The teams in Class AAA

Williston at Fargo North

Postby ND Football Guy » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:49 pm

Who are you picking and why?
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Re: Williston at Fargo North

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:55 pm

Williston, they got some studs and they have a very large team. However, I still believe this game could go either way, it all depends on how North rebounds from how South dominated their offense. If Williston shuts down North early, I have a feeling Williston will win.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Rodgers4ever » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:19 am

If you look at the beginning of the season williston got anihilated by south. last week north put up a fight. i know the whs south game was a month and a half ago but i do think that north has the advantage here.
If their shooting at you, you're doing something right
Rodgers4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby LIVE2PLAYxHOCKEY » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:39 pm

from what iv'e seen out of these 2 teams so far in the year i realy think this game will be a real battle and will more then likely come down to special teams. and since special teams are so effected by weather. i strongly beleive that weather will play a large role in this game
Wheres the knee
LIVE2PLAYxHOCKEY
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball18 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:52 pm

Rodgers4ever wrote:If you look at the beginning of the season williston got anihilated by south. last week north put up a fight. i know the whs south game was a month and a half ago but i do think that north has the advantage here.

key words being beginning of the season...

Williston 26 North 24

Im gonna take Williston. North will overlook them. Williston has a very underrated offense and their QB is a stud... he's put up some good numbers. Williston can dominate in the trenches and that is a vital part of having success in high school football.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby trackbbfan » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:31 pm

Fargo North 35
Williston 21

North has really come on strong this season. They will contain Hanson/Skadeland.
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Thirty » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:58 pm

trackbbfan wrote:Fargo North 35
Williston 21

North has really come on strong this season. They will contain Hanson/Skadeland.

I think that if they focus too much on Hanson and Skad, Michaelson will have the game of his life. I think that Michaelson is a good running back, and I think he's underrated because he's surrounded by a lot of talent.
Thirty
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:57 pm

Rodgers4ever wrote:If you look at the beginning of the season williston got anihilated by south. last week north put up a fight. i know the whs south game was a month and a half ago but i do think that north has the advantage here.

As I mentioned in another thread, I personally believed that North really did get blown out. The score didn't really show the result of the game. Without one play by North, South held them to under 75 yards, while South themselves getting over 300 yards, with plenty of failed conversions deep in the North end zone.
The difference of the scores in the two games were relatively the same (Wahp/South and North/South), but I do believe South has gotten better lately. However, the transitive property doesn't work in sports, and you honestly can't say which will win simply because one played better than the other.
This is a tossup playoff game, in my opinion. If Williston holds of North early, they'll probably win, but if North gets off on the right foot, it could be a long night for Willy at North.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby StateChamp55 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:32 pm

Fargo North will score early and often against the Cyotes of Williston. McDougall and Schnabel will have themselves a day. North wins 36-13
StateChamp55

Postby Shanny69 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:43 am

This game will be in Willistons favor beacauce North thinks Hanson, Qvale, and Skad are the only studs on the team, they have alot more talent then just them. And North will find that out on Saturday. Williston Wins 34-21.
Shanny69
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GoAus8 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:50 pm

7 hours is a long way to drive, could possibly play a factor but even so north wins on the ground with McDougall 21-13
GoAus8
NDPreps Starter

Postby KyleJRM » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:07 pm

Excellent game for both sides, Williston scores with a couple minutes to go on a drive that included two fourth-down conversions, then converts for 2 to take a 3-point lead. Fargo drives pretty well, gets a 40-yard FG try off into the wind with 1 second to play, it comes up short. Williston wins 30-27.
KyleJRM
NDPreps Starter

Postby AAAsportsfan » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:07 am

How bout them COYOTES!!! :D
AAAsportsfan
NDPreps Reserve

Return to AAA