BHS vs CHS ALREADY

The teams in Class AAA

Re: BHS vs CHS ALREADY

Postby body-by-budig » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:10 pm

King James wrote:
trackbbfan wrote:"BHS, Thorton (deff, not going to be better than Wentz whoever said that) Kruger, Winkles, Peterson thats all i feel worth mentioning there."

WHO IS PETERSON???

Peterson is one of his baseball buddies. Hes good but not one of BHS top 5 players. What about Jake Miller? He's definately worth mentioning. And sauceauer why isn't Esley going to be as good as Wentz? I cant think of anything Wentz did as a senior that Esley isn't doing as a junior. Hes got a strong accurate arm, he can run for yardage, and he can throw on the run. If Gibson would allow esley to throw the ball 35 times a game he would be getting the comparison to Wentz.

How do know that Wentz didnt make his receivers, instead of his receivers making him? Granted, he was an excellent football speciman, hence playing middle linebacker on 3rd downs (Thorton could never), but from what games I saw, every receiver ran outstanding routes, had good hands, great size and had decent to above average AAA football speed. Plus the # receivers that actually caught the ball on a regular basis during games was around 6. Thorton needs to gain over 2000 yards of total offense by himself, and 3000 with his team to be mentioned with Wentz.
Back on subject though, I'll take Bismarck High in a closer than anticipated matchup: 22 - 15.
body-by-budig
NDPreps Reserve

Postby King James » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:16 pm

Esley is also a Jr. Along with 3 of his top 4 WR's being Jrs, Krueger Joliffe and Deyle. He will put up big numbers next year as Wentz did when he was a Sr
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:29 pm

BHSgraduate wrote:I also would agree that if the BHS play book wasn't dominated by the run plays, Esley would have put up the same numbers last year with Ploof at receiver. Esley has a lot of talent that is somewhat held back because of the BHS offense scheme.

You Can't say that bhs's playbook hasn't oppened up with elsey at the helm. in the first 2 games this season jolliffe threw a total of probably 15 passes if that. In Eslsey's first 2 game he throw probably 30-35 passes. If you ask me that is a big difference in play calling. Also you have to realize that if a team can run the ball they control the game. It tires out defences and keeps your team on the field for the majority of the game. If you can run the ball why pass 30-35 times in a game? The reason that wentz got to pass so much last year is because they had virtually no running game when they were playing against decent defenses
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:34 pm

body-by-budig wrote:
King James wrote:
trackbbfan wrote:"BHS, Thorton (deff, not going to be better than Wentz whoever said that) Kruger, Winkles, Peterson thats all i feel worth mentioning there."

WHO IS PETERSON???

Peterson is one of his baseball buddies. Hes good but not one of BHS top 5 players. What about Jake Miller? He's definately worth mentioning. And sauceauer why isn't Esley going to be as good as Wentz? I cant think of anything Wentz did as a senior that Esley isn't doing as a junior. Hes got a strong accurate arm, he can run for yardage, and he can throw on the run. If Gibson would allow esley to throw the ball 35 times a game he would be getting the comparison to Wentz.

How do know that Wentz didnt make his receivers, instead of his receivers making him? Granted, he was an excellent football speciman, hence playing middle linebacker on 3rd downs (Thorton could never), but from what games I saw, every receiver ran outstanding routes, had good hands, great size and had decent to above average AAA football speed. Plus the # receivers that actually caught the ball on a regular basis during games was around 6. Thorton needs to gain over 2000 yards of total offense by himself, and 3000 with his team to be mentioned with Wentz.
Back on subject though, I'll take Bismarck High in a closer than anticipated matchup: 22 - 15.

I will give you that elsey couldn't play middle linebacker even though i think that he could if he wanted to but i don't think Wentz could have went in and played corner of free safety at times like elsey has been doing very effectively since he was a freshmen. elsey is such a good athlete that i honestly think he could play any position of the field, with the exception of offensive line, if he put his mind to it
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball18 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:30 pm

King James wrote:

WHO IS PETERSON???

The thing that amazes me about Esley is that he seems so calm under pressure. He also makes very good decisions, he throws the ball away if nothing is there and he never forces anything, you usally don't see that with a sophomore or junior QB
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby King James » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:47 pm

squeak63 wrote:
BHSgraduate wrote:I also would agree that if the BHS play book wasn't dominated by the run plays, Esley would have put up the same numbers last year with Ploof at receiver. Esley has a lot of talent that is somewhat held back because of the BHS offense scheme.

You Can't say that bhs's playbook hasn't oppened up with elsey at the helm. in the first 2 games this season jolliffe threw a total of probably 15 passes if that. In Eslsey's first 2 game he throw probably 30-35 passes. If you ask me that is a big difference in play calling. Also you have to realize that if a team can run the ball they control the game. It tires out defences and keeps your team on the field for the majority of the game. If you can run the ball why pass 30-35 times in a game? The reason that wentz got to pass so much last year is because they had virtually no running game when they were playing against decent defenses

An offensive lineman would say that. If you were a wide reciever you would think differently
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:02 pm

Tyler Peterson i thought was their starting running back this year apparenttly i just found out it is some Miller kid, I thought he was the 2nd string last year but see heres the difference Mr. Pintar I dont just say all my buddies names ex. Esley, Joliffe Dyele. get off their ......... Heres what we will do looking at the west next year its going to be way down so your god (Esley) should easily accumulate over 3,000 all purpose yards so only time will tell
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby King James » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:29 pm

[quote="Saucesauer"]Tyler Peterson i thought was their starting running back this year apparenttly i just found out it is some Miller kid, I thought he was the 2nd string last year but see heres the difference Mr. Pintar I dont just say all my buddies names ex. Esley, Joliffe Dyele. get off their ......... Heres what we will do looking at the west next year its going to be way down so your god (Esley) should easily accumulate over 3,000 all purpose yards so only time will tell, lets hope he can stay out of trouble unlike this year, i know Wentz never touched anything illegal throughout high school.[/quo

Good for Wentz. Before you praise him some more you should grow a few inches so can do you know what to you know where
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby MARKWALD23 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:41 pm

Enough of Wentz. He's old news and not going to be playing, therefore not going to make a difference in this game. So you pat fans can get off your knees now.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby trackbbfan » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:54 pm

Miller was back-up last year until he broke his leg I believe. Peterson, I guess, must have stepped in after he went down. "some Miller Kid" that lives in the Century district wisely decided to attend BHS and is now one of the better athletes in that junior class. I am sure he has at least half a dozen TD's this year so far and a few hundred yards rushing......obviously some aren't up on high school football anymore. Well, maybe Century football......yippee.
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:05 pm

the thing about our backfield if that our backs compliment each other very well. Jake is a playmacker... the kind of kid that every time he is on the field sometime big may happen. Tyler is more of a grind it out get the tuff yards kind of a back and is a pretty good change of pace back from Jake. Also having 2 backs who can get it done opens it up for the defense and allows both of them to get alot of playing time on defense where they really help the team
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:16 pm

steve34 wrote:
brownbomber wrote:it might be a high scoring game if weather is permits it, i got bhs though i mean yeah hunter johnson but thortons played in the big game against last years south team which was stacked, and since he was out for 2 games hes trying to catch up on lost stats that he could of had with those two games, yes chs played south last year two and played well but wentz was there qb its going to be a good game

How much of this is english? There's about 4 sentences jammed into one.

"i got bhs though i mean yeah hunter johnson but thortons played in the big game against last years south team"

What the heck? This isn't even written the way someone would talk. Do you speak the language or just chew it up and spit it out?

"yes chs played south last year two and played well"--"Two" is a number. "Too" means also, which you appear to have been going for.

"but wentz was there qb"--"There" implies location ("Look over there."). "Their" implies ownership (Look at their car.").

I'm glad we have students that can calculate complex equations. But are our schools actually teaching them how to write a complete sentence anymore?

my bad sometimes i just think and dont look at what im typing, if you want to keep critizing me you can say it to my face and not on a computer, because i bet you i can sit you on your can
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:17 pm

Ok i am sorry i heard the story about him but people talk, whats wrong king james your getting defensive dont get your panties in a bunch. Some miller kid, he was a freshman when i was a senior yippie he played in like 3 games last year yippie so i didnt know BHS's starting back mybe because you are all on your knees for Esley.

I first started on this form attempting to be indiffernt but after getting attacked by a BHS student on a message board i really hope CHS ******* slaps you guys around kinda like last year

My original pick was CHS 27 BHS 26 or somthin but now I am going CHS 38 BHS 13.

I will now take the higher road and no longer post in this topic!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:04 am

Please don't discuss legal issues in this forum. Posts will be deleted and topics locked.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to AAA