS and Fargo South. Both teams have just been blowing out everyone they've played the last few weeks. And as the weather gets worse so does the Williston offense because all they do is pass pass pass pass pass pass

Well Williston has won 6 in a row?!?! Williston's defense has improved. They only pass pass pass pass pass when the running game isn't working, other than that they try to balance out their offense. And you saying that. Williston's last loss was to BHS....in the 4th week of the season. Now it might just be me but that was quite awhile ago.....
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby King James » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:51 pm

thats right who was there last lost to? and who have they played since then? north and minot? both average to below average teams
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby football guy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:58 pm

AAAsportsfan wrote:State FB is in Grand Forks this year, not the Fargo Dome. Fargo won't have that advantage this year.

The advantage for South of playing in the Fargo Dome is not as big of a deal as everyone makes it. Sure they might have a slight advantage because they play at home and they play more than one game on padded cement ("turf"), but they won state two years ago in GF. I think that Bismarck High usually practices on a field, similar to the turf in the Fargo Dome and Alerus Center,the week before they play in those stadiums.
football guy

Postby papabutch74 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:35 pm

football guy wrote:
AAAsportsfan wrote:State FB is in Grand Forks this year, not the Fargo Dome. Fargo won't have that advantage this year.

The advantage for South of playing in the Fargo Dome is not as big of a deal as everyone makes it. Sure they might have a slight advantage because they play at home and they play more than one game on padded cement ("turf"), but they won state two years ago in GF. I think that Bismarck High usually practices on a field, similar to the turf in the Fargo Dome and Alerus Center,the week before they play in those stadiums.

it is a big deal.. theyre used to the turf. the feeling of being down on the field in the fargodome.. its not something thats very easily adjusted to if you dont play there 4 games a seaseon
papabutch74
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:14 pm

papabutch74 wrote:
football guy wrote:

it is a big deal.. theyre used to the turf. the feeling of being down on the field in the fargodome.. its not something thats very easily adjusted to if you dont play there 4 games a seaseon

the state title game is not in the fargo dome this year its in the alerus... totally different building not nearly as overwelming as the fargo dome
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:41 am

As far as I know, both teams practice on turf leading up to the game. (The week before) Therefore, it won't be a huge decider in the result.

The game's at the Alerus, so neither team has a distinct advantage, so just let the teams play, it'll work itself out.

I'm also assuming that neither team will get upset, which is possible.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby somebody » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:33 am

I wish Bismarck would have put the bubble around the bowl, 'cause the bowl has a dang good field.

BHS practices in a gold dome before the Fargo Dome games, the exact same thing as a stadium... :roll:

I say BHS vs. South for the championship, after the CHS south game I'll say what I think the score will be.
somebody

Postby papabutch74 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:16 pm

hey id like to thank everyone on here that believed in bhs this year. thanks a lot!
papabutch74
NDPreps Starter

Return to AAA