All State Team

The teams in Class AAA

Re: All State Team

Postby Keyz20 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:14 pm

I was just looking over some stats in the bismarck tribune and hanson has some really impresive stats....the desicion for all-state qb shouldn't be that hard cause according to the stats hansons is twice as better than thorton
"Hold The Rope"
Keyz20
NDPreps Starter

Postby Keyz20 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:16 pm

balla45 wrote:
squeak63 wrote:running back is going to be interesting... i believe only 2 get selected and i would think that jemison will get it being that he is a senior and the other 2 contenders are juniors. the thing that jake has going for him over smith is that he has only about 500 less yards than smith on like 100 less carries and not to mention he led the state champions in rushing. i would be interested in knowing Jemison , Miller, and Smith's YPC and rushing TD's ... also anyone think that either jemison of jake would get one of those unanamous selctions ... i think thats for the guys who are all staters at 2 or 3 different positions... i know jemison was a great linebacker and jake also had a lot of recieving yards and was also a very good corner. also does anyone know when the selections come out???

I don't think any of the three running backs will be unanimous selections, because some people will vote Miller/Jemison, some Jemison/Smith, and some Miller/Smith. I see Thorton as unanimous at qb. Qvale will be for sure. Jemison at lb. Probably many more that I'm not thinking of.

so balla maybe you should check that out and rethink your unanimous desicion for qb
"Hold The Rope"
Keyz20
NDPreps Starter

Postby Keyz20 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:18 pm

Rushing: 1. Jake Miller, Bismarck, 189-1,618. 2. Spencer Bickel, Minot, 204-1,232. 3. Luke Michaelson, Williston, 158-801. 4. ZachEmil,Century, 144-752. 5. Shelby Skytland, Mandan, 146-621. 6. Donte Smart, Minot, 62-599. 7. Alex Hanson,Williston, 127-586. 8. MichaelBangs,Jamestown, 130-505. 9. Andrew Carlson, St. Mary's, 102-484. 10. Kyle Walden, Jamestown, 81-471.

Passing yards: 1. Alex Hanson, Williston, 127-263-17, 2,161 yards. 2. Hunter Johnson, Century, 110-202-7. 1,710. 3. Justin Klabunde, St. Mary's, 85-182-11, 1,406. 4. MichaelBangs,Jamestown, 86-161-14, 1,369. 5. Esley Thorton,Bismarck, 77-133-6, 1,236. 6. Ross Kovacs,Dickinson, 93-193-10, 1,134. 7. Sam Salveson, Mandan, 63-164-17, 964. 8. Derek Somerville,Minot, 56-128-8, 607. 9. Nick Jolliffe, Bismarck, 8-17-3, 116. 10. JordanLynch, Jamestown, 6-11-0, 113.

Touchdown passes: 1. Alex Hanson,Williston, 23. 2. (tie) Michael Bangs, Jamestown, and Hunter Johnson, Century, both 15. 4. Justin Klabunde, St. Mary's, 12. 5. Esley Thorton, Bismarck, 9. 6. Sam Salveson, Mandan, 7. Derek Somerville,Minot, 6. 8. Ross Kovacs, Dickinson, 5. 9. (tie) JoshWeatherspoon, Minot; ShawnEgge, Williston; JackSchauer, Williston; and CarsonWentz, Century, all 1.

Receiving yards:1. Jeff Skadeland, Williston, 51-907. 2. JordanPiatz, Jamestown, 45-887. 3. Garret Jacobs, Century, 36-691. 4. Ryan Huber, St. Mary's, 35-610. 5. Matt Chuppe,St. Mary's, 28-482. 6. Calvin Krueger, Bismarck, 26-470. 7. Brett Sinner, Jamestown, 33-436. 8. JackBietz, Century, 35-398. 9. Garret Kirchmeier, Mandan, 17-386. 10. Jake Miller, Bismarck, 23-342.

Total offense: 1. Alex Hanson,Williston, 2,747 yards. 2. Hunter Johnson,Century, 2,000. 3. MichaelBangs, Jamestown, 1,874. 4. Jake Miller, Bismarck, 1,618. 5. EsleyThorton, Bismarck, 1,556. 6. Justin Klabunde, St. Mary's, 1,522. 7. Spencer Bickel, Minot, 1,232. 8. Ross Kovacs, Dickinson, 1,175. 9. Sam Salveson, Mandan, 1,126. 10. Luke Michaelson, Williston, 801.

Scoring: 1. Jake Miller, Bismarck, 144. 2. Esley Thorton, Bismarck, 98. 3. Jeff Skadeland,Williston, 88. 4. (tie) Jordan Piatz,Jamestown, and Spencer Bickel, Minot, both 76. 6. (tie) Luke Michaelson, Williston, and Calvin Krueger, Bismarck, both 76. 8. ZachEmil,Century, 66. 9. Michael Bangs, Jamestown, 58. 10. Bruce Govig, Century, 54.
"Hold The Rope"
Keyz20
NDPreps Starter

Postby Rodgers4ever » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:36 pm

it will be interesting to see who get the 1st team qb spot. i still think that thorton is better, but hansons numbers are just overwhelming and puts him up there with wentz and elgie
If their shooting at you, you're doing something right
Rodgers4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby papabutch74 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:16 pm

Rodgers4ever wrote:it will be interesting to see who get the 1st team qb spot. i still think that thorton is better, but hansons numbers are just overwhelming and puts him up there with wentz and elgie

his numbers only put him up there because all williston did was pass this year.. if you shut down skade and hanson there was no other yards there.. but the kid is a good athlete.. as well as thorton is
papabutch74
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball18 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:24 pm

Keyz20 wrote:I was just looking over some stats in the bismarck tribune and hanson has some really impresive stats....the desicion for all-state qb shouldn't be that hard cause according to the stats hansons is twice as better than thorton

Bismarck also runs like 80% of the time
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby papabutch74 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:31 pm

baseball18 wrote:
Keyz20 wrote:I was just looking over some stats in the bismarck tribune and hanson has some really impresive stats....the desicion for all-state qb shouldn't be that hard cause according to the stats hansons is twice as better than thorton

exactly. hanson is not twice the athlete of thorton.. the most thortons thrown a game is like 13 times i think, on average its about 5 or 6 times he throws..id know i play with thorton.. and hanson at least averaged 25 times
papabutch74
NDPreps Starter

Postby centuryfan » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:00 am

papabutch74 wrote:
baseball18 wrote:

exactly. hanson is not twice the athlete of thorton.. the most thortons thrown a game is like 13 times i think, on average its about 5 or 6 times he throws..id know i play with thorton.. and hanson at least averaged 25 times

Fact of the matter is hanson still has the better numbers
centuryfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Keyz20 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:19 pm

Yeah but obviously hansons a better passer than thorton says the stats...hansons a better rushers says the stats...and everthing else hansons stats are twice as good as elslys...and hanson has 1,200 more total yards than thortan...stats never lie
"Hold The Rope"
Keyz20
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:25 pm

Keyz20 wrote:
balla45 wrote:
squeak63 wrote:running back is going to be interesting... i believe only 2 get selected and i would think that jemison will get it being that he is a senior and the other 2 contenders are juniors. the thing that jake has going for him over smith is that he has only about 500 less yards than smith on like 100 less carries and not to mention he led the state champions in rushing. i would be interested in knowing Jemison , Miller, and Smith's YPC and rushing TD's ... also anyone think that either jemison of jake would get one of those unanamous selctions ... i think thats for the guys who are all staters at 2 or 3 different positions... i know jemison was a great linebacker and jake also had a lot of recieving yards and was also a very good corner. also does anyone know when the selections come out???

I don't think any of the three running backs will be unanimous selections, because some people will vote Miller/Jemison, some Jemison/Smith, and some Miller/Smith. I see Thorton as unanimous at qb. Qvale will be for sure. Jemison at lb. Probably many more that I'm not thinking of.

so balla maybe you should check that out and rethink your unanimous desicion for qb

Ummm...No. Stats are overrated. I watched Williston play. About 80% of the plays are run for Hanson, so he should have good stats. Thorton only throws maybe 10 times a game.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:28 pm

More numbers for you. Thorton's completion percentage 58. Hanson's completion percentage 48. Thorton's percent chance of throwing a pick 4. Hanson's percent chance of throwing a pick 6. Thorton's yards per attempt 9.3. Hanson's yards per attempt 8.2.

QB rating.
Esley Thorton---92.81015037593985
Alex Hanson---78.77851711026616

You tell me who actually had betters numbers now. Or should I rethink my selection still?

http://brucey.net/nflab/statistics/qb_rating.html
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby squeak63 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:05 pm

Keyz20 wrote:Yeah but obviously hansons a better passer than thorton says the stats...hansons a better rushers says the stats...and everthing else hansons stats are twice as good as elslys...and hanson has 1,200 more total yards than thortan...stats never lie

one huge thing thortan has over hanson though... led his team to a state title
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby centuryfan » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:52 pm

balla45 wrote:
Keyz20 wrote:
balla45 wrote:

Ummm...No. Stats are overrated. I watched Williston play. About 80% of the plays are run for Hanson, so he should have good stats. Thorton only throws maybe 10 times a game.

So your saying the allstate quarterback should be the one who only threw the ball 10 times a game and not the passing leader
centuryfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MHSfan » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:57 pm

IMO. Thorton is the better quarterback. Stats are just stats, they help to determine and give something to compare but thats it, he was a better game manager. He didn't have standout recievers and BHS didn't have to throw the ball a lot to beat teams. Once their opponent stacked 7-8 guys in the box to stop Miller, Esley would burn them with a big pass. They went no huddle the opening drive against us and he called all the plays from the line of scrimage, needless to say he picked us apart. Hanson is a great quarterback too, they're not far apart in difference but Esley is a big time play maker. Did you see how many times he made Jemmison miss during that championship game? Haha enough said
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby truballa4life » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:46 pm

the first team all state QB cannot be the one who throws 10 passes a game. he has half the touchdowns of hanson, and he has less interceptions because like the stats say, he doesnt ever throw the ball. 13 passes as the most in a game all season? doesnt sound like a reliable source to me or coach Gibson. There is a reason BHS runs the ball 80-90% of the time, and that is Miller and Winkels. Put Hanson on BHS and they dont win state? please. Hanson led a less talented team into the semi finals when they were predicted to go nowhere. Esley took his team to where they were expected to go, and he did this by never throwing the ball
truballa4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby King James » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:04 pm

The all state award should be given to the best player at that position. Zach Jacobson got screwed out of an all region award because no one ever sees him punt because bhs never has to punt. If anyone saw the state championship game they saw how good he was. Esley is better than Hanson. Hanson has better stats though. How bout the scoring stat though. At the end of the regular season esley was 2nd in scoring in the west behind miller, and he played in 2 less games.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball18 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:12 pm

centuryfan wrote:
papabutch74 wrote:
baseball18 wrote:

Fact of the matter is hanson still has the better numbers

BECAUSE WILLISTON THROWS WAY MORE THAN BHS! Are you stupid? BHS rarely ever passes and Thorton still puts up great numbers...
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball18 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:13 pm

Keyz20 wrote:Yeah but obviously hansons a better passer than thorton says the stats...hansons a better rushers says the stats...and everthing else hansons stats are twice as good as elslys...and hanson has 1,200 more total yards than thortan...stats never lie

like i said BHS runs like 80% of the time and Williston passes a ton... it's called logic
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball18 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:15 pm

truballa4life wrote:the first team all state QB cannot be the one who throws 10 passes a game. he has half the touchdowns of hanson, and he has less interceptions because like the stats say, he doesnt ever throw the ball. 13 passes as the most in a game all season? doesnt sound like a reliable source to me or coach Gibson. There is a reason BHS runs the ball 80-90% of the time, and that is Miller and Winkels. Put Hanson on BHS and they dont win state? please. Hanson led a less talented team into the semi finals when they were predicted to go nowhere. Esley took his team to where they were expected to go, and he did this by never throwing the ball

NO! It's the same thing every single year, BHS runs the majority of the time, every single year no matter who their QB is they throw on average 7-10 passes a game. It's been like that since Gibson has been there and that's just how he runs his offense.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:25 pm

centuryfan wrote:
balla45 wrote:
Keyz20 wrote:
balla45 wrote:

Who has a better qb rating?

So your saying the allstate quarterback should be the one who only threw the ball 10 times a game and not the passing leader

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Keyz20 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:44 pm

squeak63 wrote:

Yeah Congradulations esley on leading the number 1 team in the state all year to a state title....No, Congradulations Alex Hanson for leading a team that wasn't suppose to be that good at all and that went 1-9 season to a season to the semifinals...
"Hold The Rope"
Keyz20
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:24 pm

Keyz20 wrote:
squeak63 wrote:

Yeah Congradulations esley on leading the number 1 team in the state all year to a state title....No, Congradulations Alex Hanson for leading a team that wasn't suppose to be that good at all and that went 1-9 season to a season to the semifinals...

Esley has a better qb rating. Wouldn't that make him a better qb?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby soccer09 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:33 pm

i think the argument being put forth is that hansons rating might be lower because he was expected to do more. With bismarcks strength in the running game, the opposing team had to focus more on stopping the run, making passing easier for thorton since it was not expected and was less of a focus. whereas hanson had to deal with the other team knowing he would pass quite a bit, and with his team not possessing the same running game to open up the field. im not arguing in favor of either, just saying we should look at why statistics are the way they are.
soccer09
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:34 pm

elway or marino? Manning or Brady? Staubach or Bradshaw? Can't win when are discussing quarterbacks. Unless they are from Mandan maybe...sorry balla...haven't talked to you for a while, couldn't resist. :lol: Hopefully they don't lock me now.
bigpoppakdog

Postby balla45 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:43 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:elway or marino? Manning or Brady? Staubach or Bradshaw? Can't win when are discussing quarterbacks. Unless they are from Mandan maybe...sorry balla...haven't talked to you for a while, couldn't resist. :lol: Hopefully they don't lock me now.

Hahaha...I won't talk bad about my school, so I will just say, Mr. Thorton is the best quarterback in the state, in my opinion.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to AAA