2008 Class AAA Quarterfinal Playoff Schedule

The teams in Class AAA

Re: 2008 Class AAA Quarterfinal Playoff Schedule

Postby ndfootballfan23 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:45 pm

squeak63 wrote:
highheat wrote:
King James wrote:
SouthPlaya72 wrote:Well thanks for the Nice comment and me and my brother Brandon will be drinking alot of Kool aid when he burns past bismarck just like he has done to every player in North Dakota.

Cant wait for BHS to win and all this fargo south tradition never dies bull crap is over. BHS has the 2 best offensive weapons in the state in Esley Thorton and Jake Miller. You could even argue that Calvin Krueger is one of the top 5 best offensive players in the state. I'll tell you why South is going to lose. They always rely on scoring 40 points a game. Well this Bismarck offense is as good as any offense I've seen. And BHS has the better defense, and defense is going to decide the outcome of this game.

south has far and away the best offensive weapon in the state and has an equally good defense. and bismarck has found a way to choke in the playoffs the last couple years and i dont see them bucking that trend this year.

i am wondering how they have choked in the playoffs??? 2 years ago they beat west fargo in the first round when everyone on here thought the east would sweep the quarter finals and then they ended up losing to south who clearly was the best team in the state. last year they beat minot on their feild who was the 1 seed in the west and huge favorites to win that game and ended up losing to south who was a better team then them... that is not choking

so what your trying to say is that bismark has lost to south two years in a row now.. what makes you think any of that will change? sounds like south has a tradition of beating you guys in the playoffs.
ndfootballfan23

Postby kingjames » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:05 pm

I like the people from bismarck that get all excited and talk big on this site. every year its the same talk and every year its the same thing. they're driving back home on a bus and watching the championship game from the couches. oh those silly demons
kingjames
NDPreps Starter

Postby trackbbfan » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:11 pm

How can they watch the championship game from their couch when they are playing in the game? You are right, the Demons should let the Bruins win in one sport.......they dominate in every other sport.
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:24 pm

ndfootballfan23 wrote:
squeak63 wrote:
highheat wrote:
King James wrote:
SouthPlaya72 wrote:Well thanks for the Nice comment and me and my brother Brandon will be drinking alot of Kool aid when he burns past bismarck just like he has done to every player in North Dakota.

Cant wait for BHS to win and all this fargo south tradition never dies bull crap is over. BHS has the 2 best offensive weapons in the state in Esley Thorton and Jake Miller. You could even argue that Calvin Krueger is one of the top 5 best offensive players in the state. I'll tell you why South is going to lose. They always rely on scoring 40 points a game. Well this Bismarck offense is as good as any offense I've seen. And BHS has the better defense, and defense is going to decide the outcome of this game.

south has far and away the best offensive weapon in the state and has an equally good defense. and bismarck has found a way to choke in the playoffs the last couple years and i dont see them bucking that trend this year.

i am wondering how they have choked in the playoffs??? 2 years ago they beat west fargo in the first round when everyone on here thought the east would sweep the quarter finals and then they ended up losing to south who clearly was the best team in the state. last year they beat minot on their feild who was the 1 seed in the west and huge favorites to win that game and ended up losing to south who was a better team then them... that is not choking

so what your trying to say is that bismark has lost to south two years in a row now.. what makes you think any of that will change? sounds like south has a tradition of beating you guys in the playoffs.

no i was stating the better team won those 2 years so by no means did they choke. in my mind a "choke" in the playoffs is losing to a team that you are supposed to beat
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby kingjames » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:36 pm

so last year during halftime of the state championship game, bismarck's coach was interviewed and was asked "so coach whats it going to take for u guys to get back in this game?"... and he so boldy replied " an act of god."... now. im no espn analyst im just a highschool kid who watches football but wow what kind of coach says that? does that not say anything about the respect he has for the best team in north dakota 3 years running? after all they havent lost a game to a north dakota team in three years... i think they're legit and i think that this miller kid that ive never heard of is going to have a tough time running against south's d, theyve been stopping the run all year.
kingjames
NDPreps Starter

Postby King James » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:08 pm

Ten reasons BHS wins state:
1. Best Offense in the state
2. Defense has been strong in the 2nd half of the season.
3. Special Teams makes plays
4. Offense Line is rock solid
5. Great run defense
6. Esley Thorton
7. Jake Miller
8. There riding a lot of momentum going into the playoffs after killin century last week for the WDA title.
9. Coaching staff have done a great job this year.
10. South is not that good!
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby centuryfan » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:31 pm

King James wrote:Ten reasons BHS wins state:
5. Great run defense
6. Esley Thorton
7. Jake Miller
8. There riding a lot of momentum going into the playoffs after killin century last week for the WDA title.

A very banged up Century
centuryfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby papabutch74 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:51 pm

centuryfan wrote:
5. Great run defense
6. Esley Thorton
7. Jake Miller

A very banged up Century

banged up or not.. a wins a win.. and just because that emil kids out doesnt mean much.. what happened to that great pass attack.. it didnt seem to do a whole lot
papabutch74
NDPreps Starter

Postby centuryfan » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:08 pm

papabutch74 wrote:
centuryfan wrote:
5. Great run defense
6. Esley Thorton
7. Jake Miller

A very banged up Century

banged up or not.. a wins a win.. and just because that emil kids out doesnt mean much.. what happened to that great pass attack.. it didnt seem to do a whole lot
Its pretty hard to have a great pass attack when teams can sit back in coverage all day
centuryfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby mike thingstad » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:20 am

If not for some of the worst officiating ever up in WF miller would have had 150 yards, and about 250 total yards since his 80 yard catch got called back. Also Esley wasn't playing so WF knew BHS wasn't going to pass.

Kingjames which way is it?
mike thingstad
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootballfan23 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:36 pm

5. Great run defense
6. Esley Thorton
7. Jake Miller

i highly doubt that bismark will stop south's offense that averages 250+ yards of rushing every game. maybe your coaching staff has done a great job all year but have you ever heard of the name Kevin Feeney???? the only game he has lost in the last 3 years is to edina and it looks like they rebounded nicely wining something like 9 straight..
ndfootballfan23

Postby ndfootballfan23 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:39 pm

squeak63 wrote:
ndfootballfan23 wrote:
squeak63 wrote:
highheat wrote:
King James wrote:

no i was stating the better team won those 2 years so by no means did they choke. in my mind a "choke" in the playoffs is losing to a team that you are supposed to beat

correct.. you are supposed to lose to south everyone in ND is supposed to lose in football to south thats why they will 3-peat
ndfootballfan23

Postby kingjames » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:02 pm

trackbbfan wrote:How can they watch the championship game from their couch when they are playing in the game? You are right, the Demons should let the Bruins win in one sport.......they dominate in every other sport.

okay trackbbfan. So.... Bismarck wins a state basketball championship..... meatheads can wrestle and ur big amazing cross country team wins races. horrrraay!!!! u now have 3 sports that u can hang ur hat on, so please excuse south while we win the sports that more than parents go to, and even thats stretching it for wrestling and cross country.... get off ur high horse. Just cause ur the capital doesn't mean anybody cares abuot u more than newtown, nd. where has bismarck been for the last decade in baseball, football, HOCKEY, soccer, tennis, swimming, golf, chess, debate, and band. so trackbbfan,

Edited by moderator
kingjames
NDPreps Starter

Postby King James » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:54 pm

If you know a guy on the site by the name of squeak63 check out what hes got under all his posts. BHS state titles. We got more banners in our gym than Fargo South. Basketball is great, they've been the best the last 10 years in ND. Wrestling i dont even remember the last year they didnt hang up a banner. Dave Zittlemen (track and xc coach) cant even fit all his state championships rings on his fingers. Why does it matter what sport it is? South has like 500 more students and still doesn't have a better athletic program. Both our cross country teams have won state already this year. You might as well get that banner made up for football as well to put up in a couple weeks and that will give us 3 before winter sports even start.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby trackbbfan » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:52 pm

Looks like I hit a sore spot with little kingjames (by little I mean lower case). Sorry to get you so worked up that you got in trouble. Truth hurts. I understand. Back on the subject of quarterfinal playoffs.....

BHS
Wahp
South
North

Unfortunately, BHS will be the lone west winner....
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby StateChamp55 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:10 pm

I did a little research and kingjames is being a little rediculous. First off Bismarck is only behind Fargo South in students by about 100 not 500. Secondly Bismarck High was established in 1873! Fargo South opened almost 100 years later in 1968. Now Bismarck High had all those early years to stockpile their state championships whereas Fargo South has done it in the past 40. Now I'm not a big Fargo South fan but I did feel it necessary to back them on this one.
StateChamp55

Postby King James » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:25 pm

Then i will go count how many titles we have after 1968
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfootballfan23 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:19 pm

King James wrote:Then i will go count how many titles we have after 1968

well im sure that wont take very long..
ndfootballfan23

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:08 am

kingjames wrote:so last year during halftime of the state championship game, bismarck's coach was interviewed and was asked "so coach whats it going to take for u guys to get back in this game?"... and he so boldy replied " an act of god."... now. im no espn analyst im just a highschool kid who watches football but wow what kind of coach says that? does that not say anything about the respect he has for the best team in north dakota 3 years running? after all they havent lost a game to a north dakota team in three years... i think they're legit and i think that this miller kid that ive never heard of is going to have a tough time running against south's d, theyve been stopping the run all year.

It's relatively humorous that a coach would say that, whether or not it's the right thing to say, it's definitely not.
I would have to agree that the only way Bismark is going to beat South is through passing. South's run defense is spectacular, like always. The best way to beat South is via the pass, as they have relatively poor pass coverage.

5. Great run defense
6. Esley Thorton
7. Jake Miller

Ten reasons South wins state:
1. Best offense in the state.
2. Defense has been strong since the Edina game.
3. Special teams is rarely needed, but when it is they generally return for a TD.
4. Offensive line is the best around.
5. Unmatched run defense.
6. Brandon Jemison
7. Luke Seltvedt, Danny Lueke, Matt Nagel...
8. They're riding momentum off of 3 straight years of stomping ND competition
9. Kevin Feeney.
10. Bismark High is overrating themselves.

(Completely satirical)

King James wrote:If you know a guy on the site by the name of squeak63 check out what hes got under all his posts. BHS state titles. We got more banners in our gym than Fargo South.

BHS has 95 more years to collect State Championships than South does. South has about 30 less State Championships than BHS. On an athletic level, South has performed better, it's a fact.

King James wrote:South has like 500 more students and still doesn't have a better athletic program.

South has 100 more students, and BHS will have about double the students of South once it's split.

You might as well get that banner made up for football as well to put up in a couple weeks and that will give us 3 before winter sports even start.

This kind of arrogance is what makes me look down upon people. Don't get so sure of yourself, especially when you're the underdog.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby King James » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:13 am

what makes us the underdog
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby King James » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:07 pm

How does that have anything to do with this years team?
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby King James » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:18 pm

and going back to the ten reasons south wins state... for one they dont have the best offense in the state. BHS scores 38 points a game and scored 42 last weekend against either the best of 2nd best defense in the east. South scores 33 points a game and scored 30 this week against minot. So BHS's scoring numbers will go even higher and Souths will go down.
How does 3 years of momentum have anything to do with this team. The seniors were freshmen then so they werent even on the team 3 years ago. And most werent on it 2 years ago, and most didnt even play last year.
Those guys that you mentioned besides jemison, I cant even remember there name now because I've never heard of them. So im not really worried.
Bhs just destroyed a team that all you people from the east thought were going to challenge south for the title. Now all of these South parents and fans are getting worried that this may be the year they lose and the players (espicially the seniors) are going to start feeling the pressure that this could be the senior class that ends their 3 year dominance of ND football
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:41 pm

King James wrote:and going back to the ten reasons south wins state...

I'm gonna keep this short, you obviously feel far too strongly about this topic and I'd rather not have this turn into flaming.

for one they dont have the best offense in the state. BHS scores 38 points a game and scored 42 last weekend against either the best of 2nd best defense in the east. South scores 33 points a game and scored 30 this week against minot. So BHS's scoring numbers will go even higher and Souths will go down.

It's satire, buddy. Either way, South and BHS play completely different teams during the season, rarely do they have more than 2 teams that they've both played previous to their meeting with each other. This means that their averages honestly don't mean anything cross conference.

How does 3 years of momentum have anything to do with this team. The seniors were freshmen then so they werent even on the team 3 years ago. And most werent on it 2 years ago, and most didnt even play last year.

That shows how much you know about the team. Either way, a team that has won 3 titles in 4 years obviously knows how to keep a streak running (like 3 years without losing to ND competition), and they've had to deal with this same rate of losing players over the last 4 years. Obviously Feeney is doing something right.

Those guys that you mentioned besides jemison, I cant even remember there name now because I've never heard of them. So im not really worried.

The only reason I know the players you've mentioned is because you post about them every single time you can. Jemison doesn't even need people to brag about him in the east, and the west will still hear about him.

Bhs just destroyed a team that all you people from the east thought were going to challenge south for the title. Now all of these South parents and fans are getting worried that this may be the year they lose and the players (espicially the seniors) are going to start feeling the pressure that this could be the senior class that ends their 3 year dominance of ND football

I didn't even know that West Fargo was still ranked in the east. Didn't they have to come through a play-in game? I think I'm the lone person in the state that predicted a West Fargo win in that game. I don't think people are too worried yet.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby trackbbfan » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:35 pm

GO CENTURY.....please, somehow pull off the upset and make everybody's year in the entire state except for a few square miles in Fargo.
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby MARKWALD23 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:42 pm

StateChamp55 wrote:I did a little research and kingjames is being a little rediculous. First off Bismarck is only behind Fargo South in students by about 100 not 500. Secondly Bismarck High was established in 1873! Fargo South opened almost 100 years later in 1968. Now Bismarck High had all those early years to stockpile their state championships whereas Fargo South has done it in the past 40. Now I'm not a big Fargo South fan but I did feel it necessary to back them on this one.

Where did you get your numbers? Becuase according to the hoopster Fargo South has 2,000 students and Bismarck only has 1,440 students. I think your being a little rediculous.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to AAA