Best Quarterbacks in State

The teams in Class AAA

Re: Best Quarterbacks in State

Postby GFRR99 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:53 pm

if schnabel isnt the starter, north will have a rough year with bosch. i think north is going to need a qb who is athletic and can move around well becuase their O-line probalby wont be that great. ive heard nothing but positive things about his work ethics as well. from what ive aslo heard is that the back up qb, bosch, sleeps in instead of going to weight lifting with the rest of the team at north during the summer
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:14 pm

GFRR99 wrote:if schnabel isnt the starter, north will have a rough year with bosch. i think north is going to need a qb who is athletic and can move around well becuase their O-line probalby wont be that great. ive heard nothing but positive things about his work ethics as well. from what ive aslo heard is that the back up qb, bosch, sleeps in instead of going to weight lifting with the rest of the team at north during the summer

i don't see how schnabel doesn't start... good arm great scrambling ability and obviously has a lot of football smarts... you have to realize that in norths offence last yeah a lot of times he read the denfence and decided what to do ... nowpersonally in high school football thats almost unheard of
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby DukeBlueDevils2316 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:04 pm

squeak63 wrote:
GFRR99 wrote:if schnabel isnt the starter, north will have a rough year with bosch. i think north is going to need a qb who is athletic and can move around well becuase their O-line probalby wont be that great. ive heard nothing but positive things about his work ethics as well. from what ive aslo heard is that the back up qb, bosch, sleeps in instead of going to weight lifting with the rest of the team at north during the summer

i don't see how schnabel doesn't start... good arm great scrambling ability and obviously has a lot of football smarts... you have to realize that in norths offence last yeah a lot of times he read the denfence and decided what to do ... nowpersonally in high school football thats almost unheard of

North has a new coach this year and they will be running the spread offense i think. and schnabel is a MUCH better fit at QB in the spread offense than bosh. So unless north doesnt want to make their offense the best possible, schnable will start
DukeBlueDevils2316
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NODAKsportsFAN » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:39 pm

Who will be Minot's starting QB after losing Elgie?
NODAKsportsFAN

Postby balla45 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:54 pm

NODAKsportsFAN wrote:Who will be Minot's starting QB after losing Elgie?

I'm thinking Max Murphy.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby NODAKsportsFAN » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:22 pm

balla45 wrote:

I'm thinking Max Murphy.

Never heard of him...?
NODAKsportsFAN

Postby balla45 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:42 pm

NODAKsportsFAN wrote:
balla45 wrote:

I'm thinking Max Murphy.

Never heard of him...?

I'm told it will be him or some other junior who I don't know. He is going to be a sophomore. Legit shot at being starting qb and point guard.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby MinotBison » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:54 pm

It will be Derek Somerville, provided he gets enough practices in before the first game. He has been with the Legion baseball team and has missed the first few practices, but since they were eliminated from the Midwest regional just a few hours ago, that shouldn't be a problem.

Also, a few nights ago, Minot's coach on television made reference to some transfer players "from out of town" that could contribute to the team. Does anyone know who they might be and where they are from?
MinotBison
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jarudy » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:19 pm

south has a good lifting program that tops WF? yeah right...re-order it WF than South

South's quarterback is a soph this year if I'm not mistaken? GFRR's QB is pretty good to when give time. Schanble (spelling?) is good if he has protection, which is sort of lacking with the inexperience its facing
Jarudy
NDPreps Starter

Postby heisman10 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:22 pm

neer from west fargo is pretty good too. he is fairly accurate and he has good wide receivers that go up and make plays.
heisman10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby brownbomber » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:07 pm

esley thorton and hunter johnson are both very good qbs in the west along with alex hanson of williston
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsfan1989 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:39 pm

Alex Hanson is by far the best quarter back..Number 1 in passing yards and Number 2 for rushing yards in the West. I think 2nd overall in yards for the entire state..
sportsfan1989

Postby Baller » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:16 pm

sportsfan1989 wrote:Alex Hanson is by far the best quarter back..Number 1 in passing yards and Number 2 for rushing yards in the West. I think 2nd overall in yards for the entire state..

Playing for whom?/
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Thirty » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:44 pm

sportsfan1989 wrote:Alex Hanson is by far the best quarter back..Number 1 in passing yards and Number 2 for rushing yards in the West. I think 2nd overall in yards for the entire state..

Ya, Hanson owns
Thirty
NDPreps Starter

Postby J.Loftus » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:01 am

brownbomber wrote:esley thorton and hunter johnson are both very good qbs in the west along with alex hanson of williston

I agree with brownbomber on this one. elsey is a dude and he still has another year left. Look for that kid to do great things in the future.
J.Loftus
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Deuce » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:16 am

Baller wrote:

Playing for whom?/

He plays for Williston. Kid is fast but to me he's not that proficient of a passer. The game I saw he missed quite a few open recievers by a big margin. I'd say he's more of a tailback playing QB. Total yards doesn't tell the whole story sometimes.

The kid I've been the most impressed with is Thorton. He's the prototypical QB. Not blazing but pretty quick and put him in the pocket or roll him out and he's deadly accurate with good reads.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby trackbbfan » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:46 am

I agree. Hanson doesn't have as many options as far as teammates to go to as Thorton does. Thorton doesn't have to carry as much of a load as Hanson does. Thorton's stats would skyrocket if he didn't have the teammates he does. Hanson is a great athlete and football player though.....
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby cornerback*22* » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:14 pm

trackbbfan wrote:I agree. Hanson doesn't have as many options as far as teammates to go to as Thorton does. Thorton doesn't have to carry as much of a load as Hanson does. Thorton's stats would skyrocket if he didn't have the teammates he does. Hanson is a great athlete and football player though.....

hanson has the best reciever in the state, jeff skadeland
cornerback*22*

Postby trackbbfan » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:00 pm

exactly.....Hanson's one option compared to Thorton's 6. BHS has more of a running game than Williston...and Thorton doesn't have to run it himself (therefore, he doesn't get the stats other QB's on teams without a great supporting cast). I am not taking anything away from Hanson....he is a great athlete.....
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:15 am

You will be able to tell the real difference next year when Hanson loses everyone around him.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby AAAsportsfan » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:22 am

I think that goes for every QB in the state! They are only as good as the line that protects them. AND one lineman can't do it all.
AAAsportsfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cornerback*22* » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:53 pm

trackbbfan wrote:exactly.....Hanson's one option compared to Thorton's 6. BHS has more of a running game than Williston...and Thorton doesn't have to run it himself (therefore, he doesn't get the stats other QB's on teams without a great supporting cast). I am not taking anything away from Hanson....he is a great athlete.....

you mean you arent taking anything away from Esley right
cornerback*22*

Postby Rodgers4ever » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:55 am

cornerback*22* wrote:
trackbbfan wrote:I agree. Hanson doesn't have as many options as far as teammates to go to as Thorton does. Thorton doesn't have to carry as much of a load as Hanson does. Thorton's stats would skyrocket if he didn't have the teammates he does. Hanson is a great athlete and football player though.....

hanson has the best reciever in the state, jeff skadeland

Thorton is by far the better than hanson. if you look at hansons numbers versues the top 2 teams in the west they are scary. he could do nothing against bhs and got picked off by thorton a couple of times if i remember right. if thorton had to do everything round him like hanson does his numbers would be even higher than hansons and skadeland is not the best wr in the state, if the refs seem 2 scared to through the penalty flag on offensive pass interference. if they actually called it skadeland would have more penalty yards than he would receiving yards
If their shooting at you, you're doing something right
Rodgers4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby trackbbfan » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:12 pm

Exactly, Rodgers. Thorton and Hanson are not even in the same league..... If you watch Thorton throw that sprial or run the ball, it is indeed fun to watch. Esley has the luxury of handing it off to Miller or passing it to one of his 4 receivers. Hanson does not have that option and has to do most of the work himself.
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby brownbomber » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:56 pm

trackbbfan wrote:Exactly, Rodgers. Thorton and Hanson are not even in the same league..... If you watch Thorton throw that sprial or run the ball, it is indeed fun to watch. Esley has the luxury of handing it off to Miller or passing it to one of his 4 receivers. Hanson does not have that option and has to do most of the work himself.

hanson has an average 300lb line in front of him which helps and im not saying he doesnt have the skills but if yopur going to say esley has a running game then hanson has an oline not saying bismarck highs is bad but idk they have a qvale on their team
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to AAA