All State Team

The teams in Class AAA

All State Team

Postby NODAKsportsFAN » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:21 am

Now that the playoffs are nearing and the playoff picture is coming more into focus. What kids are most likely to make the All-State Team, Offense and Defense?
NODAKsportsFAN

Re: All State Team

Postby King James » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:24 am

QB- Thorton and Hanson
RB- Miller and Jemison
WR- Skadeland,Krueger, and Jacobs maybe
Lineman-Qvale, Klein, Karel, and i dont know anyone from the east
K/P- Zach Jacobson
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby Number7 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:46 am

Smith has to be in there at RB and Kaiser at WR, on defense Winkles and Kingsley at LB any body have any info on some possible guys from GF, Minot, or even Jamestown?
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby King James » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:26 pm

Larson from minot. Bickel has a shot too
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby trackbbfan » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:51 am

How many from each position make the all state team? How many QB's, WR's, RB's, etc.....?
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby nd_football_69 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:47 am

Jacobs maybe has a shot? and arent you forgetting andrew muson at Guard?
nd_football_69
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wffootball » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:16 pm

Kaiser should definitely be in there for consideration at wide reciever.
wffootball
NDPreps Rookie

Postby cornerback*22* » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:42 pm

ya but skadeland is definitely the best in the state
cornerback*22*

Postby Jarudy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:21 pm

Kaiser, Jemison, Smith, the big OT from GFC and a couple others from the East will make it offensively. Some of Wahp's o-line will make it like Trappen (center) and maybe some others since they are pretty big.
On defense, Bucholz and Mamenga from WF. Maybe Solum, Schmidt, and Kaiser from WF as d backs.
Jarudy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Rodgers4ever » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:30 pm

[quote="cornerback*22*"]ya but skadeland is definitely the best in the state[/quote

if u have ever watched him play he just simply pushes the corners out of the way of the pass, which anywhere other than nd, would be offensive pass inteference but the refs are still adapting to the spread and the amount of passing that comes with it and have as of yet figured out what exactly offensive pass interfence is. it is still my belief that skaidland would have more penalty yards than recieving yards if they were to call the penalty
If their shooting at you, you're doing something right
Rodgers4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:24 pm

Rodgers4ever wrote:
cornerback*22* wrote:ya but skadeland is definitely the best in the state[/quote

if u have ever watched him play he just simply pushes the corners out of the way of the pass, which anywhere other than nd, would be offensive pass inteference but the refs are still adapting to the spread and the amount of passing that comes with it and have as of yet figured out what exactly offensive pass interfence is. it is still my belief that skaidland would have more penalty yards than recieving yards if they were to call the penalty

but if they would call it he probably wouldn't do it nearly as much... that is a part of being a good football player is knowing what the refs will and wont let you get away with... if you do it and get flagged for it then you don't do it anymore but if you arent getting flagged for it why not do it?
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Rodgers4ever » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:08 pm

squeak63 wrote:
Rodgers4ever wrote:
cornerback*22* wrote:ya but skadeland is definitely the best in the state[/quote

but if they would call it he probably wouldn't do it nearly as much... that is a part of being a good football player is knowing what the refs will and wont let you get away with... if you do it and get flagged for it then you don't do it anymore but if you arent getting flagged for it why not do it?

my point is that just cause u know how to bend the rules it doesnt make u the better receiver
Rodgers4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:44 pm

Rodgers4ever wrote:
squeak63 wrote:
Rodgers4ever wrote:

my point is that just cause u know how to bend the rules it doesnt make u the better receiver

It works that way in any sport.

In basketball, if the ref let you push, you take advantage.
In baseball, if the ump opens up the strike zone, you take advantage.
In track, if the starter doesn't catch a false start, you take advantage.
In volleyball, if the ref doesn't call the line, you take advantage.
In football, if the ref doesn't call holding, you take advantage.

A good player will adapt to the referee and take advantage of what he/she can.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Rodgers4ever » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:54 pm

balla45 wrote:
Rodgers4ever wrote:
squeak63 wrote:
Rodgers4ever wrote:

u guys still dont get the point that im trying to make here. im talking would u rather have the receiver who is solid all year and makes the big play at the end of the season because he hasnt relied on no calls to get him to that point, or the player who puts up the big plays duing the season, but than come playoff time gets called for a penalty that ultimately decides the fate of the season. thats the point im trying to make no matter how you play the entire year your going to have the best refs at the end of the year and their gonna be waitin for that and skaidlands play style will come back and bite him
Rodgers4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:04 pm

Rodgers4ever wrote:
balla45 wrote:
Rodgers4ever wrote:
squeak63 wrote:
Rodgers4ever wrote:

u guys still dont get the point that im trying to make here. im talking would u rather have the receiver who is solid all year and makes the big play at the end of the season because he hasnt relied on no calls to get him to that point, or the player who puts up the big plays duing the season, but than come playoff time gets called for a penalty that ultimately decides the fate of the season. thats the point im trying to make no matter how you play the entire year your going to have the best refs at the end of the year and their gonna be waitin for that and skaidlands play style will come back and bite him

when bismarck high played williston the same crew reffed that game that reffed the state championship game the previous year... i thought skadland had a couple of questionable no calls for him during that game... maybe he is just good at getting away with it some people just have a knack for getting away with penalties
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Orr4 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:27 pm

Rodgers4ever wrote:
balla45 wrote:
Rodgers4ever wrote:
squeak63 wrote:
Rodgers4ever wrote:

So what your saying is Skadeland hasn't made any big plays for Williston without bending the rules? Every catch he has made has been a push-off? Every block he has made has been a hold? Name one football player who doesn't bend the rules? Every player in football bends the rules everyonce in awhile. Linemen will hold and get away with it. Somone will clip a player on a kickoff and get away with it. Skad is a great receiver with great hands and speed, and sometimes bending the rules a little bit helps you become a better receiver...and he has been called for push-off before.
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Rodgers4ever » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:43 pm

"Skad is a great receiver with great hands and speed, and sometimes bending the rules a little bit helps you become a better receiver...and he has been called for push-off before."

i agree with the fact that he does have great hands and size, but using this size to push the corner out of the way is not what defines a great reciever. im trying to say that the refs in nd have not seen the option too many years and they will start to catch on and thats when the holding and interference on the recievers are goin to start
Rodgers4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby Agent Cooper » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:05 pm

Schnabel and McDougall from North should get some consideration. Kaiser from WF. Seltveit and Luecke from South (along with the others mentioned already). Smith from Wahpeton. Jagim from Shanley. Who are some of the unsung linemen?
Agent Cooper
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Jarudy » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:39 pm

Agent Cooper wrote:Schnabel and McDougall from North should get some consideration. Kaiser from WF. Seltveit and Luecke from South (along with the others mentioned already). Smith from Wahpeton. Jagim from Shanley. Who are some of the unsung linemen?

O-line: Wahp's line as a whole, South's tackles and center, North's RT, GFC's huge kid (6'8") RT, BHS line as a whole, obviously Quvale, etc. Dont know to much about the West.
Jarudy
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:47 pm

I have heard a decent amount about rbs, qbs, and the offensive linemen. Anything on dbacks, tight ends, defensive linemen, and punters/kickers?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby KyleJRM » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:09 pm

I have trouble believing anyone who has seen Skadeland play more than a game or two believes that he gets most of his yards on pushoffs.

In WHS's offense, most of his yards come on finding holes in the zones on intermediate routes and then splitting the safeties for long touchdowns.
KyleJRM
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla12 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:14 pm

balla45 wrote:I have heard a decent amount about rbs, qbs, and the offensive linemen. Anything on dbacks, tight ends, defensive linemen, and punters/kickers?

dbacks gunderson makes plays punters i would have to say jacobson is pretty dang good and than kickers i would say zach risenauer from saint marys leads in feild goals with a 48 yarder and has like 6 field goals
balla12
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Rodgers4ever » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:10 pm

KyleJRM wrote:I have trouble believing anyone who has seen Skadeland play more than a game or two believes that he gets most of his yards on pushoffs.

In WHS's offense, most of his yards come on finding holes in the zones on intermediate routes and then splitting the safeties for long touchdowns.

Kyle i know that u obivously are the higher authority when to tell me what i see is wrong. who do u think he finds the holes in the defense. he dosent find them he creates them through contact past the 5 yard allotment
Rodgers4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby riders » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:53 pm

there is no 5 yard contact rule for ND high school football. being physical is one of the best qulities that a WR can have. a WR that is willing to take intermediate routes, initiate contact on the DB, break contact and make a play on the ball makes a great reciever. skadeland and jacobsen are both very physical guys and the plays they make shows it. BEING PHYSICAL IS NOT CHEATING
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Rodgers4ever » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:01 am

riders wrote:there is no 5 yard contact rule for ND high school football. being physical is one of the best qulities that a WR can have. a WR that is willing to take intermediate routes, initiate contact on the DB, break contact and make a play on the ball makes a great reciever. skadeland and jacobsen are both very physical guys and the plays they make shows it. BEING PHYSICAL IS NOT CHEATING

"4. It is pass interference by either team when any player movement beyond the line of scrimmage significantly hinders the progress of an eligible player of such player’s opportunity to catch the ball. Offensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is snapped until the ball is touched. Defensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is thrown until the ball is touched."

please explain to me with your cunning words how being phsycial applies to this rule as far as i can tell this applies to holding and shoving even before the ball is thrown so please enlighten me with ur prosiac rhetoric
Rodgers4ever
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to AAA