Running Backs

The teams in Class AAA

Running Backs

Postby tjschobinger » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:01 pm

Im looking for opinions on who some of the best running backs are going to be this next year.(In the state)
tjschobinger

Re: Running Backs

Postby Riders00 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:33 am

I think North has McDougal coming back next year
Riders00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby squeak63 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:24 am

bhs will have both jake miller and tyler peterson playing running back this year... i think jake would have had a great season last year ( as a sophmore) if he wouldn't have broken his ankle... he is very shifty and fast... him and peterson might both play some defense to tho so they may split time
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby tjschobinger » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:43 pm

Well, coach Gibson wouldn't have them split time a whole lot though... because he usually likes to have a "premier" back doesnt he? i mean, their runningback is the cornerstone of their offense,,, why would they want to mess around having 2 of them split time or playing defense?
tjschobinger

Postby squeak63 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:05 am

because there 2 totally different running backs that are going to have totally different styles of play... miller is more of a flashy guy who isn't gonna grind out 4 or 5 yard carries every play but he is gonna get you his 20/30+ yard carries... peterson is a guy who will grind it out and get the tuff yards and break tackles but he also has enough speed where once in a while he is gonna break a big run... kinda like schmidke was... it all depends on the way the game is going and who you are playing agains't but with those 2 splitting carries i think it makes your team way more versitile
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby tjschobinger » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:28 am

Yea, that makes sense.
But hey, i gotta give props to Jake Miller, what a stud man. He went from 7th and 8th grade B team running back to a seemingly very dangerous back in terms of VARSITY football... as a SOPH. From not starting in 7th and 8th grade basketball to playing JV and stuff as a soph. And not to mention he's one of the top 800 runners in the state. The mans got talent people, watch for his name all over the place in the media next year. He's for real.
tjschobinger

Postby tjschobinger » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:30 am

Oh, im also wondering who will replace that stud Fargo South runningback. Those will be HUGE shoes to fill.
tjschobinger

Postby sou7hsid3 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:25 am

Brandon jemison
sou7hsid3

Postby earl » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:34 pm

sou7hsid3 wrote:Brandon jemison

Is he from South. Zach Emil from CHS will be a very solid back next year. Short(5'6"), Stockey, and quick.
earl

Postby MHSfan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:17 pm

earl wrote:

Is he from South. Zach Emil from CHS will be a very solid back next year. Short(5'6"), Stockey, and quick.

A solid back that is 5 foot 6 inches? I played against him this year and he wasn't anything special in my opinion.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby earl » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:59 pm

MHSfan wrote:
earl wrote:

A solid back that is 5 foot 6 inches? I played against him this year and he wasn't anything special in my opinion.

He split carries with Jordan Hoerner i think. Emil didnt run much last year because of CHS' spread offense but he is only a sophmore and he runs very well. You watch and he will be one of the top backs in the state next year. Great vision and deceptive size.
earl

Postby Wild Wolves » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:05 am

deceptive size???
Maybe strength would be better.
Lets keep this clean.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Number7 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:15 am

earl wrote:
MHSfan wrote:
earl wrote:

He split carries with Jordan Hoerner i think. Emil didnt run much last year because of CHS' spread offense but he is only a sophmore and he runs very well. You watch and he will be one of the top backs in the state next year. Great vision and deceptive size.

Wont CHS run the same offense this year? which would mean he again will not run that much
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby flyguy » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:05 pm

Number7 wrote:
earl wrote:
MHSfan wrote:
earl wrote:

Wont CHS run the same offense this year? which would mean he again will not run that much

Doubtful im sure they will switch it up considerring Wents is gone there KINDA gonna miss him.
flyguy

Postby demon_fan14 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:47 pm

flyguy wrote:
Number7 wrote:
earl wrote:
MHSfan wrote:
earl wrote:

Doubtful im sure they will switch it up considerring Wents is gone there KINDA gonna miss him.

no doubt.......chs will be nothing like last year
demon_fan14

Postby MrFearing » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:01 pm

demon_fan14 wrote:
flyguy wrote:
Number7 wrote:
earl wrote:
MHSfan wrote:
earl wrote:

no doubt.......chs will be nothing like last year

Do you think they will even contend in the state....or west
MrFearing

Postby FBguy17 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:29 pm

mcdougall from north will be good next year
FBguy17

Postby GFRR99 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:00 pm

FBguy17 wrote:mcdougall from north will be good next year

should be alright. he splits carries with sam johnson (jr.) and mike larson (jr.) so his touches might not be has high as it should
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Return to AAA