2008 Class AAA Quarterfinal Playoff Schedule

The teams in Class AAA

Re: 2008 Class AAA Quarterfinal Playoff Schedule

Postby kingjames » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:52 pm

South is going to three-peat. you can disregard any other team. north and JD mcdougal. ya theyre real good whatd he have 25 yards against south, half of them coming on the last play of the game, WF.. #1...allllllll the way to the play in game. that not cool. Bismarck High. ya okay. esley thorton is good but matt nagel is better. and besides bismarck any football team outta the west is just like talking about class B.
kingjames
NDPreps Starter

Postby jonny906 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:01 pm

kingjames wrote:South is going to three-peat. you can disregard any other team. north and JD mcdougal. ya theyre real good whatd he have 25 yards against south, half of them coming on the last play of the game, WF.. #1...allllllll the way to the play in game. that not cool. Bismarck High. ya okay. esley thorton is good but matt nagel is better. and besides bismarck any football team outta the west is just like talking about class B.

Those are fightin words you spitting out, if you went to the north south game, you saw north calling bad plays and the line did not have there head in the game, not saying that it could have been different but, guarantee the state game, North vs South will have a closer and different outcome
jonny906
NDPreps Starter

Postby hybrid » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:06 pm

WF 35 Shan 8 Final
hybrid
NDPreps Rookie

Postby SouthPlaya72 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:26 pm

Anyone have scores or updates for Jamestown and Minot?
SouthPlaya72
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND Football Guy » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:31 pm

SouthPlaya72 wrote:Anyone have scores or updates for Jamestown and Minot?

Minot - 23
Jamestown - 14
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:41 pm

kingjames wrote:South is going to three-peat. you can disregard any other team. north and JD mcdougal. ya theyre real good whatd he have 25 yards against south, half of them coming on the last play of the game, WF.. #1...allllllll the way to the play in game. that not cool. Bismarck High. ya okay. esley thorton is good but matt nagel is better. and besides bismarck any football team outta the west is just like talking about class B.

Why would you compare a quarterback to a lineman?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby SouthPlaya72 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:46 pm

actually Matt Nagel is a Line backer and Thorton will be seeing alot of Nagel when he sacks him all game.
SouthPlaya72
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:58 pm

SouthPlaya72 wrote:actually Matt Nagel is a Line backer and Thorton will be seeing alot of Nagel when he sacks him all game.

Oh. I thought he was also on the offensive line.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball18 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:02 pm

keep drinking the kool-aid... Esley Thorton and Jake Miller are two names South will be hearing a lot after Bismarck beats them in the state championship game
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby SouthPlaya72 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:06 pm

Well thanks for the Nice comment and me and my brother Brandon will be drinking alot of Kool aid when he burns past bismarck just like he has done to every player in North Dakota.
Last edited by SouthPlaya72 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthPlaya72
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SouthPlaya72 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:15 pm

I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW!!!! lol i played in that game i think i know what happened so i recommend you guys stop thinking you are SO GREAT because really you know whats gonna happen to you again.
SouthPlaya72
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:48 pm

Stop the team bashing on the forums, let the players prove it on the field, any personal insults will result in a warning. Trash talking on a forum just makes you and your team look like fools.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Orr4 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:31 am

Rodgers4ever wrote:
Orr4 wrote:
Rodgers4ever wrote:
bluecrush579 wrote:
DukeBlueDevils2316 wrote:North will beat Williston. I know Brent Qvale is going to Nebraska and is the best offensive lineman the state of north dakota has ever seen but one offensive lineman wont make the difference in this one. Williston hasnt got any better since week 2 against south, they just havent beaten any good teams. Wow they beat mandan and wow they beat st marys and wow they beat dickinson. North wins by 14 or more[/quote

I think there is a slim chance north will beat Williston. Williston's line on both sides of the ball is too overpowering. Williston also has one of the best quarterbacks in the state who makes big plays. I have seen North play and i have played Williston. I say its close but Williston wins the game.

i agree that this game is gonna be a toss up. but even me being from williston i have to go with north on this one. i dont think that a lot of people know how much a 7 hour bus ride really takes out of you and i think that this will be a factor that will give north a slight edge. it will probably be the best game of the first round

Williston is not going to leave on Saturday morning...that wouldn't make any sense. They will probably practice before they leave on Friday. I'm guessing they would leave late morning or early afternoon, that way they can get to Fargo with plenty of time to rest.

Fine orr you obivously think being 420 miles away from home will have no affect on the players?

haha I never said that it wouldn't affect them. I just said that thats why they would leave earlier, so they can have more time to rest.
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby stoaxc2004 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:53 am

highheat wrote:west fargo up 28-0 at halftime. so much for all the shanley hype stoaxc.

I NEVER said that they were going to win...I was just giving them some credit on their season!!
stoaxc2004

Postby King James » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:26 pm

SouthPlaya72 wrote:Well thanks for the Nice comment and me and my brother Brandon will be drinking alot of Kool aid when he burns past bismarck just like he has done to every player in North Dakota.

Cant wait for BHS to win and all this fargo south tradition never dies bull crap is over. BHS has the 2 best offensive weapons in the state in Esley Thorton and Jake Miller. You could even argue that Calvin Krueger is one of the top 5 best offensive players in the state. I'll tell you why South is going to lose. They always rely on scoring 40 points a game. Well this Bismarck offense is as good as any offense I've seen. And BHS has the better defense, and defense is going to decide the outcome of this game.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:07 pm

highheat wrote:
King James wrote:
SouthPlaya72 wrote:Well thanks for the Nice comment and me and my brother Brandon will be drinking alot of Kool aid when he burns past bismarck just like he has done to every player in North Dakota.

Cant wait for BHS to win and all this fargo south tradition never dies bull crap is over. BHS has the 2 best offensive weapons in the state in Esley Thorton and Jake Miller. You could even argue that Calvin Krueger is one of the top 5 best offensive players in the state. I'll tell you why South is going to lose. They always rely on scoring 40 points a game. Well this Bismarck offense is as good as any offense I've seen. And BHS has the better defense, and defense is going to decide the outcome of this game.

south has far and away the best offensive weapon in the state and has an equally good defense. and bismarck has found a way to choke in the playoffs the last couple years and i dont see them bucking that trend this year.

i am wondering how they have choked in the playoffs??? 2 years ago they beat west fargo in the first round when everyone on here thought the east would sweep the quarter finals and then they ended up losing to south who clearly was the best team in the state. last year they beat minot on their feild who was the 1 seed in the west and huge favorites to win that game and ended up losing to south who was a better team then them... that is not choking
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby King James » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:36 pm

The people from the east are gunna be in for a rude awakening when jake miller plays against them. We finally got to see the numbers he can put up when he gets to play a full game last week against century (the best defense, numbers wise, coming into the game). He was one yard away from Weston Dresslers rushing record. Agrgueably the best RB ever to play HS football in ND.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball18 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:47 pm

i dont think you understand what the phrase "kool aid drinker" means...
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby trackbbfan » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:37 pm

King James, you are almost correct. Miller didn't even get to play a full game against Century. They pulled him 1/2 way through the 4th. If he would have played another series, he would have broken the record. (Kind of a shame...records are made to be broken)
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:39 pm

trackbbfan wrote:King James, you are almost correct. Miller didn't even get to play a full game against Century. They pulled him 1/2 way through the 4th. If he would have played another series, he would have broken the record. (Kind of a shame...records are made to be broken)

you gotta realize that dressler didn't touch the feild in the second half of his record game... not taking anything away from jake i love blockin for that kid... the radio guy actually had him for 283 ... they should go off of his stats.
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby jonny906 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:29 pm

King James wrote:The people from the east are gunna be in for a rude awakening when jake miller plays against them. We finally got to see the numbers he can put up when he gets to play a full game last week against century (the best defense, numbers wise, coming into the game). He was one yard away from Weston Dresslers rushing record. Agrgueably the best RB ever to play HS football in ND.

Lol king james, drugs are bad, have you ever heard of two guys called Solum and Horner?
jonny906
NDPreps Starter

Postby papabutch74 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:26 pm

DukeBlueDevils2316 wrote:North will beat Williston. I know Brent Qvale is going to Nebraska and is the best offensive lineman the state of north dakota has ever seen but one offensive lineman wont make the difference in this one. Williston hasnt got any better since week 2 against south, they just havent beaten any good teams. Wow they beat mandan and wow they beat st marys and wow they beat dickinson. North wins by 14 or more

ok ... Qvale is not the best offensive lineman north dakota has ever seen.. not even close.. ever heard of a guy by the name of Greg Eslinger?
papabutch74
NDPreps Starter

Postby trackbbfan » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:50 pm

jonny - King james was speaking of Dressler being one of the best RB's. You think Solum and Horner were better than him? I would say Roehl would be the guy....before those 2. What did they do that topped what Dresler did?
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:52 pm

King James wrote:

You sound bitter. You're just making the recoil worse from the South people on here when/if BHS loses to Fargo South yet again this year. Fargo South again has an incredible offensive power in their big play players like Brandon Jemison, and the players that really get into the muck and come out with good yardage every time (like Luke Seltvedt). Their passing offense is rather slacking, but it has been for both of the last two years, and that obviously hasn't stopped them. I don't see how South even relies on getting 40 points a game, had it not been for a 75 yard pass in the first few minutes of the game against North, North would have had less than 75 yards in the entirety of the game, whereas South had something in the upper 300's. The fact is, the only reason it wasn't a blowout was because South failed to finish deep in the red zone of North's end. South also held back Wahpeton's incredible running defense with almost no problem at all, whereas Wahpeton was running straight through most teams early in the season.
The fact is, if you think South relies on their offense, you obviously haven't seen much of their last few games. They're playing very well defensively and if you're relying on them being weak in their own end, you're going to be the one with the rude awakening.
Ignorance is bliss, but arrogance is rude.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby StateChamp55 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:27 pm

Great insight Hockeyhigh. South has blown teams away with their offense in past years but their defense has always seemed to be shoved away in the corner so to speak. If anyone remembers their state title in 2006 the defense practically won the title game for them with big stops throughout the game. They have always been solid and this years defense is no different. With players like Jemison, Seltvedt, Luecke, Nagel, Hooey, and others they will carry Fargo South through this years playoffs and a 3-peat in state championships. You gotta love this time of year! Good luck to all teams
StateChamp55

PreviousNext

Return to AAA