Detroit Lakes, MN - 13, at (RV) Wahpeton - 22

Dickinson - 0, at Mandan - 28

(#5) Fargo North - 27, at Grand Forks Central - 13

Grand Forks Red River - 24, at Fargo Shanley - 22

(RV) Minot - 16, at (#3) Bismarck Century - 15

(#4) West Fargo - 26, at (#1) Fargo South - 35

Saturday, October 11

Jamestown - 18, at Williston - 45
Last edited by ND Football Guy on Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:11 am, edited 8 times in total.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Re: AAA - Week # 7 Schedule (2008)

Postby Orr4 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:01 pm

ND Football Guy wrote:Friday, October 10

Bismarck St. Mary's at Bismarck High

Detroit Lakes, MN at Wahpeton

Dickinson at Mandan

Fargo North at Grand Forks Central

Grand Forks Red River at Fargo Shanley

Minot at Bismarck Century

West Fargo at Fargo South

Saturday, October 11

Jamestown at Williston

Im horrible at guessin games but i think it'll look like this
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby squeak63 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:00 pm

Orr4 wrote:

Dickinson at Mandan

Saturday, October 11

Jamestown at Williston

Im horrible at guessin games but i think it'll look like this

in my mind there is 2 very interesting games. Obviously FS and west but i also think that minot and century will be a very good game.
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:06 pm

Dickinson at Mandan

Grand Forks Red River
at Fargo Shanley

Saturday, October 11

Jamestown at Williston
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby stoaxc2004 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:08 am

Dickinson at Mandan

Minot at Bismarck Century (2nd Game of the Week)

West Fargo at Fargo South (Game of the Week)

Saturday, October 11

Jamestown at Williston
stoaxc2004

Postby King James » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:06 pm

so if BHS and St marys play at the bowl and so do century and minot, who plays first that night?
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby trackbbfan » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:14 pm

Minot/CHS at 5
BHS/St Marys at 8
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby BHSgraduate » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:48 pm

BHS-Saint marys just doesnt have the talent to keep up with the BHS offense
WAHP-Just going with the ND team, Wahp does have a pretty good running game
DHS-Mandan wont win another game this season
GFC-Dont know much about either team, everytime I go for FN they lose so im switching it up
GFRR-Same as before
CHS-I hear MHS is finally getting their passing game together, dont know if its true or not. I will have to say CHS will win this one with the way their offense plays.
WF-I am hoping that someone can beat FS, it would be awesome to see a new team emerge in the state other then FS.

Sat.
WHS-Their offense is awesome, but their defense is another story. I think they can put enough points on the board and still come away with a victory.
BHSgraduate

Postby StateChamp55 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:58 pm

Minot and Century game should be a doozie. Century has a great defense this year and I see them poofing their chests in this low scoring afair.
StateChamp55

Postby Number7 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:10 pm

BHSgraduate wrote:BHS-Saint marys just doesnt have the talent to keep up with the BHS offense
WAHP-Just going with the ND team, Wahp does have a pretty good running game
DHS-Mandan wont win another game this season
GFC-Dont know much about either team, everytime I go for FN they lose so im switching it up
GFRR-Same as before
CHS-I hear MHS is finally getting their passing game together, dont know if its true or not. I will have to say CHS will win this one with the way their offense plays.
WF-I am hoping that someone can beat FS, it would be awesome to see a new team emerge in the state other then FS.Sat.
WHS-Their offense is awesome, but their defense is another story. I think they can put enough points on the board and still come away with a victory.

How quickly people forget that before South's run and the year Central won it, WF won back-to-back titles
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby pepsi123 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:29 pm

your right tyler roehl did win back to back state championships. West Fargo and South have good squads this year it is going to be a great game. it will be interseting to see who wins. The edc will be all shooken up if west fago pulls it out considering Ryan Smith and the huskies already won.
pepsi123

Postby StateChamp55 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:34 pm

I love North Dakota high school football this year. I think their are legitamatly 4 teams who have a chance to win a state title if their cards play out right. Bismarck High was the preseason favorite and I think that they have a great shot. Fargo South was behind them but with an early blow out at the hands of Edina there were some question marks, but I think they have played great every week since and have a good shot at making it a three-peat. The other two teams that have an outside chance I think are WF and CHS. If they keep playing solid ball and step it up in the playoffs they could be real contenders.
StateChamp55

Postby football guy » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:17 pm

StateChamp55 wrote:I love North Dakota high school football this year. I think their are legitamatly 4 teams who have a chance to win a state title if their cards play out right. Bismarck High was the preseason favorite and I think that they have a great shot. Fargo South was behind them but with an early blow out at the hands of Edina there were some question marks, but I think they have played great every week since and have a good shot at making it a three-peat. The other two teams that have an outside chance I think are WF and CHS. If they keep playing solid ball and step it up in the playoffs they could be real contenders.

AGREED. It might come down to those four, two good teams from bismarck and two good teams from fargo. But the game with the most interest this week is going to be the battle between the two fargo teams. It is definitely NOT a good idea to look ahead, but Bismarck High plays Century in a couple weeks, and it should be another good matchup.
football guy

Postby Number7 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:36 pm

football guy wrote:
StateChamp55 wrote:I love North Dakota high school football this year. I think their are legitamatly 4 teams who have a chance to win a state title if their cards play out right. Bismarck High was the preseason favorite and I think that they have a great shot. Fargo South was behind them but with an early blow out at the hands of Edina there were some question marks, but I think they have played great every week since and have a good shot at making it a three-peat. The other two teams that have an outside chance I think are WF and CHS. If they keep playing solid ball and step it up in the playoffs they could be real contenders.

AGREED. It might come down to those four, two good teams from bismarck and two good teams from fargo. But the game with the most interest this week is going to be the battle between the two fargo teams. It is definitely NOT a good idea to look ahead, but Bismarck High plays Century in a couple weeks, and it should be another good matchup.

I know from experience, so please refer to them as West Fargo. they are not a part of and do not want to be a part of Fargo. They are a completely separate town and school district unlike the "bismarck schools". The "fargo schools" would be North, South, Shanley, and Oak Grove. West Fargo is not a "fargo school" but i do like their chances at a possible state title run and believe that this week will go a long way towards determining what happens in November.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby pepsi123 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:01 pm

your right west fargo is a suburb, and we dont want west fargo in fargo either.
pepsi123

Postby football guy » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:08 pm

Number7 wrote:
football guy wrote:

I know from experience, so please refer to them as West Fargo. they are not a part of and do not want to be a part of Fargo. They are a completely separate town and school district unlike the "bismarck schools". The "fargo schools" would be North, South, Shanley, and Oak Grove. West Fargo is not a "fargo school" but i do like their chances at a possible state title run and believe that this week will go a long way towards determining what happens in November.

sorry that was my bad. but the matchup between West Fargo and Fargo South will be a good preview of what to expect in the state tournament
football guy

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:25 am

pepsi123 wrote:your right west fargo is a suburb, and we dont want west fargo in fargo either.

I laughed. :lol:
Number7 must have some serious internal issues about that topic.

I feel alone voting for Fargo South, even though they're ranked number one and haven't lost to North Dakota competition in years. Bunch of haters! :wink:
It'll be fun to watch.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Number7 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:33 am

I have a large internal conflict... its almost an everyday struggle but you normally have to have more than one or two for it to be considered a suburb
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:36 am

West Fargo is a suburb of Horace! Part of the greater Davenport metro area. :D
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby jonny906 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:49 am

I agree that from the west, bismark high and century will be the state contenders but from the east, you guys overlook teams like north and whap. North has always done very well and step up to the occasion (excluding the first game, with new coaches and all) but they dont have real motivation to beat a team into the ground, they only score enough to win, which gives teams like west fargo with the long ball the advantage but i still wouldn't count those two teams out
jonny906
NDPreps Starter

Postby trackbbfan » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:20 pm

I agree. Going into the playoffs, I think the #3 and #4 seeds in the west will be a lot weaker than the #3 and #4 seeds in the east.
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby kingjames » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:10 pm

It will be an interesting game between the two fargo schools. oh sorry number7 i didnt mean to associate ur landfill called west fargo with fargo. Souths running attack is relentless with brandon jemison leading the way and their quickly improving quarterback Brock Larson. I have also heard good things about west fargo's quarterback and wideouts so it should be a fun game to watch..i have south winning 28-21
kingjames
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:20 pm

I am sad that this game is being played at the Dome. Fall football weather is here and the dome kills the atmosphere of what should be a great game.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby squeak63 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:12 pm

Baller wrote:I am sad that this game is being played at the Dome. Fall football weather is here and the dome kills the atmosphere of what should be a great game.

if you ask me the turf at the dome favor's a team like fargo south to with all of their team speed... but hand it out to the program that is what they pride themselves on and they know that likley the two biggest games of the season for them (semi finals and state) are going to be on turf so why not build your team around speed? But i also agree that right now is the best time of the year to play football outside... not horribly hot...not horribly cold... but you never know in north dakota thursday is could be 80 degrees out and by friday night it could be snowing! Weird but awesome world we like in here in ND!
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:08 pm

Baller wrote:I am sad that this game is being played at the Dome. Fall football weather is here and the dome kills the atmosphere of what should be a great game.

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/58 ... undeclared

I'd rather it be indoors, to be honest.
If it doesn't come up, the forecast for Friday is:
High: 46 degrees
60% Chance of Rain
Wind 10-20 mph

I'll take the Dome game. :|
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to AAA