Best Quarterbacks in State

The teams in Class AAA

Re: Best Quarterbacks in State

Postby Rodgers4ever » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:03 pm

brownbomber wrote:
trackbbfan wrote:Exactly, Rodgers. Thorton and Hanson are not even in the same league..... If you watch Thorton throw that sprial or run the ball, it is indeed fun to watch. Esley has the luxury of handing it off to Miller or passing it to one of his 4 receivers. Hanson does not have that option and has to do most of the work himself.

hanson has an average 300lb line in front of him which helps and im not saying he doesnt have the skills but if yopur going to say esley has a running game then hanson has an oline not saying bismarck highs is bad but idk they have a qvale on their team

well personally i would much rather have bismarck highs line than willistons line. i watch qvale some plays and very often on plays he just stands up. he doesnt move the d-line back. that could be a problem for him next year. but the reason that bhs has a running game can be attributed to their line. do u know the reason why williston has a shotgun offense? its designed for a team with a weaker line to give the qb more time. w/o a doubt the bhs line is better
If their shooting at you, you're doing something right
Rodgers4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:05 pm

Rodgers4ever wrote:
brownbomber wrote:
trackbbfan wrote:Exactly, Rodgers. Thorton and Hanson are not even in the same league..... If you watch Thorton throw that sprial or run the ball, it is indeed fun to watch. Esley has the luxury of handing it off to Miller or passing it to one of his 4 receivers. Hanson does not have that option and has to do most of the work himself.

hanson has an average 300lb line in front of him which helps and im not saying he doesnt have the skills but if yopur going to say esley has a running game then hanson has an oline not saying bismarck highs is bad but idk they have a qvale on their team

well personally i would much rather have bismarck highs line than willistons line. i watch qvale some plays and very often on plays he just stands up. he doesnt move the d-line back. that could be a problem for him next year. but the reason that bhs has a running game can be attributed to their line. do u know the reason why williston has a shotgun offense? its designed for a team with a weaker line to give the qb more time. w/o a doubt the bhs line is better

Go ahead and give BHS's line credit i love it but i would like to take the time to give Jake Miller credit. The kid could make pretty much any offensive like in the state look good. Think about it when you have a back who hits the holes as fast and hard as he does the line only has to hold a block for a split second for him to make his cut and be into the second level. You take someone who is even one step behind what jake is and thats one more split second the o-line has to hold their blocks and one more split second for the d-line or linebackers to make a move and make a play.
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Rodgers4ever » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:17 pm

squeak63 wrote:
Rodgers4ever wrote:
brownbomber wrote:

Go ahead and give BHS's line credit i love it but i would like to take the time to give Jake Miller credit. The kid could make pretty much any offensive like in the state look good. Think about it when you have a back who hits the holes as fast and hard as he does the line only has to hold a block for a split second for him to make his cut and be into the second level. You take someone who is even one step behind what jake is and thats one more split second the o-line has to hold their blocks and one more split second for the d-line or linebackers to make a move and make a play.

im not hatin on miller here, but if he were put on a team that had a mediocre qb and a dismal offensive line he would not nearly be the rb that he is. d's can't creep up on him cause then esley would throw all day agaisnt them. u can argue all that u want but the success of an offensive if directly related to the quality of their offensive line.
Rodgers4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby trackbbfan » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:06 pm

wouldn't that be the case for any running back?!?
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:15 pm

Rodgers4ever wrote:
squeak63 wrote:
Rodgers4ever wrote:
brownbomber wrote:

im not hatin on miller here, but if he were put on a team that had a mediocre qb and a dismal offensive line he would not nearly be the rb that he is. d's can't creep up on him cause then esley would throw all day agaisnt them. u can argue all that u want but the success of an offensive if directly related to the quality of their offensive line.

i was by no means hatin on our offensive line with my statement what i was trying to say is that he makes us a lot better just like we make him a lot better.
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby heisman10 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:59 pm

ha isnt this topic supposed to be on quarterbacks?...
heisman10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Rodgers4ever » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:20 pm

heisman10 wrote:ha isnt this topic supposed to be on quarterbacks?...

the point that i was trying to get at is that esley still is the better qb and that he would be putting up the numbers the hanson is if he didnt have the players around him that he does. but the success of any offense is related to how good there o-line is and the better o-line is obviously bhs
Rodgers4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby DukeBlueDevils2316 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:06 am

No Williston has a better O-line, Brent Qvale 6'7 300+lbs committed to Nebraska
DukeBlueDevils2316
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Rodgers4ever » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:14 am

DukeBlueDevils2316 wrote:No Williston has a better O-line, Brent Qvale 6'7 300+lbs committed to Nebraska

i know that this is getting off topic again. but have u seen the williston o-line while playing a decent team like sout chs or bhs. its like the flood gates opened up and leaves hanson running for his life. there is no way u can tell me that the line of williston is better than that of bhs
Rodgers4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:17 am

DukeBlueDevils2316 wrote:No Williston has a better O-line, Brent Qvale 6'7 300+lbs committed to Nebraska

I have not seen any AAA team play but I can tell yo this: one dominant lineman does not make a line great.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby squeak63 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:56 pm

williston has good tackles but are a little weak on the inside... i personally think right now their other tackle is a better pass blocker than qvale
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Orr4 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:32 am

squeak63 wrote:

williston has good tackles but are a little weak on the inside... i personally think right now their other tackle is a better pass blocker than qvale

Why do you think that?
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby squeak63 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:06 pm

Orr4 wrote:
squeak63 wrote:

Why do you think that?

because when i played against them i thought qvale was the easier of the 2 to get around when pass rushing
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Orr4 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:00 pm

squeak63 wrote:
Orr4 wrote:
squeak63 wrote:

Why do you think that?

because when i played against them i thought qvale was the easier of the 2 to get around when pass rushing

When did you play against him? Was it this year? Last Year? Two Years?
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Jarudy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:18 pm

One person never makes an entire team.
Jarudy
NDPreps Starter

Postby AAAsportsfan » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:27 pm

what's the matter, Orr44--do you have a problem believing that Williston has more than ONE good lineman?
AAAsportsfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:58 pm

Orr4 wrote:
squeak63 wrote:
Orr4 wrote:
squeak63 wrote:

Why do you think that?

I believe Squeak63 has played against Qvale for the past 2-3 years, this year included.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby squeak63 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:21 pm

Orr4 wrote:
squeak63 wrote:
Orr4 wrote:
squeak63 wrote:

Why do you think that?

the last 3 years including this year like balla45 said... don't get me wrong i am not saying he is bad i just thought in the game we played against them this year then other tackle did better pass blocking
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby KyleJRM » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:15 pm

brownbomber wrote:

I have no opinion on Thorton, whom I haven't seen play so I have no idea if he's better or worse than Hanson, but this isn't true.

Qvale is listed at 317, which I believe is about right. The rest of the linemen are 190 and 245 pounds.
KyleJRM
NDPreps Starter

Postby Orr4 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:59 pm

AAAsportsfan wrote:what's the matter, Orr44--do you have a problem believing that Williston has more than ONE good lineman?

No I have no problem believing Williston has more than one good linemen. I was just confused at what squeak63 meant. My bad
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby jonny906 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:10 pm

On my opinion, the bigger the line man the worst. They are usually less coordinated and slower off the line. Austin Richards was the only big lineman in AAA ND that has really got the job done. I would much rather go against a 310 6'7'' giant any day over a 230 6'0'' kid that can get off the ball.
jonny906
NDPreps Starter

Postby thejoker » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:44 pm

jonny906 wrote:On my opinion, the bigger the line man the worst. They are usually less coordinated and slower off the line. Austin Richards was the only big lineman in AAA ND that has really got the job done. I would much rather go against a 310 6'7'' giant any day over a 230 6'0'' kid that can get off the ball.

Are you kidding?
Look at the NFL or good college teams.

A sub-300 pounder is hard to come by.
thejoker
NDPreps Starter

Postby jonny906 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:27 pm

thejoker wrote:
jonny906 wrote:On my opinion, the bigger the line man the worst. They are usually less coordinated and slower off the line. Austin Richards was the only big lineman in AAA ND that has really got the job done. I would much rather go against a 310 6'7'' giant any day over a 230 6'0'' kid that can get off the ball.

Are you kidding?

last time i checked jared allen and Jimmy Kleinsasser are only 270 and they are the best pass rusher and blocking tight end in the nfl. so back on point. One Lineman can't carry a team.
jonny906
NDPreps Starter

Postby body-by-budig » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:25 am

jonny906 wrote:
thejoker wrote:

Are you kidding?

last time i checked jared allen and Jimmy Kleinsasser are only 270 and they are the best pass rusher and blocking tight end in the nfl. so back on point. One Lineman can't carry a team.

LOL! Since when is 270lbs small? Jared Allen is also a D-End. Defensive ends aren't supposed to be so darn big they can't even move. They D-ends in the NFL have become more of linebacker stature anyway. I would love a 300+ pounder that can get off the ball anyday over your 270 defensive tackle, or guard.
body-by-budig
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cubsfan » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:30 pm

Let's get back on topic.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to AAA