AAA - Week # 1 Schedule (2008)

The teams in Class AAA

Re: AAA - Week # 1 Schedule (2008)

Postby Flip » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:38 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:Edina is a great (if even underrated in Minnesota) football team.
If I heard correctly, I believe Edina had more Seniors than South had players at the game. That's impressive.

Someone posted the link earlier in this thread and Edina wasn't in the metro top 10, if that means anything. Hard to believe considering their only loss last year was in the section title game.

42 seniors listed if I counted right -
http://mshsl.org/mshsl/schoolactpage.as ... actnum=406
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND Football Guy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:24 pm

Updated - 8/29
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:13 am

Of course most of what the announcers say is a bunch of bunk, the guy for The FAN claimed that Edina was ranked #3 in the state this year. I don't know where he got that information, but he said it.

Edit:
Oh, and, Anders Lee is a man child.
In case you missed it.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:15 pm

http://www.minnesota-scores.net/ranking ... &sport=104
Oct. 16, 2007 they were ranked #5...you might need to register to see that link
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Moos66 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:54 pm

Jamestown 32, Grand Forks Central 19
Moos66
NDPreps Rookie

Postby click clack moo » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:03 pm

tell me about the saint marrys game? was that team they faced any good? and if so will saint marry's be having a good year this year.. they are usually one of the weaker teams in the wda? will this year we different?
click clack moo
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:20 pm

click clack moo wrote:tell me about the saint marrys game? was that team they faced any good? and if so will saint marry's be having a good year this year.. they are usually one of the weaker teams in the wda? will this year we different?

don't quote me on this or anything because i didn't get this from a reliable source but i heard the size of the town in mn that st.marys played was about the size of center nd
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:01 am

9-12 enrollment of Proctor is 557. They are class 3A for football, 5A is the biggest.
11-1 in 2007 losing in first round of state (quarterfinals)
11-1 in 2006 losing in first round of state (quarterfinals)
8-2 in 2005 losing in section semi-finals
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby BHSgraduate » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:12 pm

Still a good attitude booster for St.Marys. I dont care who you are entering the season 1-0 gives you a little bit of confidence.
BHSgraduate

Postby Orr4 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:17 pm

I agree with BHSgraduate. If you can start out the season 2-0 or 1-1 its going to give the team a big confidence booste for the upcoming conference games.
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BHSgraduate » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:24 pm

Does anyone have details on the Fargo South game? I know they can't be that down this year....were they just not prepared or was the team they played just that good?
BHSgraduate

Postby KyleJRM » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:33 pm

It's always hard to tell when you've only played one opponent, I would guess. I imagine we'll know more when they play Williston.
KyleJRM
NDPreps Starter

Postby joemagoo » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:04 pm

BHSgraduate wrote:Does anyone have details on the Fargo South game? I know they can't be that down this year....were they just not prepared or was the team they played just that good?

I am a student at Edina High School, I went on this forum to get some information on Fargo South before the game. Edina matches up very well with South in that the strength of South's offense is obviously the running game, and the strength of Edina's defense is their front seven. For the most part Edina's defensive line ate up blocks and the linebackers made plays.

The first half was very sloppy by both teams, as expected in a season opener. Quite a few penalties for both teams, neither team was able to get much done. In the second half, South just didn't have an answer for Anders Lee, and were put into a difficult spot offensively being forced to pass.

Edina is certainly not as good as their 10-1 section runner-up team from a year ago. They lose far and away their best player, Mike Rallis, to the University of Minnesota, and have only one lineman returning. Lee is probably the only viable offensive option for Edina, as South probably knows by now. Edina's defense will be very good this year, however Edina plays in one of the toughest conferences in Minnesota, and they are probably either the third or fourth best team in their five team conference. Wayzata and Minnetonka are clearly the best two, and are first and third in the state respectively. Edina plays the other strong team in their conference, Hopkins, on Friday, and we'll be able to better gauge their talent after that game.

Hope I was helpful.
joemagoo

Postby baseball18 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:14 am

joemagoo wrote:
BHSgraduate wrote:Does anyone have details on the Fargo South game? I know they can't be that down this year....were they just not prepared or was the team they played just that good?

I am a student at Edina High School, I went on this forum to get some information on Fargo South before the game. Edina matches up very well with South in that the strength of South's offense is obviously the running game, and the strength of Edina's defense is their front seven. For the most part Edina's defensive line ate up blocks and the linebackers made plays.

The first half was very sloppy by both teams, as expected in a season opener. Quite a few penalties for both teams, neither team was able to get much done. In the second half, South just didn't have an answer for Anders Lee, and were put into a difficult spot offensively being forced to pass.

Edina is certainly not as good as their 10-1 section runner-up team from a year ago. They lose far and away their best player, Mike Rallis, to the University of Minnesota, and have only one lineman returning. Lee is probably the only viable offensive option for Edina, as South probably knows by now. Edina's defense will be very good this year, however Edina plays in one of the toughest conferences in Minnesota, and they are probably either the third or fourth best team in their five team conference. Wayzata and Minnetonka are clearly the best two, and are first and third in the state respectively. Edina plays the other strong team in their conference, Hopkins, on Friday, and we'll be able to better gauge their talent after that game.

Hope I was helpful.

This may be a down year for South as well compared to the past few seasons. THey lost quite a bit on both fronts andsome key LBs. They lost the best player in the state from 07 in Josh Horner to NDSU. South lost quite a few starters. It would have been interesting to see these two teams plays last year or in 2006... but anyways, Edina looks like a tough team, anyone that can blowout the two time defending state champs is a solid team.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball18 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:16 am

squeak63 wrote:
click clack moo wrote:tell me about the saint marrys game? was that team they faced any good? and if so will saint marry's be having a good year this year.. they are usually one of the weaker teams in the wda? will this year we different?

don't quote me on this or anything because i didn't get this from a reliable source but i heard the size of the town in mn that st.marys played was about the size of center nd

def. not a reliabl source. proctor is like 2500 ppl, Center isn't even half that.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to AAA