Fargo North - 16, at Fargo Shanley - 12

Grand Forks Central - 18, at (#2) Fargo South - 49

Jamestown - 36, at Bismarck St. Mary's - 19

(#1) West Fargo - 6, at (#5) Wahpeton - 9

Thief River Falls, MN - 22, at Grand Forks Red River - 13

Williston - 53, at Mandan - 20

Saturday, September 27

(#4) Bismarck Century - 34, at Dickinson - 0
Last edited by ND Football Guy on Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Re: AAA - Week # 5 Schedule (2008)

Postby ND Football Guy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:38 am

Updated.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby BHSgraduate » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:49 am

BHS- Minot doesnt have anyone returning really, losing a lot to graduation last year.
Shanley- No reason I guess.
GFC- Hoping for the upset here, :D highly doubt it will happen.
STM- Had a good homecoming victory, should carry on the this game.
WF- They run the mis-direction so well, its hard to stop it. Wahpton has a good running back, but I dont think he can do it all himself.
GFRR- Going with the ND team.
WIL-Mandan just isnt good this year, doubt they will win any more games this year.
CHS- If DIC cant beat STM, they wont be able to be a talented CHS team.
BHSgraduate

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:04 pm

ND Football Guy wrote:Friday, September 26

(#3) Bismarck High at (RV) Minot

Fargo North at Fargo Shanley

Grand Forks Central at (#2) Fargo South

Jamestown at Bismarck St. Mary's

(#1) West Fargo at (#5) Wahpeton

Thief River Falls, MN at Grand Forks Red River

Williston at Mandan

Saturday, September 27

(#4) Bismarck Century at Dickinson

:)
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Number7 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:23 am

Watch that WF-Wahpeton game... that one could be an upset because West Fargo does not play very well historically at Wahp. With Wahp being ranked I believe it helps eliminate the possibilty of over-looking them but not completely. Wahpeton has or scarred many WF seasons by beatin them on their home turf. Plus WF's speed and lack of size could, and has been in the past, a problem against Wahpeton's pound it out running game.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby HeisAlive » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:52 am

I'm not a big BHS fan but IMO Minot is going to have a very long homecoming night, BHS by 21. I don't believe MHS has gel'd together yet this year after losing so much last year.
Phil 4:13,19
HeisAlive
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Jarudy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:41 pm

Williston at Mandan

Saturday, September 27

Bismarck
FN
FS
BSM
WF
GFRR
Will
BC
Jarudy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jarudy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:44 pm

Number7 wrote:Watch that WF-Wahpeton game... that one could be an upset because West Fargo does not play very well historically at Wahp. With Wahp being ranked I believe it helps eliminate the possibilty of over-looking them but not completely. Wahpeton has or scarred many WF seasons by beatin them on their home turf. Plus WF's speed and lack of size could, and has been in the past, a problem against Wahpeton's pound it out running game.

Lack of size? a 6' 3' reciever, a decent sized line, team with good overall speed

However, I agree with a good game (i hate the scrum)
Jarudy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Number7 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:19 pm

Jarudy wrote:
Number7 wrote:Watch that WF-Wahpeton game... that one could be an upset because West Fargo does not play very well historically at Wahp. With Wahp being ranked I believe it helps eliminate the possibilty of over-looking them but not completely. Wahpeton has or scarred many WF seasons by beatin them on their home turf. Plus WF's speed and lack of size could, and has been in the past, a problem against Wahpeton's pound it out running game.

Lack of size? a 6' 3' reciever, a decent sized line, team with good overall speed

However, I agree with a good game (i hate the scrum)

I wasnt talking about height... I was talking about the line, which besides Bellmore has always been smaller than most of the other high end teams in AAA since the Brennan brothers left. Thats why they use so much speed and misdirestion. Its not necessarily a bad thing cuz WF uses their spread with the shotgun well and do not need as big of a line. Sorry i didnt type that well, I meant to say their speed was and advantage but lack of size in the trenches will be and has historically been a problem, especially against an offense like the famous "scrum".
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby JRgoldfan » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:43 pm

North 16, Shanley 12

Williston at Mandan

Saturday, September 27

JRgoldfan

Postby BHSgraduate » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:14 pm

Minot is being worked by BHS on their homecoming night, I believe the score right now is 42-6? Not sure what Minots problem is but it is a good victory for BHS since last time they played Minot on their homecoming night BHS was worked pretty bad! Good job BHS!!!!
BHSgraduate

Postby ND Football Guy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:04 pm

Updated.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby MinotBison » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:34 pm

BHSgraduate wrote:Minot is being worked by BHS on their homecoming night, I believe the score right now is 42-6? Not sure what Minots problem is but it is a good victory for BHS since last time they played Minot on their homecoming night BHS was worked pretty bad! Good job BHS!!!!

Minot had I believe 5 turnovers tonight. Minot also has a very weak passing game, and every team knows it. There were a number of times where Minot looked to have an open receiver, and the ball just didn't get there. Minot did throw a short pass for a TD, but they also threw an INT that was returned for a TD, and had a pass deep in BHS territory that was intercepted and run back inside the Minot 10, where BHS scored shortly afterwards.

Minot actually has a decent running attack, but when the other team sticks eight guys in the box, even that gets rather limited results.
MinotBison
NDPreps Starter

Postby NODAKsportsFAN » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:35 am

MinotBison wrote:
BHSgraduate wrote:Minot is being worked by BHS on their homecoming night, I believe the score right now is 42-6? Not sure what Minots problem is but it is a good victory for BHS since last time they played Minot on their homecoming night BHS was worked pretty bad! Good job BHS!!!!

Minot had I believe 5 turnovers tonight. Minot also has a very weak passing game, and every team knows it. There were a number of times where Minot looked to have an open receiver, and the ball just didn't get there. Minot did throw a short pass for a TD, but they also threw an INT that was returned for a TD, and had a pass deep in BHS territory that was intercepted and run back inside the Minot 10, where BHS scored shortly afterwards.

Minot actually has a decent running attack, but when the other team sticks eight guys in the box, even that gets rather limited results.

100% Agreed. Minot needs to do something about their QB situation or it could turn into a long season for them. A good running game with a poor passing game will only take you so far until teams start shutting down the run. Does Minot have any other options besides Somerville to play at QB?
NODAKsportsFAN

Postby trackbbfan » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:02 am

I think Max Murphy came in at QB....not sure how good he is though. He is only a soph I believe.
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby King James » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:33 am

Murphy did come in and threw like 3 or 4 completions i think, granted it was against the BHS back ups but i thought he threw a better ball than the other kid. Minot's running game is pretty good. If they had a QB who could complete a simple 10 yard pass they would be a dangerous team.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby Number7 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:39 am

Sounds like a certain purple and gold team from Minnesota, and I dont mean Minnesota State-Mankato
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby body-by-budig » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:00 pm

its got to be humiliating to have one of the largest enrollments in the state and not be able to find a qb that doesnt look like hes throwing with his opposite hand. the dip that class aaa football has taken since last year is extremely dramatic. i was at the wf whap game last night, and it looked like a glorifed jv scrimmage. sorry all but its just my opinion.
body-by-budig
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MinotBison » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:27 pm

NODAKsportsFAN wrote:
MinotBison wrote:

100% Agreed. Minot needs to do something about their QB situation or it could turn into a long season for them. A good running game with a poor passing game will only take you so far until teams start shutting down the run. Does Minot have any other options besides Somerville to play at QB?

The backups, Steinwand and Murphy, are both Sophomores. But I've gotta believe that the coaches are at least thinking in that direction.
MinotBison
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:39 am

Surprised there hasn't been more banter about the WF - Wahp game. FS takes the #1 spot by clobbering Central, and WF drops down to third. (Fargo North tied South for first by beating Shanley 16-12, but I have a feeling South will be alone soon)

Should be fun to watch Bismark, WF, and South all play each other in the coming weeks.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Return to AAA