All State Team

The teams in Class AAA

Re: All State Team

Postby King James » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:17 am

Williston wasn't even good this year. It was just a down year for the west except for bismarck high. BHS killed them both times. In the playoffs Hanson was not even good. Big time players make big time plays in big games. Esley Thorton is that guy. Hanson was intimated by BHS. Which he should have been because they were a great team.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby Keyz20 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:55 am

King James wrote:The all state award should be given to the best player at that position. Zach Jacobson got screwed out of an all region award because no one ever sees him punt because bhs never has to punt. If anyone saw the state championship game they saw how good he was. Esley is better than Hanson. Hanson has better stats though. How bout the scoring stat though. At the end of the regular season esley was 2nd in scoring in the west behind miller, and he played in 2 less games.
Last edited by Keyz20 on Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hold The Rope"
Keyz20
NDPreps Starter

Postby Keyz20 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:56 am

Keyz20 wrote:
King James wrote:The all state award should be given to the best player at that position. Zach Jacobson got screwed out of an all region award because no one ever sees him punt because bhs never has to punt. If anyone saw the state championship game they saw how good he was. Esley is better than Hanson. Hanson has better stats though. How bout the scoring stat though. At the end of the regular season esley was 2nd in scoring in the west behind miller, and he played in 2 less games.

ok...obviously that stat is incorrect if you times 23 touchdowns by 6 which would be 138 pts. you will come to learn that hanson should be on that list and we don't even know how many rushing he had, so he would be ahead of thorton and maybe miller
"Hold The Rope"
Keyz20
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:23 pm

Keyz20 wrote:
Keyz20 wrote:

ok...obviously that stat is incorrect if you times 23 touchdowns by 6 which would be 138 pts. you will come to learn that hanson should be on that list and we don't even know how many rushing he had, so he would be ahead of thorton and maybe miller

Do completion percentage, interception percentage, and qb rating mean nothing? You seem to be ignoring these facts. Is there a reason for this?

Oh sorry, I didn't realize you were a Williston homer. It makes sense now.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Rodgers4ever » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:55 pm

balla45 wrote:More numbers for you. Thorton's completion percentage 58. Hanson's completion percentage 48. Thorton's percent chance of throwing a pick 4. Hanson's percent chance of throwing a pick 6. Thorton's yards per attempt 9.3. Hanson's yards per attempt 8.2.

QB rating.
Esley Thorton---92.81015037593985
Alex Hanson---78.77851711026616

You tell me who actually had betters numbers now. Or should I rethink my selection still?

http://brucey.net/nflab/statistics/qb_rating.html

Hanson has the better numbers. their so overwhelming that u cant not put him on the team. and we all now that a 2 percent difference in interception percantage is an important thing so what if her throws 2 more interceptions per 100 attempts if he throws for that many more touchdowns. how about 1 yard a pass? i mean cmon really that difference is nothing. and for your qb rating, if i recall right the three times that brett favre got mvp he did not have the best rating
If their shooting at you, you're doing something right
Rodgers4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:00 pm

Does 10% completion percentage matter?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Keyz20 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:51 pm

balla45 wrote:Does 10% completion percentage matter?

ok listen.....the reason that throton beat hanson in those three stats your obsessing about is cause bismarck also had a very good running game it kept the defense guessing...but williston had a good running game right?....oh yeah it sucked...so obviously every opponent knew they were going to pass 90% of the game there for hanson had more chances to throw interception and get a lower percentage and a lower qb rating...thorton didn't throw nearly as much as hanson did so those stats that your talking about so much are hard to keep the more times you throw and for hanson to get such good stats on a defense thats already knows hes going to pass is pretty impresive...
"Hold The Rope"
Keyz20
NDPreps Starter

Postby King James » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:59 pm

WHO LED THERE TEAM TO A STATE TITLE GAME AND WON KEYZ?????? Thats the most important stat of all. When Williston celebrate about their season because they made it the semis and lost says a lot about their football program. Im glad your satisfied with that kind of season.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby Rodgers4ever » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:03 pm

King James wrote:WHO LED THERE TEAM TO A STATE TITLE GAME AND WON KEYZ?????? Thats the most important stat of all. When Williston celebrate about their season because they made it the semis and lost says a lot about their football program. Im glad your satisfied with that kind of season.

His name would be jake miller, not esley thorton
Rodgers4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby King James » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:18 pm

Really? Esley made the biggest plays of the game besides the pick for six jake had in the 4th quarter. If you would look on the post i wrote about the game you will see that. Im sick of repeating myself.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby Keyz20 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:21 pm

King James wrote:WHO LED THERE TEAM TO A STATE TITLE GAME AND WON KEYZ?????? Thats the most important stat of all. When Williston celebrate about their season because they made it the semis and lost says a lot about their football program. Im glad your satisfied with that kind of season.

oh so your saying if your football program had won 1 game last year and then made it to the semi finals the next year you wouldn't be pleased with your program and obviously they must be doing something right up there in williston to improve that much in a season...and how could you say that the most important stat is a state title....if thats the case why are we even talking about this topic lets just throw the whole bismarck high team on there...and lets give the bismarck coach ''coach of the year" oh yeah they gave it to willistons cause he also had a great season and cause that obviously not the most important stat
"Hold The Rope"
Keyz20
NDPreps Starter

Postby Rodgers4ever » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:58 pm

king james arguin with u is like arguin with a brick wall. u have to see the point of view. so bring ur head down outta the clouds and see the world the rest of us do
Rodgers4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:13 pm

Rodgers4ever wrote:king james arguin with u is like arguin with a brick wall. u have to see the point of view. so bring ur head down outta the clouds and see the world the rest of us do

haha get your head out of the clouds... that quote was made famious by coach gibson last summer!
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby King James » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:37 pm

Keyz20 wrote:

oh so your saying if your football program had won 1 game last year and then made it to the semi finals the next year you wouldn't be pleased with your program and obviously they must be doing something right up there in williston to improve that much in a season...and how could you say that the most important stat is a state title....if thats the case why are we even talking about this topic lets just throw the whole bismarck high team on there...and lets give the bismarck coach ''coach of the year" oh yeah they gave it to willistons cause he also had a great season and cause that obviously not the most important stat

Gibson should have gotten coach of the year. If you give him the talent Williston had he would have led them to state. Look at all the talent Williston had and how bad the west was this year. Williston is going to be at the bottom of the west region again next year. Gibson or Feeney are hardly ever going to get coach of the year because there talented and there supposed to win. But keep arguing about your 3rd-4th place finish this year and how great your team did. In 10 years no ones going to remember that Williston made it to the semis (except Williston because this is probably the last time they make it to the semis for a while), everyone is going to remember that BHS won the state championship.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby Rodgers4ever » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:53 pm

king james without looking who won state in 1998? '99? the point is in the large scheme of life does winning a state championship make u better than anyone else? b/c in 10 years i can almost guarentee no one will remeber this state championship except the parties invovled
Rodgers4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jarudy » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:55 pm

(to King James)^^ Are you ever going to let your ego deflate? All I see when I log on to preps is King James thinking he's god with BHS's enrollment second only to South. Williston is a relatively tiny school and did fantastic competing against schools with a much higher enrollment. I dont even go to Williston but I'm not that arrogant to think that Gibson deserved coach of the year.
Jarudy
NDPreps Starter

Postby MHSfan » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:39 pm

Rodgers4ever wrote:king james without looking who won state in 1998? '99? the point is in the large scheme of life does winning a state championship make u better than anyone else? b/c in 10 years i can almost guarentee no one will remeber this state championship except the parties invovled

Haha actually there will probably be a lot of people that remember this game. Not only was it a very close and exciting game, BHS's win marked an end to the South dynasty that has been in place since the begining of the century. South will never again have the same dominance and swagger(they'll still probably carry their cocky swagger) 8) that they have had over ND teams because they'll be broken up in a few years. Bismarck broke the chain of 30 something wins against ND teams and that will never be repeated. I can bet for the most part that the whole state was rooting for BHS that game, myself included and I'm from Minot. So to anwser your statement; this championship was different and really meant something special. There probably won't be another one of this magnitude in quite a few years.
Also, if I remember right, I think West Fargo was the state champions in 98 and 99 they beat Minot in 99 i believe
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby squeak63 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:07 am

king james has single handely kept this site alive... you people don't realize the reason he does it is because he loves his school he loves his friends who are on the team and he loves himself. i dont know who said it on espn but someone on there said that if you dont play/live like your the best at what you do you will never be succeful... in the kings mind he is the best at what he does and his school is the best at what they do... you cant fault him for that!
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball18 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:54 am

williston's coach deserved coach of the year, that was a great turn around for that program
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:49 pm

Well there ya go best of both worlds both were first team all state... everyone is happy!
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby King James » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:10 pm

BHS turned there program around to. They went from losing by 30 in the state championship game to winning by 11. Why should i let my ego deflate were holding on to titles in basketball and football the 2 most popular sports in high school. I have a right to be proud and cocky.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball18 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:23 pm

King James wrote:BHS turned there program around to. They went from losing by 30 in the state championship game to winning by 11. Why should i let my ego deflate were holding on to titles in basketball and football the 2 most popular sports in high school. I have a right to be proud and cocky.

williston had a bigger turnaround, BHS was expected to do well. Williston wasn't... coach of the year doesnt just go to the best team....
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby King James » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:56 pm

well it should go to the coach that works the hardest and puts the most effort into. Which was Gibson and his staff. No doubt in my mind. Those guys are watchin film till 2-3 in the morning.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:16 pm

King James wrote:well it should go to the coach that works the hardest and puts the most effort into. Which was Gibson and his staff. No doubt in my mind. Those guys are watchin film till 2-3 in the morning.

I have to disagree with you on this one. If South would have won state, people would not be arguing for Feeney as coach of the year, because his team was expected to be good. Bismarck was also expected to be an extremely good team. I could see if Bismarck was coming of a 4-5 season, or a 2-7 season, and then proceeded to win state, or if they were even a team picked 7th in the state, and then won. However, at the start of the year, Bismarck was top 3 on almost everyone's list.

Williston on the other hand was expected to be a bad team, no offense intended, but its true. They vastly exceeded expectations. I know there were people who thought that Williston would be lucky to win one game, and they flew by that expectation.

Its like basketball, where Amundson doesn't win every year. If you have talent, you should win games. If you have an average team, and you lead them to a title, you deserve coach of the year. I think this makes the most sense, or else coach of the year would only go to teams with extremely high amounts of natural talent, because they will be the most talented, most years.

I'm not going to pretend to have an immense amount of knowledge about football, but I think most coaches could call a couple of pitches for Jemison and realize that they can run the ball all game and they will be good.

I think it would be much harder for a coach to take an average Williston team, find a way for the quarterback to do almost everything, and still win games.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby King James » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:29 pm

Well the coaches vote in basketball. I dont know if they do in football. But Amundson never wins because no other coaches like him because he always wins. He is the best coach in girls basketball so he should get the award. Gibson and Feeney are the best in football so they should get the award. But Williston got it i guess for some memrobilia from the "great" season they had. Im still never going to believe Williston was a good team this year. BHS and South were good teams. The competition was just really down this year in AAA football.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to AAA